Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some interesting redshirt decisions upcoming

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited November 2018
    EwaDawg said:

Houhusky said:

Regardless of if he goes pro or not you burned the option of him playing for another year for meaningless snaps during a gimme game. DDY is right that a lot of things can happen. Trey Adams is supposed to be starting as a pro right now. Hopefully we shred the yoots early and they end up not even playing a bunch of these guys in the ccg. I hope that peterman and company decided that it was better to get a given game experience than count on a ccg appearance and risk only giving them 3 games with reps.

This is what I don’t get is so hard for people to understand.

We literally have Trey Adams, 100% NFL OT lock as high draft pick coming back next year as a 5th year senior.

Can you imagine the shit people would be saying if we played Trey and had burned his redshirt elligiabilty against some shit teams and this was his last year... this was it... because we played him against fucking Oregon state or something?

There is literally an example of a all pro super star future first high pick 100% leaving early player making use of a valuable redshirt on the fucking roster... right now...

Don’t burn resources you don’t need to... future high pick NFL TEs don’t need 6 snaps against Stanford and 3 catches against Oregon state community college to “knock the rust off” or whatever retarded parrot speak the faggots are saying and the team didn’t need him to beat either.
    Fun fact. He's leaving for the nfl
    Great. Now if we could only figure out which year?

For the fucking life of me I can't figure out why Bitchfork spends so much time here while adding NOTHING of value.
    Yet somehow you are the only one that gets triggered.

I have no intention of adding anything but horseshit.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited November 2018

Playing him four games is dumb. The end. There was no point to it. He should absolutely play the next two games. He absolutely should not have played one of the Stanford or OSU games as many others have pointed out.

Total horse Shit.

we NEED Hunter Bryant these next two games. His reps earlier in the year prepared him for the next two games, the most important two games of the season. Holding him out to stunt his development for the Next Two Games is MossterfS
  • Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Hunter is the exact kind of guy a McVay or Payton will abuse at the next level. And they'll get him in the 4th round because others wont figure out how he fits. Newsflash - take the talent and figure it out. Not the inverse.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    kh83 said:

Hunter is the exact kind of guy a McVay or Payton will abuse at the next level. And they'll get him in the 4th round because others wont figure out how he fits. Newsflash - take the talent and figure it out. Not the inverse.

Exactly. Gerald Everett is 6-3 240 and McVay uses him all over the field, HB, slot, off-tackle. Hunter will be coveted at the next level and we will hear rumblings about him in draft mocks next year, I don’t think that’s ridiculous to say.
  • Options

Playing him four games is dumb. The end. There was no point to it. He should absolutely play the next two games. He absolutely should not have played one of the Stanford or OSU games as many others have pointed out.

Total horse Shit.

we NEED Hunter Bryant these next two games. His reps earlier in the year prepared him for the next two games, the most important two games of the season. Holding him out to stunt his development for the Next Two Games is MossterfS
    Alright, welp I can’t argue anymore. This is painful.
    Only because you feel you’re smarter than Petersen on making personel decisions.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Mods I ask that you burn this thread down
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,311
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Total horse Shit.

Did we NEED him the first time to buttfuck the yoots in their own home?
  • Options
    You willing to lose the game while resting superior talent on the bench simply to hope he's here three years from now?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,311
    Swaye's Wigwam

You willing to lose the game while resting superior talent on the bench simply to hope he's here three years from now?

If the talent we are talking about is the difference between winning and losing to a beat to shit squad we already dominated in their house in a game on a neutral field then we have bigger coaching issues than burning redshirts.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,922
    Standard Supporter
    Irvin and Hampton both apparently played on a special teams play against Utah. Is Irvin"s RS officially burned or did the OP have the wrong numbers on him?
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Irvin and Hampton both apparently played on a special teams play against Utah. Is Irvin"s RS officially burned or did the OP have the wrong numbers on him?

That just means Irvin and Hampton can’t play in the Rose Bowl without burning eligibility.

Gordon did not play against Utah (I think), which means he’s still got one game left to play.
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2018

Gordon, Irvin, and Hampton all played last night on ST. Tafisi did not play. All 4 of those Freshmen had played in 3 games before last night.

So going into the Rose Bowl we will have 4 players to make a decision on. Hunter Bryant, Hampton, Irvin, and Gordon. I do not trust the coaches at all to burn all 3 of the Freshmen's redshirts for 4-5 plays in ST.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,922
    Standard Supporter

Gordon, Irvin, and Hampton all played last night on ST. Tafisi did not play. All 4 of those Freshmen had played in 3 games before last night.

So going into the Rose Bowl we will have 4 players to make a decision on. Hunter Bryant, Hampton, Irvin, and Gordon. I do not trust the coaches at all to burn all 3 of the Freshmen's redshirts for 4-5 plays in ST.
    Ok. That's what I thought but the original post in this thread made it sound like this would have been Irvin's 5th game
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Did Byron Murphy play against utah? I was a little drunk and don’t remember.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2018
    Others have already said it but Dennis said it first, and he is right. Of course you play Black Beast in both the money games. Of course you play him in the Apple Cup. No question. The fuck up isn't those games, it's taking a dozen snaps in a blowout against the worst team in the Pac-12 that shows the roster management skill of a gerbil. Maybe the coaches didn't think we were going to the CCG? If that is the case, fuck them anyway.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    This may be a retarded take, and if it is, well fuck off I’ve been day drinking Angel’s Envy Old Fashioned all morning in celebration of my Rose Bowel Dwags.

I’m torn on Hampton, Gordon, and Irvin burning their redshirts to play against our? Big Ten foe.

Obviously, my gut instinct is dear God don’t let them play so we can have an extra year.

But then my drunk brain says to myself, self, those fuckers are Murphy/Rapp/Bryant talent level. It remains to be seen, but if they play to the level we? expect them to, they go pro early.

Even that isn’t enough to make me want them to play.

But if you tell me, that them playing 4 or 5 times on kick coverage means that walk ons aren’t blow their lanes and allowing huge returns..... and that those 3 give our? Dwags a chance at a Rose Bowel victory.....

I may be willing to make that deal with the devil.

Either way, I’m gonna make myself another drink. Pac-12 champs fuckers.
  • Options
    Maybe Pete should red-shirt the Best talent, knowing we’re gonna get boat raced anyway.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

This may be a retarded take, and if it is, well fuck off I’ve been day drinking Angel’s Envy Old Fashioned all morning in celebration of my Rose Bowel Dwags.

I’m torn on Hampton, Gordon, and Irvin burning their redshirts to play against our? Big Ten foe.

Obviously, my gut instinct is dear God don’t let them play so we can have an extra year.

But then my drunk brain says to myself, self, those fuckers are Murphy/Rapp/Bryant talent level. It remains to be seen, but if they play to the level we? expect them to, they go pro early.

Even that isn’t enough to make me want them to play.

But if you tell me, that them playing 4 or 5 times on kick coverage means that walk ons aren’t blow their lanes and allowing huge returns..... and that those 3 give our? Dwags a chance at a Rose Bowel victory.....

I may be willing to make that deal with the devil.

Either way, I’m gonna make myself another drink. Pac-12 champs fuckers.

Odds are very likely all 3 won’t leave early. Three underclassmen leaving early from the same secondary has to be insanely rare, even for the Bama’s of the world.

Seems like we could have split playing them between these last two games, but what do I know.