Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jordan Peterson Reacts to ALEX JONES Being DEPLATFORMED

Comments

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Lots of the things that are happening in the universities that aren’t good are already leaking out into the broader social world. Part of what is going to happen is that people are going to stop coming and speaking on campuses. The comedians in the United States, many of them already won’t come and do their shows on campus, because everybody is so sensitive to offence.

https://news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/jordan-peterson-says-hate-speech-will-be-policed-by-last-people-in-the-world-you-would-want-to/news-story/4a37ae224fcc96986dac176374d817ae
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,775
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited August 2018

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

Fuck off

Exactly what I thought. I'm down for Rather being fired and Olberman is an asshat. Just wondering why the other side doesn't feel like they are held to the same standard. Or that the shit Alex Jones says it's ok but Olberman should be fired.
    Alex Jones is an asshat too.

Doesn't mean he needs to get banned on youtube. Put the crazies out there to be exposed for what they are - asshats.
    I always wonder why the left is afraid to let ideas rise and fall on their own merit.

Actually, I don't wonder.
    Are you serious? How’s universal healthcare being allowed to rise and fall on its own merit? “Extreme leftism!” With a 60% approval rating. “How are you going to pay for it!?” When even the Koch brothers can’t fund a study that shows it would cost more than our current system.

If you think this is a left problem and not an everyone problem you’re dumb as fuck.
    Universal Healthcare did rise. A LOT. That is our current system. Thanks Obama!
    Your employer must pay that bill for you if you're unaware.

Are we? done talking about oranges when the original conversation was about apples?

Free speech, and the de-platforming of ideas is being done unilaterally along stark political lines. If you cant's see that, than HondoFuckingStupid.

This is 1000% an everyone problem, because like usual, the left isn't paying attention to the "unintended" consequences the right saw coming from a country mile.

Or the consequences WERE intended, which we can't rule out either.

• Options
    Do the republicans claim Alex Jones as their own?
  • Options
    Founders Club

• Options
    pawz said:

You say his free speech is being limited because of his politics. So I’m trying to detrimine what political party/ideology is being infringed upon.
  • Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

You say his free speech is being limited because of his politics. So I’m trying to detrimine what political party/ideology is being infringed upon.
    HondoFS POTD.

FO, G
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,584
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited August 2018

2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

Fuck off

Exactly what I thought. I'm down for Rather being fired and Olberman is an asshat. Just wondering why the other side doesn't feel like they are held to the same standard. Or that the shit Alex Jones says it's ok but Olberman should be fired.

Doesn't mean he needs to get banned on youtube. Put the crazies out there to be exposed for what they are - asshats.
    I always wonder why the left is afraid to let ideas rise and fall on their own merit.

Are you serious? How’s universal healthcare being allowed to rise and fall on its own merit? “Extreme leftism!” With a 60% approval rating. “How are you going to pay for it!?” When even the Koch brothers can’t fund a study that shows it would cost more than our current system.

If you think this is a left problem and not an everyone problem you’re dumb as fuck.
    SPACE FORCE

SPACE FORCE = awesome

Bernie Sanders = lame

Some of you need to learn the difference
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    pawz said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

Fuck off

Are we? done talking about oranges when the original conversation was about apples?

Free speech, and the de-platforming of ideas is being done unilaterally along stark political lines. If you cant's see that, than HondoFuckingStupid.

This is 1000% an everyone problem, because like usual, the left isn't paying attention to the "unintended" consequences the right saw coming from a country mile.

I don’t want to be a dick but it doesn’t seem like you know what universal healthcare is or what free speech means.
  • Options
    pawz said:

pawz said:

HondoFS POTD.

FO, G
    About the response I expected from an anti-vaxer.

You have no clue so you lash out w stupidity.

Back up your bullshit post or fuck off. Or abundance.
  • Options

pawz said:

pawz said:

HondoFS POTD.

FO, G

Kill yourself
  • Options

pawz said:

pawz said:

HondoFS POTD.

FO, G

Kill yourself
    711 bitch!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,328
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can't wait for Benny to spaz out again
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    pawz said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

Fuck off

I’d be against universal healthcare too if I thought that’s what our current system is.
  • Options

pawz said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

Fuck off

I don’t want to be a dick but it doesn’t seem like you know what universal healthcare is or what free speech means.
    I don't want to be a dick either, but it doesn't seem like you know what free speech means:

"I tell you what, you get your side to teach evolution in their home schools and I’ll get my side in on free speech." -- APAG
  • Options
    A duck holding a severed beaver head would be a more appropriate avatar for that spazzy loser.
  • Options

pawz said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

Fuck off

I don't want to be a dick either, but it doesn't seem like you know what free speech means:

"I tell you what, you get your side to teach evolution in their home schools and I’ll get my side in on free speech." -- APAG
    I don’t get how that quote shows that I don’t know what free speech means.
  • Options

pawz said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

Fuck off

I don’t get how that quote shows that I don’t know what free speech means.
    You don't know what it means because if you did, you would understand the importance of preserving and defending it. Rather, this quote suggests an inclination of looking the other way whenever 'your side' violates someone's free speech rights.
  • Options
    I’m using “means” in reference to definition, you’re using it in regards to value. Being willing to negotiate with something doesn’t mean you don’t know it’s value, it means you understand its value very well.