Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Too White to Win (now enhanced with an evolutionary biology lecture!)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    @whlinder the worst thing that can happy to anybody is that they get comfortable ... always need an edge
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,077
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

dnc said:

BlastDoor said:

My perception from reading this thread is that I'm the only non-white dude on this board.

Why do you hate @Swaye @RoadDawg55 and @BrickSquad???
    @ExtraChrisB - etc. We are a quite diverse group for UW fans (given that centering your life around SEA is a prerequisite on some level for being here and the PNW is one of the whitest places in America.
    As a slow-strategy (based on that framework) blindingly white boi from an east-coast public HS which was roughly 33% black 30% latino and 25% white (rest Asian/middle eastern/African/other), the joke when I went to UW/lived in SEA was that if I saw a black person they played for the Huskies/Seahawks/Sonics.

It is definitely true that people are far more creative and innovative when they have limited resources.

Notice any symbolism here- i.e., where we take the group pics of the recruits?

It's also an interesting framework to apply to the old tyme row boat legends. Joe Rantz would without question be considered fast-strategy based on that framework but was someone who reaped the benefits of the stable, supportive environment of Washington Rowing.

Agree - Rantz's environmental inputs as child would have been Fast Strategy no doubt. Then he goes on to beat Nazis and become a chemical engineer.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    topdawgnc said:

dnc said:

BlastDoor said:

It's great, I forgot that this board has a token black, a token native, a token asian. I can see how I fit in as a token latino. It's like I was born to do this. Now we just need a poly man so we can be a truly multiethnical board.

That used to be @OscarZetaAcosta and then @topdawgnc but I think ICE got them both.

What I'm saying is what your seis amigo.
    Fucking Trump and his fucking war on Messico.

Been having to lay low ....

Hola amigo! I hear Juarez is hermosa this tim of year!
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    BallzDeep said:

The solution to our too many white players problem is more Africans. The Africans that are coming to America and giving birth to baller ass children like the Ngata's and Levi's parents are educated with jobs and provide a stable, two-parent living environment for their children. Therefore, it is more likely that African players fit the OKG profile than regular African American's; many of which come from a single parent household and poor background because the government loves to lock up their fathers instead of all the white drug addicts in the suburbs. In short, more Africans equals more black people that fit the program which equals less white people.

Pretty much.
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The white guys in the photo aren't even big enough to walk on at Bama
  • Options
    TheDawgFan1227TheDawgFan1227 Member Posts: 335
    BallzDeep said:

The solution to our too many white players problem is more Africans. The Africans that are coming to America and giving birth to baller ass children like the Ngata's and Levi's parents are educated with jobs and provide a stable, two-parent living environment for their children. Therefore, it is more likely that African players fit the OKG profile than regular African American's; many of which come from a single parent household and poor background because the government loves to lock up their fathers instead of all the white drug addicts in the suburbs. In short, more Africans equals more black people that fit the program which equals less white people.

We should set up some sort of, maybe a trade, with the countries of these Africans. We can bring the older ones here to reproduce and make good football players. We can provide the older one with food and shelter in the meantime.
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    BallzDeep said:

so your saying we should send bonerpop to recruit africa?
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

BlastDoor said:

My perception from reading this thread is that I'm the only non-white dude on this board.

@ExtraChrisB - etc. We are a quite diverse group for UW fans (given that centering your life around SEA is a prerequisite on some level for being here and the PNW is one of the whitest places in America.
    Fooled by the avatar. I’m whiter, and slower, than a muhfucker.
    DAMMIT. At least you had the good sense to—to some extent—present blackness. We'll call you a Dolzeal. In a positive way.
    Full name is Chris Brown... you’d be amazed how many people’s first reaction is, “but you’re not black?!”

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

dnc said:

BlastDoor said:

Fooled by the avatar. I’m whiter, and slower, than a muhfucker.
    DAMMIT. At least you had the good sense to—to some extent—present blackness. We'll call you a Dolzeal. In a positive way.
    Full name is Chris Brown... you’d be amazed how many people’s first reaction is, “but you’re not black?!”

Too bad we didn't get the CB from Bonny this year. When I was a kid I loved Chris Brown who played 3B for the Giants, then the Padres.

The new Chris Brown is not a favorite.