Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Too White to Win (now enhanced with an evolutionary biology lecture!)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Here's a big question, can a black coach do a better job of making the slow strategy approach appeal to black kids? Obviously Bonerpopper and Lake do the best job of bringing in black kids on the staff, but they also recruit the blackest positions. Are they getting black kids because they're black, or because that's the position they recruit? I'm guessing with Lake it's A and Keif it's B. Would a black coach on the DL or LB do a better job getting Fast Strategy kids to buy into Slow Strategy life? Obviously it would have to be the right black coach, but it seems likely the answer is yes.

The next question is how well do poly coaches sell fast strategy to black kids since we have two on our staff and another poised to be promoted?

Final thought - how the fuck did Huff pull Curne from Texas??? That might have been the recruiting job of the year.

I think curne comes from a fairly nice middle class black family that understand what Pete is selling. If curne was from the hood, then a different story. @Tequilla is the high school curne went to in the hood?
    The correct person to ask here is @WilburHooksHands - he's the keeper of all Houston knowledge.
    His handle is hard to recall from memory, so fuck him.
  • Options
    jarlsbergraygunjarlsbergraygun Member Posts: 34
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2018
    It's comical, and probably fitting, how close this reasoning is getting to the taboo of "HBD". DDY, are you a reader of Pinker, Lynn, Nisbett, etc.? Perhaps more bombastic or recent types like Charles Murray, Eric/Bret Weinstin, or others in the headlines?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

It's comical, and probably fitting, how close this reasoning is getting to the taboo of "HBD". DDY, are you a reader of Pinker, Lynn, Nisbett, etc.? Perhaps more bombastic or recent types like Charles Murray, Eric Weinstin, or others in the headlines?

@jarlsbergraygun is a fucking amazing handle.

I don't keep up with the science headlines like that, but I've driven Dick Nisbett to a bar.
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    @Dennis_DeYoung you forgot the Zulus in Soufffff Africa. Those guys tear shit up.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

@Dennis_DeYoung you forgot the Zulus in Soufffff Africa. Those guys tear shit up.

In sports? I don't follow soccer, so they well could... there are a lot of theories about why West Africans seem to be so dominant in sport, but a) it doesn't seem equally distributed across all Africa and b) there's not really a good handle on it right now, partially because it's so controversial of a topic.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

Running through the roster, without knowing life stories and all that on all of our guys, I think the only fast strategy white guy I can think of off the top of my head is... Kaleb McGary.

https://seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/uw-lineman-kaleb-mcgary-im-finally-starting-to-see-speckles-of-light-man/

The only other white guys who might be Fast Strategy on the roster are: Gaines, Sosebee, and Kirkland. With no real background story on those guys it is difficult to tell though. I'll let @Dennis_DeYoung point out if I am wrong here since he is the actual expert.

McGary's going to Oregon State where he can hunt everyday.

#FastStrategy
    Exactly why I believe he is fast strategy. Reading the paper it's about budgeting your energy. In the article on McGary it talks about how he was basically a farmer at a young age and hunted at a young age too. He developed quickly and was ready to get to work pronto because he wanted to present himself as a suitable mate to females.

I THINK I GET IT!
    I wasn't saying you're wrong, just a) making fun of Ecklund b) poonting out that even our token fast strategy white is cracker as fuck.
    I was just pontificating on my idea a bit more. I got the shot at Ecklund and appreciate it good sir.

I bet the hunting thing for white kids is equivalent to jewelry or tattoos for black kids from the fast strategy side of things. (AKA... the races aren't different at all, just different interests)
    Fast, white, poor can confirm.
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651

Holleee fuck he is African name
  • Options

In sports? I don't follow soccer, so they well could... there are a lot of theories about why West Africans seem to be so dominant in sport, but a) it doesn't seem equally distributed across all Africa and b) there's not really a good handle on it right now, partially because it's so controversial of a topic.
    Zulus are bantus which means they are closely related to the West African tribes.
  • Options

Zulus are bantus which means they are closely related to the West African tribes.
    They migrated too far, however, and got shitty at sports.

Zulus are great sprinters. That happens when you have the hunt #MySpringBok and have to contend with lions and shit.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

It's comical, and probably fitting, how close this reasoning is getting to the taboo of "HBD". DDY, are you a reader of Pinker, Lynn, Nisbett, etc.? Perhaps more bombastic or recent types like Charles Murray, Eric Weinstin, or others in the headlines?

@jarlsbergraygun is a fucking amazing handle.

I don't keep up with the science headlines like that, but I've driven Dick Nisbett to a bar.
    So, Did you fuck him?
  • Options
    FrenchHuskyFrenchHusky Member Posts: 69
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Told you guys we needed a Nigerian DL coach.
    I was hoping Onwuzurike could bring us a Nigerian DL pipeline, they're usually raw but with good coaching those guys can become elite with their athletcism for their size.