Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

83% of tax cuts to top 1%

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    SFGbob said:

I'm enjoying you "educating" me on how Reagan's economy was really shitty Hondo. No one will ever touch the economic powerhouse created by your boyfriend Hondo.

You mean Bush?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,709
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Yeah supply side was shit.

Here's the problem with using GDP. One, you don't include Clinton and I was specifically referring to Clinton. Two, the top rate was raised to 90% under Eisenhower. And was there with Kennedy. And dropped to 70% until early in Reagan's term. By you using GDP in relation to supply side economics talk, you are saying you think the top rate should be raised over 70% again. I know this will fly over your head, I'll await you fucktarded response.

photo 15A766B1-A5AD-4609-A0E8-CBFC9E3B0497_zpstm2c1etm.jpg
    You forget NO ONE paid those rates. Far more loopholes then than now.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

And it should go to them. The top 1% pay 40% of the country’s taxes. While the bottom 90% pay only 29%. But yeah, let’s give the bottom 90% more breaks. Dumbfuck Hondo at it again.

Did you read the article?

Not to mention your view of macroeconomics is fucked. So I'll break it down for you. If you want to cut taxes cause the government has too much money, then you cut from the wealthy. If you want to cut taxes to spur economic growth and create jobs, you give the tax cuts to the middle class. Where they will take the tax cuts and spend every penny. Spending creates growth.
    No, productivity creates growth/wealth.
    No. It doesn't. You can build a bunch of shit. But if no one buys it. What happened in the economy? That's where supply side economics fails. Without demand and consumption, there is no economy.
    Hey dumb fuck, you can’t buy anything without someone first being productive. You can’t spend a dollar without first being productive enough to generate a dollar. You can’t eat out of your garden without first producing the food. “Spending” doesn’t create growth. Unless you susbscribe to Krugman broken window theory nonsense that a good hurricane is good for the economy.

Consumption and spending always follow production and wealth creation.
    If you grow something no one wants, you get nothing for it. Demand drives the economy. That's why supply side economics was shit in the 80s/early 90s and we took off in the late 90s when that shit was gone.
    Jesus Christ. You’re an ignorant dumbshit.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

And it should go to them. The top 1% pay 40% of the country’s taxes. While the bottom 90% pay only 29%. But yeah, let’s give the bottom 90% more breaks. Dumbfuck Hondo at it again.

Not to mention your view of macroeconomics is fucked. So I'll break it down for you. If you want to cut taxes cause the government has too much money, then you cut from the wealthy. If you want to cut taxes to spur economic growth and create jobs, you give the tax cuts to the middle class. Where they will take the tax cuts and spend every penny. Spending creates growth.
    No. It doesn't. You can build a bunch of shit. But if no one buys it. What happened in the economy? That's where supply side economics fails. Without demand and consumption, there is no economy.
    Hey dumb fuck, you can’t buy anything without someone first being productive. You can’t spend a dollar without first being productive enough to generate a dollar. You can’t eat out of your garden without first producing the food. “Spending” doesn’t create growth. Unless you susbscribe to Krugman broken window theory nonsense that a good hurricane is good for the economy.

If you grow something no one wants, you get nothing for it. Demand drives the economy. That's why supply side economics was shit in the 80s/early 90s and we took off in the late 90s when that shit was gone.
    Care to make an argument with facts or information? Or just flail around looking dumb saying shit like "grow it and they will buy it".
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2018
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Care to make an argument with facts or information? Or just flail around looking dumb saying shit like "grow it and they will buy it".
    You’ve provided no facts or information. Just showed your ignorance. No matter what I say you will never concede my position is correct. Do your own fucking research. Start with reading the Wealth of Nations. Then read Hazlitt’s Economics in One Lesson. Then FA Hayeks The Road to Serfdom. I usually ask those who are ignorant to start there, then we can debate those points on there merit. Idiots who start with “Tickle down” and bullshit that only exists as political terms aren’t worth the time. The starting position of their knowledge is too low to have any dialogue.

I didnt say “grow it and they will buy it”. I said ther person doing the buying has to first have something buy it with. I.e. they needs to br productive first. The person growing has to be productive and invest before there can be anything to selll. Productivity creates wealth. It always has and always will.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

You’ve provided no facts or information. Just showed your ignorance. No matter what I say you will never concede my position is correct. Do your own fucking research. Start with reading the Wealth of Nations. Then read Hazlitt’s Economics in One Lesson. Then FA Hayeks The Road to Serfdom. I usually ask those who are ignorant to start there, then we can debate those points on there merit. Idiots who start with “Tickle down” and bullshit that only exists as political terms aren’t worth the time. The starting position of their knowledge is too low to have any dialogue.

I didnt say “grow it and they will buy it”. I said ther person doing the buying has to first have something buy it with. I.e. they needs to br productive first. The person growing has to be productive and invest before there can be anything to selll. Productivity creates wealth. It always has and always will.
    Ok now we are getting somewhere. While trickle down is a political term. It's used by politicians to sell people on tax cuts for the wealthy. When politicians have limited means to move the economy. They use taxes and the fed uses interest rates. When reality is, consumer spending, which is about 70% of the economy, drives the economy. The best thing politicians can do for the economy is drive consumer confidence, not manipulate taxes. That's one point in posting the GDP chart, tax rates and taxes as a percent of GDP don't dictate growth.

So it comes down to consumer demand. Consumer demand went through the toilet in 07 so businesses didn't have the demand so they laid people off. Which further reduced demand. (Not to mention all the foreclosures and shit). Now the run up to the recession.... Years from about 02 to 07, access to money was easy. There was no wealth, just fake increases in home prices. But because people could use their homes as ATM machines, they had money to spend, which drove the economy up. Just another example where your "productively creates wealth" comment is wrong. There was no productively driving they growth, just consumer spending.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Ok now we are getting somewhere. While trickle down is a political term. It's used by politicians to sell people on tax cuts for the wealthy. When politicians have limited means to move the economy. They use taxes and the fed uses interest rates. When reality is, consumer spending, which is about 70% of the economy, drives the economy. The best thing politicians can do for the economy is drive consumer confidence, not manipulate taxes. That's one point in posting the GDP chart, tax rates and taxes as a percent of GDP don't dictate growth.

So it comes down to consumer demand. Consumer demand went through the toilet in 07 so businesses didn't have the demand so they laid people off. Which further reduced demand. (Not to mention all the foreclosures and shit). Now the run up to the recession.... Years from about 02 to 07, access to money was easy. There was no wealth, just fake increases in home prices. But because people could use their homes as ATM machines, they had money to spend, which drove the economy up. Just another example where your "productively creates wealth" comment is wrong. There was no productively driving they growth, just consumer spending.
    So you’re not going to read the books?

“It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.’ But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.”

Murray N. Rothbard
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

So you’re not going to read the books?

“It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.’ But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.”

Murray N. Rothbard
    No, I don't have time to read the books right now. Care to further the discussion?
  • Options
    @MikeDamone care to continue the discussion? I looked up the books. They look interesting.

You have stated many times that the corporate tax rate should be zero. Care to discuss that and the reasons for it? And the effect you expect to have in the economy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2018
    2001400ex said:

@MikeDamone care to continue the discussion? I looked up the books. They look interesting.

You have stated many times that the corporate tax rate should be zero. Care to discuss that and the reasons for it? And the effect you expect to have in the economy.

Read the books. Same as IRL. When talking to someone who is clearly an encomic illiterate I ask them to get some base knowledge and read at least one of those three books. Rarely does anyone do that. It’s hard.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

2001400ex said:

Read the books.
    So you can't articulate late 1700 views on the economy. Got it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2018
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Read the books.
    I can, but why would I with someone as stupid as you on a college football board who clearly isn’t looking for knowledge, but to run around looking like a baboons ass.

You’re a dumb fuck. Got it.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Read the books.
    Then present your argument. Type it out.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Read the books.
    Oh fuck off, Jesus Christ. You’re such a fucking dip shit. At least read Hazlitt and tell me why it’s wrong. Oh you won’t, because it requires effort and not just reading memes on facebook and screaming about trickle down.

Fuck, start with Thomas Sowell if that’s easier.

You’re a retard. And that’s an insult to retards.
    I don't have time to sit and read a 1,000 page book at the moment. Give me your Cliff notes. I'm not being a dick. I'm genuine curious your position and thought process.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Read the books.
    Oh fuck off, Jesus Christ. You’re such a fucking dip shit. At least read Hazlitt and tell me why it’s wrong. Oh you won’t, because it requires effort and not just reading memes on facebook and screaming about trickle down.

I don't have time to sit and read a 1,000 page book at the moment. Give me your Cliff notes. I'm not being a dick. I'm genuine curious your position and thought process.
    But you do have time to hang out here all day, everyday.

I’d have as much inclination to go to the zoo and discuss it with chimps. It will be time consuming, they won’t get it, and will just start screaming and flinging shit. Waste of time. You’re not genuinely curious about anything. Tha Hazlitt book is 230 pages and free online.

Once again, fuck off.
    So you are a pussy and can't articulate an economic point in your own. Got it.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Read the books.

But you do have time to hang out here all day, everyday.

I’d have as much inclination to go to the zoo and discuss it with chimps. It will be time consuming, they won’t get it, and will just start screaming and flinging shit. Waste of time. You’re not genuinely curious about anything. Tha Hazlitt book is 230 pages and free online.

Once again, fuck off.
    You asked for that one Hondo.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

I read Hazlitt's Lesson. It was only 5 pages or so. I stopped at Part 2, the broken window. It's hard.