Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Myles Jack's Problem with UW Coaches

Comments

• alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858

Yes.

alumni94 said:

Did we really have a chance with Miles? His family and Jim Mora's family were friends when they were both in Atlanta. When he heard Jim Mora was going to be the coach at UCLA, then decision was already made.

So Mora knew the Jack family as far back as 2006?

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    alumni94 said:

Yes.

alumni94 said:

Did we really have a chance with Miles? His family and Jim Mora's family were friends when they were both in Atlanta. When he heard Jim Mora was going to be the coach at UCLA, then decision was already made.

So Mora knew the Jack family as far back as 2006?

Amazing that not one of the local teen boy stockers, or even the more credible national ones, bothered to report this at any point in time during Jack's recruitment.

That's the point. Only a very small percentage of them will make it to the next level. It shouldn't be that big of a deal. For most of the players, choosing their major is a bigger deal since they will need to get a real job in the future.

alumni94 said:

I like to talk shit about 18 year old kids making the biggest decision of their lives. that's what I like to do.

I hope college football is not the biggest decision of their lives. If it is, that is sad.

At that point, college football is the biggest decision of their lives and if they're potentially a great player, that decision will impact them in their professional careers as well.

What major, life decisions were you making at age 18?
    edited November 2013

alumni94 said:

I like to talk shit about 18 year old kids making the biggest decision of their lives. that's what I like to do.

I hope college football is not the biggest decision of their lives. If it is, that is sad.

Picking which college you attend is #1. Apparently you didn't have that luxury, doog.
    I was able to pick.

I think you all don't see the sentence. At the time in a 18 year olds life, college is a big choice.
    But, I hope we would all agree it isn't the biggest decision of their lives. I have had much bigger decisions in my life than my college choice.

I guess you losers have not...
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    Swaye said:

alumni94 said:

At that point, college football is the biggest decision of their lives and if they're potentially a great player, that decision will impact them in their professional careers as well.

I was deciding whether or not to bang out a chick I was pretty sure would give me FULL BLOWN AIDS. I drank until I fell down instead. Alcohol saved my life.
    Should have nailed her.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    For those that closely followed the recruitment of Garnett and Banner, this is the same condescending shit that UW used previously.

Can't believe Sark actually thinks this is a winning approach.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Swaye said:

alumni94 said:

I was deciding whether or not to bang out a chick I was pretty sure would give me FULL BLOWN AIDS. I drank until I fell down instead. Alcohol saved my life.
    Is there any other kind of AIDS? Is there half blown or a quarter blown? Can you get just a touch of the AIDS?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Swaye said:

alumni94 said:

Is there any other kind of AIDS? Is there half blown or a quarter blown? Can you get just a touch of the AIDS?
    yes

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

alumni94 said:

yes

link?
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Passion said:

For those that closely followed the recruitment of Garnett and Banner, this is the same condescending shit that UW used previously.

There's definitely something wrong with Sark's recruiting of big athletic offensive/defensive linemen and linebackers and from the results, it doesn't seem to matter whether the kids are instate or not. He isn't doing well in recruiting the line and linebacker positions from any state.

I find it difficult to believe that UW recruiters are losing recruits with these most important grunt skills simply because their pitch of the program to teenagers is condescending or insulting. I think it's something more endemic to Sark's brand of Husky Football.

I think I read somewhere that Myles Jack had been on our campus many times during the few(or two?) years he'd lived in Bellevue. The local kids in whom the UW has shown interest are I believe likely to know a lot more about Sark's program than we or the mainstream and Internet media. They could be turned off by other things such as position coaches, the weight room, conditioning program, etc. that might lead recruits to believe that the positions they're being recruited to play just aren't as important to Sark and staff as they should be. Whatever, we definitely have a serious problem.

• Dawgs4everDawgs4ever Member Posts: 170
    Tailgater said:

Passion said:

There's definitely something wrong with Sark's recruiting of big athletic offensive/defensive linemen and linebackers and from the results, it doesn't seem to matter whether the kids are instate or not. He isn't doing well in recruiting the line and linebacker positions from any state.

Those types of players don't like to play for pussies.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter
    I never realized it but they really have sucked at recruiting LB's since he has been here. Timu is okay but had to play too early. Feeney should have never had to play LB so early as he was too skinny.

Other than that, there is nobody they have recruited in 5 years that has moved the needle. Gilliard, lyons and that one dude that was kicked out during training camp have been really bad failures.

Hopefully last years class proves us wrong. They were definitely bigger.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

Not sure if serious.

If serious, the script says they will make a splash initially - only to plateau/regress by sophomore year and suddenly seniored thereafter.

If not, wooshed.

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter
    MisterEm said:

Not sure if serious.

If serious, the script says they will make a splash initially - only to plateau/regress by sophomore year and suddenly seniored thereafter.

If not, wooshed.

Hope is of course contingent on a new head coach. I have no faith in the program at the moment to develop anything other than the aforementioned script.

I think you are forgetting the shoulder injuries that come with the youngsters replacing feeney next year after he regresses.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Clearly..... mora should have been the coach if he wanted to recruit the best college player to come out of Washington long before he was the head coach at UCLA. What a fucktarded argument
  • I can just see Mora going up to Myles Jack during pre-game warm ups and grabbing his facemask, peering deep into his eyes in a touching of souls, and shouting: "Myles, we're going to show those motherfuckers just what a great player you are. Every time we get in the friggin' red zone, you're getting the ball!!"

Me too...gives me goose bumps. Wish he was the Seahawk coach

Who is Jim Mora? Does he post here? Never seen him.
    Shaq??

I never realized it but they really have sucked at recruiting LB's since he has been here. Timu is okay but had to play too early. Feeney should have never had to play LB so early as he was too skinny.

Other than that, there is nobody they have recruited in 5 years that has moved the needle. Gilliard, lyons and that one dude that was kicked out during training camp have been really bad failures.

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    alumni94 said:

Shaq??

Solid LB but still undersized. Not a world beater - yet.

I am still disappointed in the poor angles he's taken this year after his freshman year.