Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Because they care

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Standard Supporter

This last election featured dem politicians arguing how we needed more money for education and it was all about the children. Of course, they could care less about the children but they care deeply about the power and the money of the teacher’s unions. Of course, we have spent hundreds of billions in additional “education” dollars and the result is no improvement in actual education, if not a deterioration in educational prowess.

So, the Portland Public school district has general fund revenue of $706 million. It has 49,000 students. It spends $14,400 per student on education. Jesuit High School is the leading Catholic high school in the Portland area. It spends $17,750 to educate each student. The Lady of the Lake Catholic school in Lake Oswego (Portland’s wealthiest suburb) spends 10,000 to educate each of its grades 1-8 students. Obviously, it takes more money to educate a high schooler than a first grader. So, call per student spending even.

Catholic school teachers generally make less than public school teachers, especially when benefits are added – PERS and near 100% medical coverage.

Leftards would poke their eyes out with a spoon before they would consider a voucher program that lets an inner city Portland school kid attend Jesuit. Because they care. So much.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pipe bombs man. Pipe bombs
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    Does Jesuit or any other private school have a requirement by Federal law to accommodate every student regardless of ability or desire? Do you realize how much more it costs to educate a child with Downs, Autism or any other mental or physical disability? I don't have hard figures but it's is exponentially more expensive. Many kids are getting one on one instruction.

Do you have any proof that Jesuit's education is superior to Lincoln, Grant, Wilson or any other Portland public high school? I'm not talking about overall college acceptance rates or biased test scores. I'm asking about an unbiased educational measurement. For example, do you have a data that corrects for household income, family structure and other very highly correlated indicators?

Why would anyone want their child indoctrinated into the patriarchal, misogynistic, rape-culture cult of the Catholic Church?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Best part is I got both Bob and sledog to defend the pipe bomb dude today.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Bombs, not moms.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,832
    2001400ex said:

He was probably working for your boss.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

No you didn't

Look up one post. At least he owns it. Unlike you.
  • Options
    UWerentThereManUWerentThereMan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,475
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

No you didn't

I was writing a song lyric you cunt. Thought you knew better.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

No you didn't

That's 2 posts silly. I was referring to sledogs post.
  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Same guy that the 2 Vegas shooters were working for?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

No you didn't

He's fucking stupid
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

No you didn't

When are you going to own being a Jew hater?
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    Standard Supporter
    How much does it cost to educate a Down's Syndrome kid? I know advanced physics and math do cost more. You have to be a clueless moron or a liar to figure out the disparity in a quality private school education program from a public school system. Discipline requirements alone are worth it. Wonder why all the dems in Washington DC send their kids to private school? Because it is just the same? Why would a parent want to send their kid to a public school that can't discipline the kids. A dysfunctional class room is okay as long as they are indoctrinating the kids to vote dem?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

This last election featured dem politicians arguing how we needed more money for education and it was all about the children. Of course, they could care less about the children but they care deeply about the power and the money of the teacher’s unions. Of course, we have spent hundreds of billions in additional “education” dollars and the result is no improvement in actual education, if not a deterioration in educational prowess.

So, the Portland Public school district has general fund revenue of $706 million. It has 49,000 students. It spends $14,400 per student on education. Jesuit High School is the leading Catholic high school in the Portland area. It spends $17,750 to educate each student. The Lady of the Lake Catholic school in Lake Oswego (Portland’s wealthiest suburb) spends 10,000 to educate each of its grades 1-8 students. Obviously, it takes more money to educate a high schooler than a first grader. So, call per student spending even.

Catholic school teachers generally make less than public school teachers, especially when benefits are added – PERS and near 100% medical coverage.

Leftards would poke their eyes out with a spoon before they would consider a voucher program that lets an inner city Portland school kid attend Jesuit. Because they care. So much.

Yeah but they religious people are indoctrinating the kids with Jesus and stuff
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Funny story - I was talking to a public school teacher who was telling me the issues with the inner city schools. She has kids in private elementary school. I suggested vouchers were the answer so the inner city kids could attend the same schools as her kids. She came up with tons of reasons why it wouldn’t work. Transportation problems, too far from home, blah blah. I said, yeah, best to keep out the riff raff. She didn’t have much to say.. Cool story bro, but the truth is the people who care so much about the inner city kids, don’t want them within several miles of their kids.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2018

Does Jesuit or any other private school have a requirement by Federal law to accommodate every student regardless of ability or desire? Do you realize how much more it costs to educate a child with Downs, Autism or any other mental or physical disability? I don't have hard figures but it's is exponentially more expensive. Many kids are getting one on one instruction.

Do you have any proof that Jesuit's education is superior to Lincoln, Grant, Wilson or any other Portland public high school? I'm not talking about overall college acceptance rates or biased test scores. I'm asking about an unbiased educational measurement. For example, do you have a data that corrects for household income, family structure and other very highly correlated indicators?

Why would anyone want their child indoctrinated into the patriarchal, misogynistic, rape-culture cult of the Catholic Church?

Jesus Christ - “corrects for family structure”. I’ll remember to correct for family structure when I’m doing my next round of hiring. Fuck off.

Yes, we know, it’s still about families who stay together, work, value education and demand their kids are respectful and disciplined. So let’s correct for parents that don’t give a fuck? Sorry, those kids won’t do so well and no amount of money poured into schools will help. Because the school isn’t the fucking problem.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,832
    RedRocket said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

I've heard write a bit of full auto fire and done quite a bit myself. Two different cyclic rates means two guns to me. Prove me wrong.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    Sledog said:

RedRocket said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

I've heard write a bit of full auto fire and done quite a bit myself. Two different cyclic rates means two guns to me. Prove me wrong.
    You suck donkey dongs.

Prove me wrong.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

Sledog said:

RedRocket said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

You suck donkey dongs.

Prove me wrong.
    If we are bashing donkey dongs, i’m out. Or in.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,869

Funny story - I was talking to a public school teacher who was telling me the issues with the inner city schools. She has kids in private elementary school. I suggested vouchers were the answer so the inner city kids could attend the same schools as her kids. She came up with tons of reasons why it wouldn’t work. Transportation problems, too far from home, blah blah. I said, yeah, best to keep out the riff raff. She didn’t have much to say.. Cool story bro, but the truth is the people who care so much about the inner city kids, don’t want them within several miles of their kids.
    You hit on a MAJOR pet peeve of The Throbber.

I can't tell you how many principals and high-level administrators (all making $150K+cadillac bennies) who send their kids to private schools. Pisses me off to no end.

If you're a Ford dealer, you don't drive a fucking Chevy.

Same thing with the so-called "christians" who send their kids to private school for religious reasons. Jesus went to be with the sinners not the priests. Go forth and witness, motherfuckers. Hypocritical bastards - all of them.

The only ones who are honest are the parents who send their kids to private schools because of kick ass athletic programs and say that's the reason.