Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    And it should go to them. The top 1% pay 40% of the country’s taxes. While the bottom 90% pay only 29%. But yeah, let’s give the bottom 90% more breaks. Dumbfuck Hondo at it again.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

And it should go to them. The top 1% pay 40% of the country’s taxes. While the bottom 90% pay only 29%. But yeah, let’s give the bottom 90% more breaks. Dumbfuck Hondo at it again.

Did you read the article?

Not to mention your view of macroeconomics is fucked. So I'll break it down for you. If you want to cut taxes cause the government has too much money, then you cut from the wealthy. If you want to cut taxes to spur economic growth and create jobs, you give the tax cuts to the middle class. Where they will take the tax cuts and spend every penny. Spending creates growth.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    Why do you feel entitled to the labor of others Hondo?
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,913
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Hendo thinks that importing millions of poor and poorly educated immigrants and putting them on welfare is economic genius stuff. Just ask Pelosi. Like Hondo cares about the private business sector.
  • Options
    Lots of projecting in here.

BTW....I was calling the Democrat a liar in case you can't read.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Lots of projecting in here.

BTW....I was calling the Democrat a liar in case you can't read.

Lots of dodging going on here. Why do you feel you have the right to use the government as your muscle in order to extract the wealth earned by others? Why is it since the country's founding have Rats felt that they have an entitlement to the labor of others?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,252
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Not to mention your view of macroeconomics is fucked. So I'll break it down for you. If you want to cut taxes cause the government has too much money, then you cut from the wealthy. If you want to cut taxes to spur economic growth and create jobs, you give the tax cuts to the middle class. Where they will take the tax cuts and spend every penny. Spending creates growth.
    I love that you invoke macroeconomics. Tell me, do you think that investment is an unimportant factor of GDP? Or maybe you feel the multiplier is larger on consumption? I'd love to here your macroeconomic reasoning.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

I love that you invoke macroeconomics. Tell me, do you think that investment is an unimportant factor of GDP? Or maybe you feel the multiplier is larger on consumption? I'd love to here your macroeconomic reasoning.
    For investment, it depends on what you are considering investment. And yes, a lot higher percentage of the tax cuts given to the middle class goes back into the economy. Whereas, in an economy the way it's situated now, the majority of tax cuts given to the wealthy are not put back into the economy.

Same with corporations. If our economy was shitty, the corporate tax cuts would go into more investment which would stimulate growth. But where we are at in the economic cycle, corporations are already flush with cash so their best use to create shareholder value was to buy back stock. Rather than invest in new businesses.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Really? So they put their money into a mattress or do they bury it out in the backyard in mason jars? Watch, this is going to be another Hondo how dare you rely on what I actually said, you're supposed to rely on what I meant to say.

So tell us Hondo what do the wealthy do with the money they get back from tax cuts that keeps it out of the economy?

Cue the Kunt act.
  • Options
    It's clear you've never had money or known anyone with money.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Supply-side economics will definitely work this time!
  • Options

They don't call it trickle down piss on economics for no reason.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

It's clear you were talking out your ass and now can't back up your mouth. What do the rich do with their money that keeps it out of the economy Hondo?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

For investment, it depends on what you are considering investment. And yes, a lot higher percentage of the tax cuts given to the middle class goes back into the economy. Whereas, in an economy the way it's situated now, the majority of tax cuts given to the wealthy are not put back into the economy.

Same with corporations. If our economy was shitty, the corporate tax cuts would go into more investment which would stimulate growth. But where we are at in the economic cycle, corporations are already flush with cash so their best use to create shareholder value was to buy back stock. Rather than invest in new businesses.
    I'm using the MACROECONOMIC definition of investment. You know, since you invoked it in the first place.

What is an 'Investment'
    An investment is an asset or item acquired with the goal of generating income or appreciation. In an economic sense, an investment is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth. In finance, an investment is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

Read more: Investment https://investopedia.com/terms/i/investment.asp#ixzz5Wr223MUF

So in the MACROECONOMIC model even stockholder buybacks would contribute to measured economic growth. You should know this with your familiarity with MACROECONOMICS after all.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Oh you meant "investment" investment. Hondo has his own person definition of what constitutes an investment, and it's clear that you have never had money or know anyone with money.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

It's clear you were talking out your ass and now can't back up your mouth. What do the rich do with their money that keeps it out of the economy Hondo?
    They save it. Poor spend it. Pretty fucking simple actually.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Well if you are still holding onto Keynesian economics then you've been pretty fucking asleep for the last ten years...or last 100 for that matter. I love that you two are making fun of people for being economically illiterate while showing off your ignorance of the subject.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2018

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

How do they save it? Bury it in their backyards?
  • Options

Well if you are still holding onto Keynesian economics then you've been pretty fucking asleep for the last ten years...or last 100 for that matter. I love that you two are making fun of people for being economically illiterate while showing off your ignorance of the subject.
    Which theory do you subscribe to?
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

How do they save it? Bury it in their backyards?
    Can you have a discussion without feigning ignorance?