Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some interesting redshirt decisions upcoming

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,422
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited November 2018
    Let's stop comparing Hunter Bryant to NFL TEs. Bryant plays his own TE/Fullback/WR/Rover/Brooder/Wicketman/Quarter-Frummert/Overblat/Fink hybrid position. He's a dynamic playmaker at this level and will be at the next, especially with the offensive innovation the NFL is experiencing. He is not a 5th year Senior. Thank fuck Pete is coaching this team and not some of you mouth-breathers. The correct decision was made. You really think Hunter is going to be here 3 more seasons? Shut the front door.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Puppy bad at everything
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
  • Options
    ThoroughDawgThoroughDawg Member Posts: 186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Regardless of if he goes pro or not you burned the option of him playing for another year for meaningless snaps during a gimme game. DDY is right that a lot of things can happen. Trey Adams is supposed to be starting as a pro right now. Hopefully we shred the yoots early and they end up not even playing a bunch of these guys in the ccg. I hope that peterman and company decided that it was better to get a given game experience than count on a ccg appearance and risk only giving them 3 games with reps.

This first sentence is what some people are not understanding. Thank you.
    Thank you Coker. The fact that people can’t grasp that concept astounds me.

It is possible to both think that Bryant will be an early entry to the Draft and recognize the redshirt option should have been preserved ANNNNND that a Rose Bowl team shouldn’t need 10 snaps from him against the fucking BEAVs to win the damn game.
  • Options
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,422
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited November 2018

Let's stop comparing Hunter Bryant to NFL TEs. Bryant plays his own TE/Fullback/WR/Rover/Brooder/Wicketman/Quarter-Frummert/Overblat/Fink hybrid position. He's a dynamic playmaker at this level and will be at the next, especially with the offensive innovation the NFL is experiencing. He is not a 5th year Senior. Thank fuck Pete is coaching this team and not some of you mouth-breathers. The correct decision was made. You really think Hunter is going to be here 3 more seasons? Shut the front door.

It is not about him being here for 3 more years. I don’t think he will be and I hope he is not! I don’t think anyone here thinks he will be here 3 more years either.

It is about protecting him from any possible weirdness that could happen. We had a great opportunity to preserve a year for him just in case he gets hurt or some shit. And we burned that for like 6 snaps against Stanford and 10 against OSU.
    He could use a medical redshirt still if some fluky injury shit happens. You generally get a medical for playing less than 4 games anyway, just like the new redshirt. It's like you get TWO of those now. We just burned one of them. If he has two season destroying injuries at this point, he's cursed and fucked anyway.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

It is not about him being here for 3 more years. I don’t think he will be and I hope he is not! I don’t think anyone here thinks he will be here 3 more years either.

It is about protecting him from any possible weirdness that could happen. We had a great opportunity to preserve a year for him just in case he gets hurt or some shit. And we burned that for like 6 snaps against Stanford and 10 against OSU.
    He could use a medical redshirt still if some fluky injury shit happens. You generally get a medical for playing less than 4 games anyway, just like the new redshirt. It's like you get TWO of those now. We just burned one of them. If he has two season destroying injuries at this point, he's cursed and fucked anyway.
    So you agree we burned an option? Thanks, that is all people are saying!
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    At this point, don’t let a bad process (playing him against Stanford and Oregon State) also turn into a bad result (not playing at max strength in championship and bowl games).
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Houhusky said:

If we need to burn redshirts to get to a Rose Bowl so be it.... this is what we play for

Hunter Bryant is likely gone after next season so that discussion is pointless... he isn't staying for five years.

We have to play Hunter, but playing him against Cal and OSU was FUCKING RETARDED.
    If you cant see that a TE that is a lock to be gone after next year as a true junior needed TWO games to "knock off the rust" against both FURD and OSU then I cant help you.

Hunter is great, I get it, everyone wants to suck him off because the cool fags on here talk about doing it all the time...

don't burn resources that don't need to be burned because you think that a guy might leave after next year as a true junior with less games played than any TE drafted in the first 4 rounds, as the shortest, and lightest TE drafted in the past 5+ years.
    This is a good point. I still think he’s a versatile playmaker and that’s where the NFL is headed.

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

If we need to burn redshirts to get to a Rose Bowl so be it.... this is what we play for

Hunter Bryant is likely gone after next season so that discussion is pointless... he isn't staying for five years.

We have to play Hunter, but playing him against Cal and OSU was FUCKING RETARDED.
    If you cant see that a TE that is a lock to be gone after next year as a true junior needed TWO games to "knock off the rust" against both FURD and OSU then I cant help you.

Hunter is great, I get it, everyone wants to suck him off because the cool fags on here talk about doing it all the time...

don't burn resources that don't need to be burned because you think that a guy might leave after next year as a true junior with less games played than any TE drafted in the first 4 rounds, as the shortest, and lightest TE drafted in the past 5+ years.
    He's not a TE in the NFL...
    He is not getting drafted early as a WR

especially as a true Jr WR with ~25 games played and <75 catches

Who is the smallest "TE" in the NFL, Niles Paul at 6'1" 245lbs or something? Is that the best comparison? A guy who was returning punts and kickoffs for touchdowns and playing WR at nebraska drafted in the 5th round? What high level pick WR do you want to compare him to?

people are full fucktard dooging thinking Hunter is going to be like 6'6" 250lb OJ Howard blocking like a pro and running a 4.5 40 or 6'3" 236lb Evan Engram catching 60+ passes in a season and running one of the fastest 40 times for a TE ever (both seniors btw) and then leaving as a high draft pick as a junior. Next people are going to start comparing UW recruits still in high school to barry sanders or something... </p>
    The fact that we have this on the same bored with the monkey shit that is 'Hunter will not be here in 2021 derp derp' is really forwarding my belief that humans are actually 2 different species: one capable of intelligent simulation and abstract reasoning like this wondrous @Houhusky post - and one that has monkey shit for brains and just repeat everything they have heard in slightly different forms.
    I think he will be gone by 2021. Aaron Hernandez is the best player comparison I can think of. He’s a versatile playmaker.

At this point, you play him to win the Rose Bowl. He should have never seen the field until Oregon State though.
    Would not shock me if he killed some ppl too like Hernandez
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Houhusky said:

This is a good point. I still think he’s a versatile playmaker and that’s where the NFL is headed.

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Who is the smallest "TE" in the NFL, Niles Paul at 6'1" 245lbs or something? Is that the best comparison? A guy who was returning punts and kickoffs for touchdowns and playing WR at nebraska drafted in the 5th round? What high level pick WR do you want to compare him to?

people are full fucktard dooging thinking Hunter is going to be like 6'6" 250lb OJ Howard blocking like a pro and running a 4.5 40 or 6'3" 236lb Evan Engram catching 60+ passes in a season and running one of the fastest 40 times for a TE ever (both seniors btw) and then leaving as a high draft pick as a junior. Next people are going to start comparing UW recruits still in high school to barry sanders or something... </p>
    The fact that we have this on the same bored with the monkey shit that is 'Hunter will not be here in 2021 derp derp' is really forwarding my belief that humans are actually 2 different species: one capable of intelligent simulation and abstract reasoning like this wondrous @Houhusky post - and one that has monkey shit for brains and just repeat everything they have heard in slightly different forms.
    I think he will be gone by 2021. Aaron Hernandez is the best player comparison I can think of. He’s a versatile playmaker.

At this point, you play him to win the Rose Bowl. He should have never seen the field until Oregon State though.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Borderline?
  • Options
    Houhusky said:

Regardless of if he goes pro or not you burned the option of him playing for another year for meaningless snaps during a gimme game. DDY is right that a lot of things can happen. Trey Adams is supposed to be starting as a pro right now. Hopefully we shred the yoots early and they end up not even playing a bunch of these guys in the ccg. I hope that peterman and company decided that it was better to get a given game experience than count on a ccg appearance and risk only giving them 3 games with reps.

This is what I don’t get is so hard for people to understand.

We literally have Trey Adams, 100% NFL OT lock as high draft pick coming back next year as a 5th year senior.

Can you imagine the shit people would be saying if we played Trey and had burned his redshirt elligiabilty against some shit teams and this was his last year... this was it... because we played him against fucking Oregon state or something?

There is literally an example of a all pro super star future first high pick 100% leaving early player making use of a valuable redshirt on the fucking roster... right now...

Don’t burn resources you don’t need to... future high pick NFL TEs don’t need 6 snaps against Stanford and 3 catches against Oregon state community college to “knock the rust off” or whatever retarded parrot speak the faggots are saying and the team didn’t need him to beat either.
    Fun fact. He's leaving for the nfl
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,000

Houhusky said:

This is what I don’t get is so hard for people to understand.

We literally have Trey Adams, 100% NFL OT lock as high draft pick coming back next year as a 5th year senior.

Can you imagine the shit people would be saying if we played Trey and had burned his redshirt elligiabilty against some shit teams and this was his last year... this was it... because we played him against fucking Oregon state or something?

There is literally an example of a all pro super star future first high pick 100% leaving early player making use of a valuable redshirt on the fucking roster... right now...

Don’t burn resources you don’t need to... future high pick NFL TEs don’t need 6 snaps against Stanford and 3 catches against Oregon state community college to “knock the rust off” or whatever retarded parrot speak the faggots are saying and the team didn’t need him to beat either.
    Fun fact. He's leaving for the nfl
    Great. Now if we could only figure out which year?

For the fucking life of me I can't figure out why Bitchfork spends so much time here while adding NOTHING of value.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,732
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People understood 4 pages ago

Hope this helps