Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some interesting redshirt decisions upcoming

Comments

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Hunter Bryant playing against Oregon State was a huge mistake. Given the situation now, you have to play him in the Pac-12 championship game and the bowl game. The coaches already blew it.

Hey Claws 797...hit the gate with 329
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

http://sportsourceanalytics.com/playerparticipation/redshirteligibility.php?calculate=true&team=Washington&formSubmitted=true

I’m not quite sure how accurate this is, but if it is true, then the following things stick out with two games left to play:
    - First, the obvious we all know with Hunter Bryant playing in three games so far
    - However, Julius Irvin has now apparently played in four games, and Dom Hampton and Kyler Gordon have played in three as well

Let’s put aside for the moment my disgust for try-hard Max Richmond special teams appearances (on the road, in the snow) while keeping Spiker/Bynum/Osborne et.al. on the shelf - we already know Peterman is ready to burn a year of Bryant’s eligibility in pursuit of the shitty Rose Bowl, but do we? think Peterman is going to burn all these freshman DBs scholarships for that pursuit as well?

No Freshmen have played in 4 games yet. Irvin, Gordon, Hampton, and Tafisi have played in 3. They are the only Freshmen we have to worry about at this point.

That tracker is not completely accurate.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

http://sportsourceanalytics.com/playerparticipation/redshirteligibility.php?calculate=true&team=Washington&formSubmitted=true

I’m not quite sure how accurate this is, but if it is true, then the following things stick out with two games left to play:
    - First, the obvious we all know with Hunter Bryant playing in three games so far
    - However, Julius Irvin has now apparently played in four games, and Dom Hampton and Kyler Gordon have played in three as well

Let’s put aside for the moment my disgust for try-hard Max Richmond special teams appearances (on the road, in the snow) while keeping Spiker/Bynum/Osborne et.al. on the shelf - we already know Peterman is ready to burn a year of Bryant’s eligibility in pursuit of the shitty Rose Bowl, but do we? think Peterman is going to burn all these freshman DBs scholarships for that pursuit as well?

Any goof, with 329 posts, who calls the rose bowl "shitty' is most likely born after 1999, likely watches husky games from his nerdy dorm (the cool Greek kids are at the game) and lives for soccer. No husky fan would utter those words. Hit the gate Doubledeuch...
    My first Pumpy rant, including predictions about me as bad as his college football picks! I’m all growns up! Thanks buddy! (winky face)
    DD...lurk around, practice in front of the mirror, then come at pup...the winky eye is from the cumshot
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Who is to say the 10 snaps against Oregon State didn't directly give Hunter/coaches the confidence to have him in a position to make the back to back game changing plays in the Apple Cup?

I get on the surface it's easy to say we didn't need him vs Beav, but there is more at play here than DDY hyperbole.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Who is to say the 10 snaps against Oregon State didn't directly give Hunter/coaches the confidence to have him in a position to make the back to back game changing plays in the Apple Cup?

I get on the surface it's easy to say we didn't need him vs Beav, but there is more at play here than DDY hyperbole.

And he's going to either go pro as a jr or sr. Who cares if he's a RS soph or RS jr when he goes. Isnt it just semantics at that point doublej 380? You get it now? Bryant wont be here as a RS sr anyway u ignorant fuck. Julius Irvin? He'll go as a true jr or sr too. Good players dont stay for RS SR year anymore. It's not the 70's, 80's anymore. Get it now you young cunts that are new to the game, HH?
  • Options
    DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 598
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

No Freshmen have played in 4 games yet. Irvin, Gordon, Hampton, and Tafisi have played in 3. They are the only Freshmen we have to worry about at this point.

That’s good to know - but even at 3 games my questions remain - do we play them two more and burn the redshirt, and how did we come to the decision to play them in three games by this point in the season where we have to make this choice?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited November 2018
    If they have NFL potential never redshirt because they aren't staying 5 years
    Or they will always suck and it doesn't matter.

Or running backs. Never eedshirt if they are good.

Not that it matters anymore
    The new rule is legit.

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

That’s good to know - but even at 3 games my questions remain - do we play them two more and burn the redshirt, and how did we come to the decision to play them in three games by this point in the season where we have to make this choice?
    Technically we didn't know we were going to have 2 more games until last week. My guess is those 4 will sit this week and then play in the bowl game.
  • Options

Earth to DoubleJ...What Part of RS's dont matter arent you getting? For the trenches yes it still does (there, u learned 2 things today). But we're obviously not talking about that are we?
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Technically we didn't know we were going to have 2 more games until last week. My guess is those 4 will sit this week and then play in the bowl game.
    They'll probably play one or two of the DBs on special teams then play the one(s) who didn't play during the bowl game.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Official DPOY. Are you really that stupid and insincere? Suppose Bryant is sitting in your scenario too?
  • Options
    edited November 2018

The new rule is legit.

Yes it is legit pitch. It's why Pete played guys late . Stupid to play frosh early. Every school but Pete's did. One of many reasons Petersen is the best coach in the cuntry, that doesnt have the luxury of 12 '5-stars' a year, a cake-walk schedule and the Citidel in week 11
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

Hunter Bryant playing against Oregon State was a huge mistake. Given the situation now, you have to play him in the Pac-12 championship game and the bowl game. The coaches already blew it.

Bryant isn't a 5th year senior type of talent.

He has early entry NFL talent. His development to date makes him one of the top talents in college football at this moment.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606

The new rule is legit.

Yes it is legit pitch. It's why Pete played guys late . Stupid to play frosh early. Every school but Pete's did. One of many reasons Petersen is the best coach in the cuntry, that doesnt have the luxury of 12 '5-stars' a year, a cake-walk schedule and the Citidel in week 11
    I'm not agreeing with you. You are a fool.
  • Options
    GOATGOAT Member Posts: 177
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    They only update weights like twice per year and the last time they did was after Hunter had surgery. He weighed 240 last year and probably weighs about 240 now. It doesn't matter that Hunter is a tweener, he's a matchup nightmare and nobody's drafting him to be a mauler as a run blocking TE anyway. The NFL comparison for him is Shannon Sharpe who was 6'2 and a rocked up 230.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Any goof, with 329 posts, who calls the rose bowl "shitty' is most likely born after 1999, likely watches husky games from his nerdy dorm (the cool Greek kids are at the game) and lives for soccer. No husky fan would utter those words. Hit the gate Doubledeuche...

DJ burned Reser's RS in the rose bowl...why? To try and win the rose bowl. It matters you fuctarded millennial . Bryant's RS doesnt matter. Cant u see that? ( Rhetorical) RS's dont matter anymore dipshit!!
    Pump gets it.
  • Options

Baseman said:

If we need to burn redshirts to get to a Rose Bowl so be it.... this is what we play for

Hunter Bryant is likely gone after next season so that discussion is pointless... he isn't staying for five years.

We have to play Hunter, but playing him against Cal and OSU was FUCKING RETARDED.
    Play to win—now.

Stack talent. the best players play and then it’s next man up.

The goal is to win. Hunter Bryant is a difference maker. Players don’t come back after a several month layoff and play at 100%. Playing Bryant against OSU, getting him game reps was the right move. The OSU tune up paid off. He was the leading receiver in the Apple Cup

Redshirt lineman, both sides of the ball. They aren’t ready to play year 1. Ideally they rotate in as RS-SO. If Tuitele or Bandes are the best players we have next year, play them

We redshirted Byron Murphy and he’s leaving. If the team needs Irvin or Gordon to win, play them. If they’re good enough and lose their redshirts, they’ll play three years, and leave as juniors. Murphy will only play two. It’s a great problem to have.

Next man up. Recruit at a high level, reload. Lather, rinse, repeat.
    God you are fucking retarded.
    You ignorant fuck. Stick to recruiting and let the rest of us manage the roster.

Hunter Bryant will LEAVE when he’s ready to LEAVE. Getting cute and thinking redshirting him will buy an extra year is ignorant and fucktarded. If he’s that good, he’s gone after next year anyway, redshirt or not.

Winning games means more than a redshirt.

• Options

Doogles said:

And he's going to either go pro as a jr or sr. Who cares if he's a RS soph or RS jr when he goes. Isnt it just semantics at that point doublej 380? You get it now? Bryant wont be here as a RS sr anyway u ignorant fuck. Julius Irvin? He'll go as a true jr or sr too. Good players dont stay for RS SR year anymore. It's not the 70's, 80's anymore. Get it now you young cunts that are new to the game, HH?
    Pumpy good at this redshirt thing