Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Too White to Win (now enhanced with an evolutionary biology lecture!)

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

Running through the roster, without knowing life stories and all that on all of our guys, I think the only fast strategy white guy I can think of off the top of my head is... Kaleb McGary.

https://seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/uw-lineman-kaleb-mcgary-im-finally-starting-to-see-speckles-of-light-man/

The only other white guys who might be Fast Strategy on the roster are: Gaines, Sosebee, and Kirkland. With no real background story on those guys it is difficult to tell though. I'll let @Dennis_DeYoung point out if I am wrong here since he is the actual expert.

McGary's going to Oregon State where he can hunt everyday.

#FastStrategy
    Exactly why I believe he is fast strategy. Reading the paper it's about budgeting your energy. In the article on McGary it talks about how he was basically a farmer at a young age and hunted at a young age too. He developed quickly and was ready to get to work pronto because he wanted to present himself as a suitable mate to females.

I THINK I GET IT!
    I wasn't saying you're wrong, just a) making fun of Ecklund b) poonting out that even our token fast strategy white is cracker as fuck.
    I was just pontificating on my idea a bit more. I got the shot at Ecklund and appreciate it good sir.

I bet the hunting thing for white kids is equivalent to jewelry or tattoos for black kids from the fast strategy side of things. (AKA... the races aren't different at all, just different interests)
    I doubt this very strongly. Plenty of slow strategy white kids love to hunt. Most white kids learn to hunt from their dads. If it leans one way or the other it leans slow strategy.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Running through the roster, without knowing life stories and all that on all of our guys, I think the only fast strategy white guy I can think of off the top of my head is... Kaleb McGary.

https://seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/uw-lineman-kaleb-mcgary-im-finally-starting-to-see-speckles-of-light-man/

The only other white guys who might be Fast Strategy on the roster are: Gaines, Sosebee, and Kirkland. With no real background story on those guys it is difficult to tell though. I'll let @Dennis_DeYoung point out if I am wrong here since he is the actual expert.

McGary's going to Oregon State where he can hunt everyday.

#FastStrategy
    Exactly why I believe he is fast strategy. Reading the paper it's about budgeting your energy. In the article on McGary it talks about how he was basically a farmer at a young age and hunted at a young age too. He developed quickly and was ready to get to work pronto because he wanted to present himself as a suitable mate to females.

I THINK I GET IT!
    I wasn't saying you're wrong, just a) making fun of Ecklund b) poonting out that even our token fast strategy white is cracker as fuck.
    I was just pontificating on my idea a bit more. I got the shot at Ecklund and appreciate it good sir.

I bet the hunting thing for white kids is equivalent to jewelry or tattoos for black kids from the fast strategy side of things. (AKA... the races aren't different at all, just different interests)
    I doubt this very strongly. Plenty of slow strategy white kids love to hunt. Most white kids learn to hunt from their dads. If it leans one way or the other it leans slow strategy.
    Notice I said from “the fast strategy side of things.” I am just talking from that side, I know there are tons of slow strategy white kids that like hunting and slow strategy black kids that like tattoos and jewelry.

I’ll leave that up to the actual expert to decipher though, I’m just a pretender trying to learn.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Here's a big question, can a black coach do a better job of making the slow strategy approach appeal to black kids? Obviously Bonerpopper and Lake do the best job of bringing in black kids on the staff, but they also recruit the blackest positions. Are they getting black kids because they're black, or because that's the position they recruit? I'm guessing with Lake it's A and Keif it's B. Would a black coach on the DL or LB do a better job getting Fast Strategy kids to buy into Slow Strategy life? Obviously it would have to be the right black coach, but it seems likely the answer is yes.

The next question is how well do poly coaches sell fast strategy to black kids since we have two on our staff and another poised to be promoted?

Final thought - how the fuck did Huff pull Curne from Texas??? That might have been the recruiting job of the year.

I think curne comes from a fairly nice middle class black family that understand what Pete is selling. If curne was from the hood, then a different story. @Tequilla is the high school curne went to in the hood?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I’m pretty sure that’s it.

It’s hard to totally tell on any one kid, but Terrell Bynum isn’t fast.

Also, when Dante Pettis poasts things on social media that say “Light Skin U!” this is why.

It’s actually one reason for ongoing conflict in Black American culture regarding skin tone (though obviously only a few people know about this).

Welcome to 1988
    This is literally what I was thinking of as the reference.
  • Options

dnc said:

Here's a big question, can a black coach do a better job of making the slow strategy approach appeal to black kids? Obviously Bonerpopper and Lake do the best job of bringing in black kids on the staff, but they also recruit the blackest positions. Are they getting black kids because they're black, or because that's the position they recruit? I'm guessing with Lake it's A and Keif it's B. Would a black coach on the DL or LB do a better job getting Fast Strategy kids to buy into Slow Strategy life? Obviously it would have to be the right black coach, but it seems likely the answer is yes.

The next question is how well do poly coaches sell fast strategy to black kids since we have two on our staff and another poised to be promoted?

Final thought - how the fuck did Huff pull Curne from Texas??? That might have been the recruiting job of the year.

I think curne comes from a fairly nice middle class black family that understand what Pete is selling. If curne was from the hood, then a different story. @Tequilla is the high school curne went to in the hood?
    Even so still a hell of a recruiting pull.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,093
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Meant to add my Ty Jones post here. He seems FAST to me. We need some FAST kids at WR.

• Options
    dnc said:

BlastDoor said:

My perception from reading this thread is that I'm the only non-white dude on this board.

Why do you hate @Swaye @RoadDawg55 and @BrickSquad???
    @ExtraChrisB - etc. We are a quite diverse group for UW fans (given that centering your life around SEA is a prerequisite on some level for being here and the PNW is one of the whitest places in America.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,093
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Pretty sure Curne goes to a private school
    SLOW
  • Options

dnc said:

The correct person to ask here is @WilburHooksHands - he's the keeper of all Houston knowledge.
  • Options
    BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

BlastDoor said:

My perception from reading this thread is that I'm the only non-white dude on this board.

We all saw that edit. Racist.
  • Options
    BlastDoor said:

dnc said:

BlastDoor said:

We all saw that edit. Racist.
    they all look alike