Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

She-Guevara racist white nationalist

Comments

• Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Of all the shit people can hang on Obama, in my view one of the most disingenuous is the racial division shit. What he did to fan the flames of racial tension in this country is to get elected in the first place. Country wasn't ready for a black guy in office unless he had walked, talked and danced like a hard-core right winger, and even then, it would have been a problem

Bull shit

How did the fuck do you think he got elected? 90% of 13% of the population? No

Fanning the flames is too strong - more like whining like a little bitch about a country that elected him twice

His actions after the Mike Brown shooting where his DOJ knew that "hands up don't shoot" story was a lie and yet he still allowed Congressional Rats pull stunts like this without every calling them out and telling the public that the story wasn't true definitely fanned the flames especially toward the police. Don't forget that in both the Trayvon Martin case and the Mike Brown the Obama Admin openly sided with the perps and not the innocent victims. His administration sent people to both Brown and Martin's funeral and also help to organize protests in both instances.

The kind of stuff he did was ineffective while being offensive. I think the record shows most of the country willing to give him a shot when he was elected. Much more so than Trump got.

Creepy is right in that Obama didn't address serious issues mainly because his economic policies sucked for everyone so they sucked more for Blacks.

Rather than the hands up stuff why not a serious looks at incarceration and if there is anything we can do to close that gap and stop creating career criminals at the age of 14. Once a kid is in the system its hard to get them out. Do we treat Black teenagers tougher than whites?

Those are actual serious issues that cross racial lines. I was talking with a couple of old white guys about Kapernick and I said I don't think the data supports what he says on cop killings but I do think a white kid has a better chance to get away with something. They thought for a minute and said - that's right it is easier being white when it comes to the police.

We don't want to lose our privilege though we want everyone to have it
    Yes, this. This is what I mean when I say that black leadership should be more focused on root cause, which, candidly, implicates everyone on one level or another. That would be more constructive.

I'm not going to re-litigate the Trayvon Martin case here, though I still think Zimmerman is a little banana busy body and caused something that wouldn't have happened w/o his "intervention." Mike Brown was not a good case for the BLM cause in my view. But for every one of those, there are 50 like South Side Flats and Eric Garner, the latter of which was particularly egregious.

My point is that those who claim there's not 'there' there are full of shit, and this isn't a fabricated 'made up' issue. I don't read you, Race, to be making that point. I wonder about some of our friends though. Stand to be corrected.
    First of all who said this was a "made up" issue? I think police brutality and being too trigger happy is a very real issue. I just don't think that blacks are the only ones being impacted by it. I don't see it as a race issue, I see it as a police issue. And it doesn't matter what you think about Zimmerman. He was entirely within his rights and the law to follow Trayvon and didn't have to sit there and take a beat down.

BLM should have focused on cases like Walter Scott not Trayvon and the Gentle Giant.
    The Trayvon Martin incident perfectly epitomizes the moral depravity of trumpism. A 17 year old kid who weighed 158 pounds walking home from school beat the shit out of a 30-year old fat fuck following him. The cowardly fat fuck (is there any other kind) murdered the kid because he couldn’t defend himself. Trumpism in a microcosm.
    Walking home from school. Ha. The only reason he was in Sanford was because he'd been kicked out of school for the 3rd time that year and his mother kicked him out of the house so he was staying with this father.

Not quite sure how Trump has anything to do with Trademark.
    And? He was walking home from 7-11 with candy and soda. Doesn't matter that he wasn't an Eagle Scout. Or does it?

You have a 17-year old unarmed and skinny kid walking alone and being followed by a grown man with a gun. Grown man likely tried to detain him or something for looking suspicious, kid probably has some edge to him, told him to GTFO or whatever, grown make gets his ass kicked, didn't count on that happening, and instead of tucking tail he shot him. Great outcome. But he was well within his rights.

Ok!!!!
    No, it matters that he attacked and beat Zimmerman. Zimmerman then defended himself. Case closed. Likely tried to detain him? You're not "likely" pulling claims out of your ass, you're doing it.
    Martin was 17 years old. He was stalked by an obese 30-year old fool with a gun. The kid beat the fuck out of the fat fucking idiot. And then he was murdered by a coward. Case closed.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Martin got exactly what he deserved and would have either done to someone else or had done to him in a few years if you know anything about his history.

Zimmerman most likely saved lives by his actions and no doubt saved the taxpayers lots of money.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Race, totally unfair throwing all those facts and maff at me. You know I have limitations. I get it, whitey really voted for Hussein Obama. The only question is, which whitey?

The real surprise there was Florida, but not entirely. It's a weird place except for the Canes. I think the prospects of the first black prez really activated the left and people voted. Similarly, I think a lot of red whitey had been sitting on the sidelines, and the democrats helped activate them with Trump. People who, before, didn't feel vested in the political process suddenly became interested in politics. I think 8 years of Obama had a lot to do with that, and a lot of that was just being there saying anything about race (not you). In other words, my hypothesis, which is worth about as much as my membership dues to HCH, is that there was really nothing a liberal black guy in the white house could say or do or comment about race (not you) issues that would not have stirred the pot in some segments of our society, not all of which is the hillbilly souf. That said, I think we are all in agreement that the democrats' most fearsome enemy is themselves. They are the Jasson Guessers of American politics, constantly killing their own feet. And they're likely to do it again IMO.

It isn't an issue of race. It's an issue of cucks vs non cucks. As you can see from that map, the usual suspects voted blue, and they continue to because they live in areas infested with left wing politics.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Martin got exactly what he deserved and would have either done to someone else or had done to him in a few years if you know anything about his history.

Zimmerman most likely saved lives by his actions and no doubt saved the taxpayers lots of money.

J F C
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Race said he invited you to the tug because you made good arguments.

Race was wrong.
  • Options

One other thing. It's too bad about Romney. I think he loses votes on the margin because there is still a % of whitey and blackie and brownie who mistrust his religious background. You know that I'm almost phobic of the crazy fundies, but I think Romney would be a great President.

Of course you think a deeply embedded establishment rhino would make a good president. For the same reasons you love Hussein Obama. They are both far left wing in their policies. Romney was the guy who brought us Obama Care and gay marriage before Obama did.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Race was wrong.
    I could start emoting and talking out my ass and then I'd be arguing like you if you like.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Race was wrong.
    I could start emoting and talking out my ass and then I'd be arguing like you if you like.
    You make sledog look smart.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Didn't say you said racism is over. Read. more. carefully. It's just not there.

What a fucking Kunt. You said:

This is where people like you lose some credibility. Even my most strident "racism is over" colleagues know that the past has some meaning.

You just compared me to your most "strident racism is over" colleagues and then ascribed to me a position that is beyond theirs. That's exactly what you were trying to smear me with you dishonest Kunt.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Race was wrong.
    Why did Sledog claim that Trademark was walking home from school?
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Race was wrong.
    How many 17 year old kids is it ok for a beaten up white hispanic fool to murder to save the taxpayers money? You’ve apparently done the research. No emoting, just the facts. How many kids is it ok to murder to save the taxpayers money. Why don’t you check with sledog first. You guys are dialed in.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Do you believe that you just made a “good” argument?
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Do you believe that you just made a “good” argument?

Do you think you are smarter then sledog?
  • Options
    edited September 2018

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Race was wrong.
    How many 17 year old kids is it ok for a beaten up white hispanic fool to murder to save the taxpayers money? You’ve apparently done the research. No emoting, just the facts. How many kids is it ok to murder to save the taxpayers money. Why don’t you check with sledog first. You guys are dialed in.
    How many teenage girls is it ok for illegal aliens to murder? You open borders cunts are to blame for this. No emoting, just the facts.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,807
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2018

Sledog said:

I just love how the left thinks cops are sitting at briefing talking "lets go shoot some minorities" Such a crock of shit. Tired of the left against America. Creepy's just hoping to pick up some money from the blood and guts.

Oh piss off. Nobody says or thinks shit like that. It pretty much undermines your blind allegiance to law enforcement that you can't write a more cogent response.
    That's just what you'd tell a jury and you Damn well know it. Just as you talk about Zimmerman. Looking at people even following them is no reason to attack them and you know it yet you make excuses for it. So is smashing someone's head on the concrete deadly force or not?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2018

Sledog said:

I’d recommend a “morning show” linked thread: Race &Friends.

Race, GayBob. WestLinn and HoustonHuskyFS can apologize for trump every morning!

Imagine the internet traffic. It would be like shooting white trash in a barrel. If only Roger Ailes were still alive. He’d have thought if it first.

No Sledog?

I'm out
    I don't apologize for Trump because his election is entirely the lefts fault. Their constant push toward communism, racial division and the destruction of America is what caused the phenomenon called Trump. You thought you could steal an election. Now you think you can pull off a coup. You commie shits did this to yourselves. Now it's time for you to reap what you have sewn!

FAYCS!

This is true, but the push toward communism and racial division is pure rhetoric. It's their fault because they propped up a shit for a candidate who cannot hide her disdain for ordinary people with ordinary intellects, and who got sucked in to the social issues side of her party's constituency. Her husband in his prime would have been very hard to beat following the Bush term, because he's actually a centrist and, on some issues, is downright conservative. Remember, for all of his education and polish, Bill is an Arkansas boy, born and raised in the souf.

Of all the shit people can hang on Obama, in my view one of the most disingenuous is the racial division shit. What he did to fan the flames of racial tension in this country is to get elected in the first place. Country wasn't ready for a black guy in office unless he had walked, talked and danced like a hard-core right winger, and even then, it would have been a problem. Kreist there were effigies of him being lynched all over social media during his term. His Princeton-educated wife couldn't do anything right in the eyes of many, and is compared negatively to a woman who doesn't speak and who used to pose for pictures with her clothes off. Family values right? I know we're all a little gun shy about the R word around here, but to deny that it was still a big problem here at the time of his election is fs. Sure people use and abuse it like few other things; but racism in American, or the worsening of it, is not Obama's fault. That is straight up fs and anybody who believes it is fs. I personally know a lot of people who have issues with black people, and I'm a fucking lawyer in Seattle.

More than any other prez in my lifetime (by a long shot), Obama has engendered among people I encounter (including a lot of family) a combination of (1) emotionally-driven hatred and (2) for reasons they can't really articulate, other than made-up or flatly wrong shit. Don't twist; I'm not a big Obama guy or defender. I hate tax and spend politicians, and he is one. But anyone who can't admit that his mere election and his name were enuff to re-open old wounds and bring to the surface old biases is just fs. I am related to people who manage to get up every day and be an adult who believe the most crazy shit about that guy, but never had much to say about the guy who got us into Iraq on shit information and really stirred up the bottom in the middle east .... smfh.

Trump was elected in large measure because he is the pure visual and substantive opposite of Obama and because the democrats now just fucking suck, particularly at elections. The one area where the dems are particularly vulnerable is the gay community, who they can't really ignore or betray (the numbers are too material), but that community tends to suck them into social issues that most people don't care about or aren't ready to deal with. Like Trans Fucking Gender. The republican crazy aunt is the zany religious right, but they're easier to manage because religious people are not as threatening on the surface and thus don't readily offend much of the rest of the base.
    There's plenty of FS in this post, Creepy. Obama fucked up right out of the gate by diving into the William Gates vs the Boston PD scandal, immediately taking the side of the professor, who it turned out was acting like such an asshole, he got himself arrested for not showing ID to prove the home he appeared to be breaking into was his own. No racial divisiveness, huh? Right. And appointing Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch as AGs sure as fanned flames, because neither of them were qualified for the job, nor competent in it, and they acted and conducted themselves like classic FS "diversity hires." In addition to that, his infamous (if not treasonous) Cairo speech where he dove right into the classic liberal theme of "blame America first, and for everything" wrong in the Middle East and the rest of the world, was total and complete FS from Obama himself, especially because the speech was vetted by - and probably written by - the Muslim Brotherhood, representatives of overwhelmingly brown folk versus the white folks of European descent. And that's not racially divisive, Creepy? And let's not forget his knee-jerk "but Christians have done lots of bad things, too" moral equivalency bullshit, either. As if Christians are the ones blowing up buses, churches, mosques and police stations in 2018, no different from the bad shit Christian regimes did during the Dark Ages. But 500 years is like, yesterday, right? Pure horseshit.

That weak-kneed, self-loathing, Ivy League chickenshit positioning made me - a two time Obama supporter - despise him for his lack of balls, regardless of party or skin color. In the end, Obama was the appeasement-loving schmoozer his critics painted him as, to the point I can't defend him anymore. But if you choose to be superficial about it, go ahead and argue that anyone who criticizes Obama is really just racist, utterly oblivious to how patently racist that position is, in and of itself.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Of all the shit people can hang on Obama, in my view one of the most disingenuous is the racial division shit. What he did to fan the flames of racial tension in this country is to get elected in the first place. Country wasn't ready for a black guy in office unless he had walked, talked and danced like a hard-core right winger, and even then, it would have been a problem

Bull shit

How did the fuck do you think he got elected? 90% of 13% of the population? No

Fanning the flames is too strong - more like whining like a little bitch about a country that elected him twice

His actions after the Mike Brown shooting where his DOJ knew that "hands up don't shoot" story was a lie and yet he still allowed Congressional Rats pull stunts like this without every calling them out and telling the public that the story wasn't true definitely fanned the flames especially toward the police. Don't forget that in both the Trayvon Martin case and the Mike Brown the Obama Admin openly sided with the perps and not the innocent victims. His administration sent people to both Brown and Martin's funeral and also help to organize protests in both instances.

The kind of stuff he did was ineffective while being offensive. I think the record shows most of the country willing to give him a shot when he was elected. Much more so than Trump got.

Creepy is right in that Obama didn't address serious issues mainly because his economic policies sucked for everyone so they sucked more for Blacks.

Rather than the hands up stuff why not a serious looks at incarceration and if there is anything we can do to close that gap and stop creating career criminals at the age of 14. Once a kid is in the system its hard to get them out. Do we treat Black teenagers tougher than whites?

Those are actual serious issues that cross racial lines. I was talking with a couple of old white guys about Kapernick and I said I don't think the data supports what he says on cop killings but I do think a white kid has a better chance to get away with something. They thought for a minute and said - that's right it is easier being white when it comes to the police.

We don't want to lose our privilege though we want everyone to have it
    Yes, this. This is what I mean when I say that black leadership should be more focused on root cause, which, candidly, implicates everyone on one level or another. That would be more constructive.

I'm not going to re-litigate the Trayvon Martin case here, though I still think Zimmerman is a little banana busy body and caused something that wouldn't have happened w/o his "intervention." Mike Brown was not a good case for the BLM cause in my view. But for every one of those, there are 50 like South Side Flats and Eric Garner, the latter of which was particularly egregious.

My point is that those who claim there's not 'there' there are full of shit, and this isn't a fabricated 'made up' issue. I don't read you, Race, to be making that point. I wonder about some of our friends though. Stand to be corrected.
    First of all who said this was a "made up" issue? I think police brutality and being too trigger happy is a very real issue. I just don't think that blacks are the only ones being impacted by it. I don't see it as a race issue, I see it as a police issue. And it doesn't matter what you think about Zimmerman. He was entirely within his rights and the law to follow Trayvon and didn't have to sit there and take a beat down.

BLM should have focused on cases like Walter Scott not Trayvon and the Gentle Giant.
    The Trayvon Martin incident perfectly epitomizes the moral depravity of trumpism. A 17 year old kid who weighed 158 pounds walking home from school beat the shit out of a 30-year old fat fuck following him. The cowardly fat fuck (is there any other kind) murdered the kid because he couldn’t defend himself. Trumpism in a microcosm.
    Walking home from school. Ha. The only reason he was in Sanford was because he'd been kicked out of school for the 3rd time that year and his mother kicked him out of the house so he was staying with this father.

Not quite sure how Trump has anything to do with Trademark.
    And? He was walking home from 7-11 with candy and soda. Doesn't matter that he wasn't an Eagle Scout. Or does it?

You have a 17-year old unarmed and skinny kid walking alone and being followed by a grown man with a gun. Grown man likely tried to detain him or something for looking suspicious, kid probably has some edge to him, told him to GTFO or whatever, grown make gets his ass kicked, didn't count on that happening, and instead of tucking tail he shot him. Great outcome. But he was well within his rights.

Ok!!!!
    No, it matters that he attacked and beat Zimmerman. Zimmerman then defended himself. Case closed. Likely tried to detain him? You're not "likely" pulling claims out of your ass, you're doing it.
    Martin was 17 years old. He was stalked by an obese 30-year old fool with a gun. The kid beat the fuck out of the fat fucking idiot. And then he was murdered by a coward. Case closed.
    Cirrho, you're in over your head, once again. As big of a fool as you've already demonstrated, you just made Zimmerman's Self-Defense Case. Nice work!

Now graciously die.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @creepycoug wrote: "I'm not going to re-litigate the Trayvon Martin case here, though I still think Zimmerman is a little banana busy body and caused something that wouldn't have happened w/o his "intervention." Mike Brown was not a good case for the BLM cause in my view. But for every one of those, there are 50 like South Side Flats and Eric Garner, the latter of which was particularly egregious."

I agree with you, CC, on both Martin & Brown. The Martin case makes me sick to this day when I think about it, because I would've reacted similarly to Trayvon if somebody was stalking me like Zimmerman was, and I've got a teenage son growing up in an increasingly dangerous city where that kind of confrontation is becoming more and more common. The fucking DC whores raising their hands for Mike Brown should be ashamed of their ignorant selves, but they and their acolytes on MSNBC and CNN continue to parade Michael Brown around as a victim, perpetuating the lie that he was shot down in cold blood.

Where I disagree vehemently is that for every Michael Brown there are 50 Eric Garners. That's completely wrong, backwards and smacks of mass-media propaganda and pollution. If I read you right, you're arguing that the cops are wrong and using excessive force 50 times more than they should or its justified? You either can't be serious, or I'm not understanding your argument. The actual number is about 2% of all shootings of all people, black or white, are found to be unjustified or using excessive force. Quadruple that number and you're still under 10%. Point is there is no epidemic of unjustified shootings of black people and/or white people going on in the USA, and there hasn't been for decades. We all have cameras now, and that's why this shit has blown up and made the front pages, over-representing the problem in relation to all other competing news events. Turns out that Racism sells! What do you know?
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Sledog said:

Race, GayBob. WestLinn and HoustonHuskyFS can apologize for trump every morning!

Imagine the internet traffic. It would be like shooting white trash in a barrel. If only Roger Ailes were still alive. He’d have thought if it first.

No Sledog?

I'm out
    I don't apologize for Trump because his election is entirely the lefts fault. Their constant push toward communism, racial division and the destruction of America is what caused the phenomenon called Trump. You thought you could steal an election. Now you think you can pull off a coup. You commie shits did this to yourselves. Now it's time for you to reap what you have sewn!

FAYCS!

This is true, but the push toward communism and racial division is pure rhetoric. It's their fault because they propped up a shit for a candidate who cannot hide her disdain for ordinary people with ordinary intellects, and who got sucked in to the social issues side of her party's constituency. Her husband in his prime would have been very hard to beat following the Bush term, because he's actually a centrist and, on some issues, is downright conservative. Remember, for all of his education and polish, Bill is an Arkansas boy, born and raised in the souf.

Of all the shit people can hang on Obama, in my view one of the most disingenuous is the racial division shit. What he did to fan the flames of racial tension in this country is to get elected in the first place. Country wasn't ready for a black guy in office unless he had walked, talked and danced like a hard-core right winger, and even then, it would have been a problem. Kreist there were effigies of him being lynched all over social media during his term. His Princeton-educated wife couldn't do anything right in the eyes of many, and is compared negatively to a woman who doesn't speak and who used to pose for pictures with her clothes off. Family values right? I know we're all a little gun shy about the R word around here, but to deny that it was still a big problem here at the time of his election is fs. Sure people use and abuse it like few other things; but racism in American, or the worsening of it, is not Obama's fault. That is straight up fs and anybody who believes it is fs. I personally know a lot of people who have issues with black people, and I'm a fucking lawyer in Seattle.

More than any other prez in my lifetime (by a long shot), Obama has engendered among people I encounter (including a lot of family) a combination of (1) emotionally-driven hatred and (2) for reasons they can't really articulate, other than made-up or flatly wrong shit. Don't twist; I'm not a big Obama guy or defender. I hate tax and spend politicians, and he is one. But anyone who can't admit that his mere election and his name were enuff to re-open old wounds and bring to the surface old biases is just fs. I am related to people who manage to get up every day and be an adult who believe the most crazy shit about that guy, but never had much to say about the guy who got us into Iraq on shit information and really stirred up the bottom in the middle east .... smfh.

Trump was elected in large measure because he is the pure visual and substantive opposite of Obama and because the democrats now just fucking suck, particularly at elections. The one area where the dems are particularly vulnerable is the gay community, who they can't really ignore or betray (the numbers are too material), but that community tends to suck them into social issues that most people don't care about or aren't ready to deal with. Like Trans Fucking Gender. The republican crazy aunt is the zany religious right, but they're easier to manage because religious people are not as threatening on the surface and thus don't readily offend much of the rest of the base.
    There's plenty of FS in this post, Creepy. Obama fucked up right out of the gate by diving into the William Gates vs the Boston PD scandal, immediately taking the side of the professor, who it turned out was acting like such an asshole, he got himself arrested for not showing ID to prove the home he appeared to be breaking into was his own. No racial divisiveness, huh? Right. And appointing Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch as AGs sure as fanned flames, because neither of them were qualified for the job, nor competent in it, and they acted and conducted themselves like classic FS "diversity hires." In addition to that, his infamous (if not treasonous) Cairo speech where he dove right into the classic liberal theme of "blame America first, and for everything" wrong in the Middle East and the rest of the world, was total and complete FS from Obama himself, especially because the speech was vetted by - and probably written by - the Muslim Brotherhood, representatives of overwhelmingly brown folk versus the white folks of European descent. And that's not racially divisive, Creepy? And let's not forget his knee-jerk "but Christians have done lots of bad things, too" moral equivalency bullshit, either. As if Christians are the ones blowing up buses, churches, mosques and police stations in 2018, no different from the bad shit Christian regimes did during the Dark Ages. But 500 years is like, yesterday, right? Pure horseshit.

That weak-kneed, self-loathing, Ivy League chickenshit positioning made me - a two time Obama supporter - despise him for his lack of balls, regardless of party or skin color. In the end, Obama was the appeasement-loving schmoozer his critics painted him as, to the point I can't defend him anymore. But if you choose to be superficial about it, go ahead and argue that anyone who criticizes Obama is really just racist, utterly oblivious to how patently racist that position is, in and of itself.

Quit plagiarism my shit fucko! All that said, spot on, buffer of turds. By the way, I thought Obama was fantastic in his delivery of the 2004 DNC keynote address. But the devil is in the details. His presidential campaign was telling. No way I could vote for him after learning what he really meant by the hopey changey thing, though McCain's last minute mortgage bailout scheme nearly tipped me back in that direction. Anyway, good post. Cheers.
  • Options

Sledog said:

No Sledog?

I'm out

FAYCS!

Quit plagiarism my shit fucko! All that said, spot on, buffer of turds. By the way, I thought Obama was fantastic in his delivery of the 2004 DNC keynote address. But the devil is in the details. His presidential campaign was telling. No way I could vote for him after learning what he really meant by the hopey changey thing, though McCain's last minute mortgage bailout scheme nearly tipped me back in that direction. Anyway, good post. Cheers.
    I banged off my response before I read your post. Sorry. It does seem quite plagiaristicismy on my part. So due credit your way.