Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

She-Guevara racist white nationalist

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited September 2018

Of all the shit people can hang on Obama, in my view one of the most disingenuous is the racial division shit. What he did to fan the flames of racial tension in this country is to get elected in the first place. Country wasn't ready for a black guy in office unless he had walked, talked and danced like a hard-core right winger, and even then, it would have been a problem

Bull shit

How did the fuck do you think he got elected? 90% of 13% of the population? No

Fanning the flames is too strong - more like whining like a little bitch about a country that elected him twice

Completely disagree. Both against Romney and McCain, neither were exactly landslides. We're not talking Reagan / Mondale or Nixon/McGovern. Btw, you should tell us about the 26 percent Harding over Cox election since you were there.

Obama's election was close enough that there's a backstory to understand about voter turnout, etc. With the base that Trump has activated today, Obama would struggle mightily to get elected unless the left REALLY got out and voted. A lot of those people were not politically vested and didn't vote.

As far as the chosen one during his presidency, I can remember when the black community started complaining about him for forgetting them once in office ... that he wasn't doing enuff. He's black and there are still issues in the US that don't fall in favor of black people that are not entirely of that community's own doing. I know you know that. He had some obligation to speak to it, and some people didn't like it because we still have issues with race (not you) here. It's not what it was, but it's not great, particularly is some pockets of the country relative to others. To revise history and paint Obama in the image of a Farrakhan / Jackson - type carpetbagger image is inaccurate IMHO, which is what Sledog and others would have you believe. I think, too, that your 13% is wildly optimistic. You don't have to be the type of person who holds militant and radically racists views to be affected by it. Nobody in my circle fits that description, but none of want the girls in the family to "date a black guy". It's not a simple issue, though I forget by place as I type this.

Now I've got to get to work. I have to leave early for a seminar at "the U" on Racism in the Trump Era. Kane Hall. Meat me there?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Here's some food for thought for you at the big lecture

Barack Obama, who will be the nation’s first African-American president, won the largest share of white support of any Democrat in a two-man race since 1976 amid a backdrop of economic anxiety unseen in at least a quarter-century, according to exit polls by The Associated Press and the major television networks.

Obama became the first Democrat to also win a majority since Jimmy Carter with the near-unanimous backing of blacks and the overwhelming support of youth as well as significant inroads with white men and strong support among Hispanics and educated voters.

The Illinois senator won 43 percent of white voters, 4 percentage points below Carter’s performance in 1976 and equal to what Bill Clinton won in the three-man race of 1996. Republican John McCain won 55 percent of the white vote.

Fully 96 percent of black voters supported Obama and constituted 13 percent of the electorate, a 2-percentage-point rise in their national turnout. As in past years, black women turned out at a higher rate than black men.

A stunning 54 percent of young white voters supported Obama, compared with 44 percent who went for McCain, the senator from Arizona. In the past three decades, no Democratic presidential nominee has won more than 45 percent of young whites.

In the run-up to Tuesday's election, there was much talk that President Obama could be headed to a historically poor showing among white voters, a result that could jeopardize his ability to win the overall popular vote.

And, while Obama did lose white voters by 20 points to former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney (the widest losing margin for a Democratic presidential candidate since 1984) he still won a clear popular vote victory -- with a majority of his total vote nationwide coming from white voters.

Obama's 39 percent showing among white voters matched the percentage that Bill Clinton received in 1992 -- albeit it in a competitive three-way race -- and exceeded the percentage of the white vote earned by Walter Mondale in 1984, Jimmy Carter in 1980 and George McGovern in 1972.

And, Obama's showing among white voters mattered less than did Mondale's or Carter's because the white vote accounted for significantly less of the overall electorate in 2012 than it did in either 1984 or 1980. In fact, the white vote as a percentage of the overall electorate has declined in every election since 1992.

Damn racists cost McGovern the election
  • Options
    Race, totally unfair throwing all those facts and maff at me. You know I have limitations. I get it, whitey really voted for Hussein Obama. The only question is, which whitey?

The real surprise there was Florida, but not entirely. It's a weird place except for the Canes. I think the prospects of the first black prez really activated the left and people voted. Similarly, I think a lot of red whitey had been sitting on the sidelines, and the democrats helped activate them with Trump. People who, before, didn't feel vested in the political process suddenly became interested in politics. I think 8 years of Obama had a lot to do with that, and a lot of that was just being there saying anything about race (not you). In other words, my hypothesis, which is worth about as much as my membership dues to HCH, is that there was really nothing a liberal black guy in the white house could say or do or comment about race (not you) issues that would not have stirred the pot in some segments of our society, not all of which is the hillbilly souf. That said, I think we are all in agreement that the democrats' most fearsome enemy is themselves. They are the Jasson Guessers of American politics, constantly killing their own feet. And they're likely to do it again IMO.

• Options
    One other thing. It's too bad about Romney. I think he loses votes on the margin because there is still a % of whitey and blackie and brownie who mistrust his religious background. You know that I'm almost phobic of the crazy fundies, but I think Romney would be a great President.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,180
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Race, totally unfair throwing all those facts and maff at me. You know I have limitations. I get it, whitey really voted for Hussein Obama. The only question is, which whitey?

The real surprise there was Florida, but not entirely. It's a weird place except for the Canes. I think the prospects of the first black prez really activated the left and people voted. Similarly, I think a lot of red whitey had been sitting on the sidelines, and the democrats helped activate them with Trump. People who, before, didn't feel vested in the political process suddenly became interested in politics. I think 8 years of Obama had a lot to do with that, and a lot of that was just being there saying anything about race (not you). In other words, my hypothesis, which is worth about as much as my membership dues to HCH, is that there was really nothing a liberal black guy in the white house could say or do or comment about race (not you) issues that would not have stirred the pot in some segments of our society, not all of which is the hillbilly souf. That said, I think we are all in agreement that the democrats' most fearsome enemy is themselves. They are the Jasson Guessers of American politics, constantly killing their own feet. And they're likely to do it again IMO.

Trump activated a lot of the Tea party conservatives etc. People that felt betrayed by the Bush v2 big government Republicans. These are people that definitely were not inspired by McCain and/or Romney.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

Sledog said:

I’d recommend a “morning show” linked thread: Race &Friends.

Race, GayBob. WestLinn and HoustonHuskyFS can apologize for trump every morning!

Imagine the internet traffic. It would be like shooting white trash in a barrel. If only Roger Ailes were still alive. He’d have thought if it first.

No Sledog?

I'm out
    I don't apologize for Trump because his election is entirely the lefts fault. Their constant push toward communism, racial division and the destruction of America is what caused the phenomenon called Trump. You thought you could steal an election. Now you think you can pull off a coup. You commie shits did this to yourselves. Now it's time for you to reap what you have sewn!

FAYCS!

This is true, but the push toward communism and racial division is pure rhetoric. It's their fault because they propped up a shit for a candidate who cannot hide her disdain for ordinary people with ordinary intellects, and who got sucked in to the social issues side of her party's constituency. Her husband in his prime would have been very hard to beat following the Bush term, because he's actually a centrist and, on some issues, is downright conservative. Remember, for all of his education and polish, Bill is an Arkansas boy, born and raised in the souf.

Of all the shit people can hang on Obama, in my view one of the most disingenuous is the racial division shit. What he did to fan the flames of racial tension in this country is to get elected in the first place. Country wasn't ready for a black guy in office unless he had walked, talked and danced like a hard-core right winger, and even then, it would have been a problem. Kreist there were effigies of him being lynched all over social media during his term. His Princeton-educated wife couldn't do anything right in the eyes of many, and is compared negatively to a woman who doesn't speak and who used to pose for pictures with her clothes off. Family values right? I know we're all a little gun shy about the R word around here, but to deny that it was still a big problem here at the time of his election is fs. Sure people use and abuse it like few other things; but racism in American, or the worsening of it, is not Obama's fault. That is straight up fs and anybody who believes it is fs. I personally know a lot of people who have issues with black people, and I'm a fucking lawyer in Seattle.

More than any other prez in my lifetime (by a long shot), Obama has engendered among people I encounter (including a lot of family) a combination of (1) emotionally-driven hatred and (2) for reasons they can't really articulate, other than made-up or flatly wrong shit. Don't twist; I'm not a big Obama guy or defender. I hate tax and spend politicians, and he is one. But anyone who can't admit that his mere election and his name were enuff to re-open old wounds and bring to the surface old biases is just fs. I am related to people who manage to get up every day and be an adult who believe the most crazy shit about that guy, but never had much to say about the guy who got us into Iraq on shit information and really stirred up the bottom in the middle east .... smfh.

Trump was elected in large measure because he is the pure visual and substantive opposite of Obama and because the democrats now just fucking suck, particularly at elections. The one area where the dems are particularly vulnerable is the gay community, who they can't really ignore or betray (the numbers are too material), but that community tends to suck them into social issues that most people don't care about or aren't ready to deal with. Like Trans Fucking Gender. The republican crazy aunt is the zany religious right, but they're easier to manage because religious people are not as threatening on the surface and thus don't readily offend much of the rest of the base.
    You don't get to hire Al Sharpton and put him in charge of your get out the vote effort and then cry when people rightfully accuse you of fanning the flames of racial tension. There are photos of Trump being hung in effigies. I'm sure that most every President since the 1960s has been given the same treatment.

Obama and Holder both did many things to fan racial tension in this country. We can go over them if you like. Also the MSM that acted as his Praetorian guard by going after nearly every critic of Obama by calling them racists contributed to the racial division.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    As I was copying and pasting I came across a stat that about 10% of Obama voters voted for Trump

Not sure what that means other than politics probably matter more than race to white people. Or most white people when it comes to voting

Obama was seen as an outsider and he ran against Hills and McCain, about as establishment as you can get for a fake maverick.

Agree on Romney being a Mormon hurting him but he had his shot to win and fucking whiffed. When he let Candy bitch slap him with a lie he was toast

Trump got votes from people who are tired of seeing the GOP nominate pussies who won't fight back. As we see once again with Cavenaugh, the democrats have no shame and will do anything to win.

Trump may be a bit of an over correction on that but I'm noticing more GOP types finding their balls dropping after watching Trump survive the onslaught

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,233
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

Of all the shit people can hang on Obama, in my view one of the most disingenuous is the racial division shit. What he did to fan the flames of racial tension in this country is to get elected in the first place. Country wasn't ready for a black guy in office unless he had walked, talked and danced like a hard-core right winger, and even then, it would have been a problem

Bull shit

Fanning the flames is too strong - more like whining like a little bitch about a country that elected him twice

His actions after the Mike Brown shooting where his DOJ knew that "hands up don't shoot" story was a lie and yet he still allowed Congressional Rats pull stunts like this without every calling them out and telling the public that the story wasn't true definitely fanned the flames especially toward the police. Don't forget that in both the Trayvon Martin case and the Mike Brown the Obama Admin openly sided with the perps and not the innocent victims. His administration sent people to both Brown and Martin's funeral and also help to organize protests in both instances.

It started with his "clinging to their guns, religion and antipathy to those who are not like them" description of folks he can't relate to, continued with his AG, Holder, letting New Black Panthers off the hook for voter intimidation and then progressed through his "beer summit", that resulted from his racially biased knee jerk reaction. Obama was a divider from the get go, except for those impressed by mad teleprompter skills and left wing idealogy. It's a damn shame. IMO he could have been an outstanding and unifying president but he chose another path.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Bull shit

His actions after the Mike Brown shooting where his DOJ knew that "hands up don't shoot" story was a lie and yet he still allowed Congressional Rats pull stunts like this without every calling them out and telling the public that the story wasn't true definitely fanned the flames especially toward the police. Don't forget that in both the Trayvon Martin case and the Mike Brown the Obama Admin openly sided with the perps and not the innocent victims. His administration sent people to both Brown and Martin's funeral and also help to organize protests in both instances.

The kind of stuff he did was ineffective while being offensive. I think the record shows most of the country willing to give him a shot when he was elected. Much more so than Trump got.

Creepy is right in that Obama didn't address serious issues mainly because his economic policies sucked for everyone so they sucked more for Blacks.

Rather than the hands up stuff why not a serious looks at incarceration and if there is anything we can do to close that gap and stop creating career criminals at the age of 14. Once a kid is in the system its hard to get them out. Do we treat Black teenagers tougher than whites?

Those are actual serious issues that cross racial lines. I was talking with a couple of old white guys about Kapernick and I said I don't think the data supports what he says on cop killings but I do think a white kid has a better chance to get away with something. They thought for a minute and said - that's right it is easier being white when it comes to the police.

We don't want to lose our privilege though we want everyone to have it
    The black crime stats are the biggest contributor to the suspicion blacks arouse in the police. And yes that isn't fair, and it sucks if you're a law abiding black guy.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,650
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Bull shit

The kind of stuff he did was ineffective while being offensive. I think the record shows most of the country willing to give him a shot when he was elected. Much more so than Trump got.

Creepy is right in that Obama didn't address serious issues mainly because his economic policies sucked for everyone so they sucked more for Blacks.

Rather than the hands up stuff why not a serious looks at incarceration and if there is anything we can do to close that gap and stop creating career criminals at the age of 14. Once a kid is in the system its hard to get them out. Do we treat Black teenagers tougher than whites?

Those are actual serious issues that cross racial lines. I was talking with a couple of old white guys about Kapernick and I said I don't think the data supports what he says on cop killings but I do think a white kid has a better chance to get away with something. They thought for a minute and said - that's right it is easier being white when it comes to the police.

The black crime stats are the biggest contributor to the suspicion blacks arouse in the police. And yes that isn't fair, and it sucks if you're a law abiding black guy.
    Don't toss in common sense Hondo might have a stroke.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Race, GayBob. WestLinn and HoustonHuskyFS can apologize for trump every morning!

Imagine the internet traffic. It would be like shooting white trash in a barrel. If only Roger Ailes were still alive. He’d have thought if it first.

No Sledog?

I'm out
    I don't apologize for Trump because his election is entirely the lefts fault. Their constant push toward communism, racial division and the destruction of America is what caused the phenomenon called Trump. You thought you could steal an election. Now you think you can pull off a coup. You commie shits did this to yourselves. Now it's time for you to reap what you have sewn!

FAYCS!

This is true, but the push toward communism and racial division is pure rhetoric. It's their fault because they propped up a shit for a candidate who cannot hide her disdain for ordinary people with ordinary intellects, and who got sucked in to the social issues side of her party's constituency. Her husband in his prime would have been very hard to beat following the Bush term, because he's actually a centrist and, on some issues, is downright conservative. Remember, for all of his education and polish, Bill is an Arkansas boy, born and raised in the souf.

Of all the shit people can hang on Obama, in my view one of the most disingenuous is the racial division shit. What he did to fan the flames of racial tension in this country is to get elected in the first place. Country wasn't ready for a black guy in office unless he had walked, talked and danced like a hard-core right winger, and even then, it would have been a problem. Kreist there were effigies of him being lynched all over social media during his term. His Princeton-educated wife couldn't do anything right in the eyes of many, and is compared negatively to a woman who doesn't speak and who used to pose for pictures with her clothes off. Family values right? I know we're all a little gun shy about the R word around here, but to deny that it was still a big problem here at the time of his election is fs. Sure people use and abuse it like few other things; but racism in American, or the worsening of it, is not Obama's fault. That is straight up fs and anybody who believes it is fs. I personally know a lot of people who have issues with black people, and I'm a fucking lawyer in Seattle.

More than any other prez in my lifetime (by a long shot), Obama has engendered among people I encounter (including a lot of family) a combination of (1) emotionally-driven hatred and (2) for reasons they can't really articulate, other than made-up or flatly wrong shit. Don't twist; I'm not a big Obama guy or defender. I hate tax and spend politicians, and he is one. But anyone who can't admit that his mere election and his name were enuff to re-open old wounds and bring to the surface old biases is just fs. I am related to people who manage to get up every day and be an adult who believe the most crazy shit about that guy, but never had much to say about the guy who got us into Iraq on shit information and really stirred up the bottom in the middle east .... smfh.

Trump was elected in large measure because he is the pure visual and substantive opposite of Obama and because the democrats now just fucking suck, particularly at elections. The one area where the dems are particularly vulnerable is the gay community, who they can't really ignore or betray (the numbers are too material), but that community tends to suck them into social issues that most people don't care about or aren't ready to deal with. Like Trans Fucking Gender. The republican crazy aunt is the zany religious right, but they're easier to manage because religious people are not as threatening on the surface and thus don't readily offend much of the rest of the base.
    You don't get to hire Al Sharpton and put him in charge of your get out the vote effort and then cry when people rightfully accuse you of fanning the flames of racial tension. There are photos of Trump being hung in effigies. I'm sure that most every President since the 1960s has been given the same treatment.

Obama and Holder both did many things to fan racial tension in this country. We can go over them if you like. Also the MSM that acted as his Praetorian guard by going after nearly every critic of Obama by calling them racists contributed to the racial division.
    Yeah, that's not what I was talking about. This is where people like you lose some credibility. Even my most strident "racism is over" colleagues know that the past has some meaning. The effigies of which I speak were openly racist, with "monkey" written on them and purposefully stylized to invoke the image of a southern lynching. We can debate about how relevant racism is today for the average black person; but to suggest that the special version of anti-Obama sentiment that was ostensibly fueled by racial motives is just par for the course of being president is to be disingenuous and, if I were in a less charitable mood, fs.

That you tried to make that point only points to your desperation. When people have a strong platform from which to operate, they normally don't have to try so hard and can at least concede the obvious, even when it doesn't suit their agenda.

People being PC is like water is whet. It's been around for a long time, and you can't hang that on Obama.

And, yes you do. Getting elected and using someone to get votes is big-boy politics. If that hurts your sensibilities then you'll have to take up knitting Sally. What matters is what he did in office. Yes, Obama reverted to his community organizer tack, to an extent, under pressure that he wasn't doing enuff about what many perceived (and still perceive) as legitimate issues facing the black community. It didn't help that there were some really shitty examples of racially-related shit that happened on his watch ... shit that has happened a million times.

Look, I don't agree with everything Holder did, and I'm not a big fan of Obama's slide to the left on some of these issues. But he's black and he believes what many believe, and that is that there are lingering issues with black American, however you think they were and are caused. I believe it, too, and outside of state judicial elections, which are very different, I've never voted for a Democrat in my life. Hell, a Birch society member & card carrying libertarian (& at times right wing) undergrad pal and long-time KC prosecutor will tell you the same, and he is about as stridently opposed to racial politics and things like affirmative action and special treatment for anybody as a person can be. But given his job, he sees it up close, and has more than once said to me privately that he'd absolutely hate to be black and especially male on the other end of a white jury. Believe it or don't believe it. IDRGAF, just putting it out there. As for me, there's a lot of shit I think the black community and its leaders could do better and differently, but I don't blame them one bit for occasionally getting pissed off. The numbers are squarely on their side almost across the board.

I'll say it again. Blaming Obama for the jacked-up racial tension in this country is like blaming @RaceBannon for the Exodus just because he was there. He may have had an opinion about Pharaoh, but the Hebrews wanted to LEAVE, w/ or w/o @RaceBannon fanning the flames, which I'm told he did.
  • Options

As I was copying and pasting I came across a stat that about 10% of Obama voters voted for Trump

Not sure what that means other than politics probably matter more than race to white people. Or most white people when it comes to voting

Obama was seen as an outsider and he ran against Hills and McCain, about as establishment as you can get for a fake maverick.

Agree on Romney being a Mormon hurting him but he had his shot to win and fucking whiffed. When he let Candy bitch slap him with a lie he was toast

Trump got votes from people who are tired of seeing the GOP nominate pussies who won't fight back. As we see once again with Cavenaugh, the democrats have no shame and will do anything to win.

Trump may be a bit of an over correction on that but I'm noticing more GOP types finding their balls dropping after watching Trump survive the onslaught

I don't disagree with pretty much any of that. I think McConnell is every bit the slime ball as the currently liberal mob assembling to blow up Cavenaugh, but that's the swamp.

A reasonable, super smart, business-oriented, level-headed guy like Romney with ( I think ) a legitimate moral compass would make a great leader in the WH. But as you say, his ship sailed, and winners win.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

Bull shit

Yes, this. This is what I mean when I say that black leadership should be more focused on root cause, which, candidly, implicates everyone on one level or another. That would be more constructive.

I'm not going to re-litigate the Trayvon Martin case here, though I still think Zimmerman is a little banana busy body and caused something that wouldn't have happened w/o his "intervention." Mike Brown was not a good case for the BLM cause in my view. But for every one of those, there are 50 like South Side Flats and Eric Garner, the latter of which was particularly egregious.

My point is that those who claim there's not 'there' there are full of shit, and this isn't a fabricated 'made up' issue. I don't read you, Race, to be making that point. I wonder about some of our friends though. Stand to be corrected.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

Bull shit

It started with his "clinging to their guns, religion and antipathy to those who are not like them" description of folks he can't relate to, continued with his AG, Holder, letting New Black Panthers off the hook for voter intimidation and then progressed through his "beer summit", that resulted from his racially biased knee jerk reaction. Obama was a divider from the get go, except for those impressed by mad teleprompter skills and left wing idealogy. It's a damn shame. IMO he could have been an outstanding and unifying president but he chose another path.
    He wasn't operating in a vacuum any more than Trump is. Everybody gets there on somebody's back; you abandon them at your own peril. Like Trump. I have never believed he is at all in touch with the religious right. He just didn't grow up that way. He was a man-about-town in Manhattan most of his entire life. But he knows they're important to his base, and doesn't forget them. Obama was no different. He had 'inconvenient' friends.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2018

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

No Sledog?

I'm out

FAYCS!

Yeah, that's not what I was talking about. This is where people like you lose some credibility. Even my most strident "racism is over" colleagues know that the past has some meaning. The effigies of which I speak were openly racist, with "monkey" written on them and purposefully stylized to invoke the image of a southern lynching. We can debate about how relevant racism is today for the average black person; but to suggest that the special version of anti-Obama sentiment that was ostensibly fueled by racial motives is just par for the course of being president is to be disingenuous and, if I were in a less charitable mood, fs.

That you tried to make that point only points to your desperation. When people have a strong platform from which to operate, they normally don't have to try so hard and can at least concede the obvious, even when it doesn't suit their agenda.

People being PC is like water is whet. It's been around for a long time, and you can't hang that on Obama.

And, yes you do. Getting elected and using someone to get votes is big-boy politics. If that hurts your sensibilities then you'll have to take up knitting Sally. What matters is what he did in office. Yes, Obama reverted to his community organizer tack, to an extent, under pressure that he wasn't doing enuff about what many perceived (and still perceive) as legitimate issues facing the black community. It didn't help that there were some really shitty examples of racially-related shit that happened on his watch ... shit that has happened a million times.

Look, I don't agree with everything Holder did, and I'm not a big fan of Obama's slide to the left on some of these issues. But he's black and he believes what many believe, and that is that there are lingering issues with black American, however you think they were and are caused. I believe it, too, and outside of state judicial elections, which are very different, I've never voted for a Democrat in my life. Hell, a Birch society member & card carrying libertarian (& at times right wing) undergrad pal and long-time KC prosecutor will tell you the same, and he is about as stridently opposed to racial politics and things like affirmative action and special treatment for anybody as a person can be. But given his job, he sees it up close, and has more than once said to me privately that he'd absolutely hate to be black and especially male on the other end of a white jury. Believe it or don't believe it. IDRGAF, just putting it out there. As for me, there's a lot of shit I think the black community and its leaders could do better and differently, but I don't blame them one bit for occasionally getting pissed off. The numbers are squarely on their side almost across the board.

I'll say it again. Blaming Obama for the jacked-up racial tension in this country is like blaming @RaceBannon for the Exodus just because he was there. He may have had an opinion about Pharaoh, but the Hebrews wanted to LEAVE, w/ or w/o @RaceBannon fanning the flames, which I'm told he did.
    Nice white washing of Sharpton. "Big Boy politics." I wonder if you'd be so blase if a Republican used David Duke to get out his voters. I don't recall these "racist" effigies of Obama. I did a quick search and I found one. Didn't find any with monkey on them. And I never said or even hinted at your bullshit about "racism is over." I don't believe that and I didn't say it. It's a nation of 300 plus million people. You're always going to be able to find a few nuts. Presidents get hung in effigy. And given all of the bogus hate crimes that the left is involved in, unless you've got some proof that these racist effigies of Obama were put up by racist whites and not by liberals I'm not immediately going to accept it as fact.

You can say it as many times as you like but I know that allowing the racist "hands up don't shoot lie" to be spread far and wide by members of your own party when you knew it was a lie did serious damage to race relations in this country.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Bull shit

Yes, this. This is what I mean when I say that black leadership should be more focused on root cause, which, candidly, implicates everyone on one level or another. That would be more constructive.

I'm not going to re-litigate the Trayvon Martin case here, though I still think Zimmerman is a little banana busy body and caused something that wouldn't have happened w/o his "intervention." Mike Brown was not a good case for the BLM cause in my view. But for every one of those, there are 50 like South Side Flats and Eric Garner, the latter of which was particularly egregious.

My point is that those who claim there's not 'there' there are full of shit, and this isn't a fabricated 'made up' issue. I don't read you, Race, to be making that point. I wonder about some of our friends though. Stand to be corrected.
    First of all who said this was a "made up" issue? I think police brutality and being too trigger happy is a very real issue. I just don't think that blacks are the only ones being impacted by it. I don't see it as a race issue, I see it as a police issue. And it doesn't matter what you think about Zimmerman. He was entirely within his rights and the law to follow Trayvon and didn't have to sit there and take a beat down.

BLM should have focused on cases like Walter Scott not Trayvon and the Gentle Giant.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Bull shit

First of all who said this was a "made up" issue? I think police brutality and being too trigger happy is a very real issue. I just don't think that blacks are the only ones being impacted by it. I don't see it as a race issue, I see it as a police issue. And it doesn't matter what you think about Zimmerman. He was entirely within his rights and the law to follow Trayvon and didn't have to sit there and take a beat down.

BLM should have focused on cases like Walter Scott not Trayvon and the Gentle Giant.
    The Trayvon Martin incident perfectly epitomizes the moral depravity of trumpism. A 17 year old kid who weighed 158 pounds walking home from school beat the shit out of a 30-year old fat fuck following him. The cowardly fat fuck (is there any other kind) murdered the kid because he couldn’t defend himself. Trumpism in a microcosm.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Bull shit

The Trayvon Martin incident perfectly epitomizes the moral depravity of trumpism. A 17 year old kid who weighed 158 pounds walking home from school beat the shit out of a 30-year old fat fuck following him. The cowardly fat fuck (is there any other kind) murdered the kid because he couldn’t defend himself. Trumpism in a microcosm.
    Walking home from school. Ha. The only reason he was in Sanford was because he'd been kicked out of school for the 3rd time that year and his mother kicked him out of the house so he was staying with this father.

Not quite sure how Trump has anything to do with Trademark.