Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What would have Jake Locker been like under Petersen?

Comments

• Options
    Intersectional_DawgIntersectional_Dawg Member Posts: 524
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    He would've been pretty good.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

Jake would have been a great fullback or linebacker if he were tough. He wasn't tough though. My guess is he would have been a frustrating QB with tons of physical potential but no brains. Kinda like he was under Sark.

I disagree that he wasn't tough. He played through plenty of pain and injuries. He was just injury prone. That's different than being not tough, IMO.
    I think he was tough until he broke his hand. Never got any kind of sense of toughness or grit from him after that. The "I don't see anything" moment kinda cemented my view of his toughness or lack thereof. That was a scared kid moment which is exactly what he played like by that stage of his career.

I think he was too big to play safety and would have been an ilb on defense. Being prone to injury, and not real gritty at least in my assessment, would have kept him from being real good at it.
    MKG
    Even grandpa sankey could see that the dumb fuck's helmet was pulled down over his eyes.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,408
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

chuck said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

Jake would have been a great fullback or linebacker if he were tough. He wasn't tough though. My guess is he would have been a frustrating QB with tons of physical potential but no brains. Kinda like he was under Sark.

I disagree that he wasn't tough. He played through plenty of pain and injuries. He was just injury prone. That's different than being not tough, IMO.
    I think he was tough until he broke his hand. Never got any kind of sense of toughness or grit from him after that. The "I don't see anything" moment kinda cemented my view of his toughness or lack thereof. That was a scared kid moment which is exactly what he played like by that stage of his career.

I think he was too big to play safety and would have been an ilb on defense. Being prone to injury, and not real gritty at least in my assessment, would have kept him from being real good at it.
    MKG
    Even grandpa sankey could see that the dumb fuck's helmet was pulled down over his eyes.
    ChuckHIV!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Too bad that's Cyler Miles
    That 5th WTF felt so satisfying...

Talk about Internet bullying ...

Love the Conforto celebration though
  • Options

I'll never get the Locker hate, but for Christ's sake, if you've been paying any attention at all to the last three years then you know the whole fucking team would have been much better.

It's why I don't understand the Locker hate and why this is even really a question ...

Locker had all the tools necessary to be a good QB ...

He never really was in a great position from a development, coaching, or team position to grow into a truly elite level player.

I don't blame him one bit for walking away from the NFL ... if you aren't 100% in ... then you should be 100% out.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,070
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Locker was and is a pussy.

But the hate comes from allowing himself to be used to keep Ty
  • Options

Locker was and is a pussy.

But the hate comes from allowing himself to be used to keep Ty

Very interested in your last comment ... please elaborate
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Locker is in the same IQ range as Jeremiah Masoli, maybe a bit dumber. Since QBs need grey matter to succeed, I'm not sure he would have done well in Chip Kelly's offense.
  • Options
    AZDuck said:

Locker is in the same IQ range as Jeremiah Masoli, maybe a bit dumber. Since QBs need grey matter to succeed, I'm not sure he would have done well in Chip Kelly's offense.

Mastoli! Roflmao!
  • Options

AZDuck said:

Mastoli! Roflmao!
    Hide your lap top!
    I bet he tried to smoke it first!!1!
  • Options

Tequilla said:

I'll never get the Locker hate, but for Christ's sake, if you've been paying any attention at all to the last three years then you know the whole fucking team would have been much better.

It's why I don't understand the Locker hate and why this is even really a question ...

He never really was in a great position from a development, coaching, or team position to grow into a truly elite level player.

I don't blame him one bit for walking away from the NFL ... if you aren't 100% in ... then you should be 100% out.
    He had all the tools except he was not smart and he was not accurate. Both can be improved with coaching, but on some level he was lacking naturally in both those areas.
    Listening to players from the 70s they'd tell you that Terry Bradshaw was beyond stupid ...

I don't think you have to be a Mensa to be a good QB ... sometimes those that are smarter can get into ruts where they overthink things (something I am guilty of from time to time). Sometimes ignorance can be bliss where you just go and aren't slowed down by excess thought.

It'll obviously never be proven one way or another but I can envision where Locker would have been a very good QB at UW and very good NFL QB. Talent by itself doesn't get you everywhere. Locker had it. But a lot of other things for one reason or another were not where they needed to be.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

He had all the tools except he was not smart and he was not accurate. Both can be improved with coaching, but on some level he was lacking naturally in both those areas.
    Listening to players from the 70s they'd tell you that Terry Bradshaw was beyond stupid ...

I don't think you have to be a Mensa to be a good QB ... sometimes those that are smarter can get into ruts where they overthink things (something I am guilty of from time to time). Sometimes ignorance can be bliss where you just go and aren't slowed down by excess thought.

It'll obviously never be proven one way or another but I can envision where Locker would have been a very good QB at UW and very good NFL QB. Talent by itself doesn't get you everywhere. Locker had it. But a lot of other things for one reason or another were not where they needed to be.
    Just get out there and #ripit?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Football was a lot different in the 1970s than in the 2000s.

Also, water is wet.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Just get out there and #ripit?
    Bradshaw had good instincts .. to go along with a team full of hall of fame players on both sides of the ball and hall of fame coaching on the sidelines. #STEELCURTAIN