Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What would have Jake Locker been like under Petersen?

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,527 Founders Club

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Babushka would be his position coach. So....., probably marginally better. This year will tell us if babushka is a decent position coach - if jake takes that next step in his development
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Same mom, so...

also, same dad (1 of 2)

Maybe Peterman would have been smart enough to play him at safety.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

chuck said:

Jake would have been a great fullback or linebacker if he were tough. He wasn't tough though. My guess is he would have been a frustrating QB with tons of physical potential but no brains. Kinda like he was under Sark.

I disagree that he wasn't tough. He played through plenty of pain and injuries. He was just injury prone. That's different than being not tough, IMO.
    Under Socha he might have been less injury prone
    Perhaps, but IIRC Jake wasn't tearing ligaments so much as breaking bones. Not sure there's anything a strength coach can do about that, perhaps there is.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    I think Peterman would have either used him like Nebraska did Taylor Martinez - pure running qb - or switched him to the defensive secondary. Kid had great instincts carrying the ball.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited April 2017

Better.

The fact he was drafted and played in the NFL means he had some skill. So fuck all this defense shit! Under Pete he may have been a great college QB. I myself wondered what he would have done st Florida or Oregon
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Hard to say Locker would have been taken higher in the NFL Draft ... but he certainly would have been better

If you put a better developed Locker with the kind of talent this year's team had you have a legit Nationsl Championship caliber team
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tequilla said:

Hard to say Locker would have been taken higher in the NFL Draft ... but he certainly would have been better

If you put a better developed Locker with the kind of talent this year's team had you have a legit Nationsl Championship caliber team

This might be your worst post ever.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

Why am I wrong?

Your football knowledge is beyond suspect
  • AlkidawgAlkidawg Member Posts: 133

Tequilla said:

Certainly one of the shortest.
    STLDR
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club