Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What would have Jake Locker been like under Petersen?

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Too bad that's Cyler Miles
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

chuck said:

Jake would have been a great fullback or linebacker if he were tough. He wasn't tough though. My guess is he would have been a frustrating QB with tons of physical potential but no brains. Kinda like he was under Sark.

I disagree that he wasn't tough. He played through plenty of pain and injuries. He was just injury prone. That's different than being not tough, IMO.
    I think he was tough until he broke his hand. Never got any kind of sense of toughness or grit from him after that. The "I don't see anything" moment kinda cemented my view of his toughness or lack thereof. That was a scared kid moment which is exactly what he played like by that stage of his career.

I think he was too big to play safety and would have been an ilb on defense. Being prone to injury, and not real gritty at least in my assessment, would have kept him from being real good at it.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

Are we still pretending Browning didn't have a massive break out season, ended the Oregon streak, ended the desert streak, had a 99 QBR in the biggest home game in 25 years, played injured and through intense pain the last 1/3 of the year, and broke or tied several Pac-12 records?

I can't tell if the Browning hate on here is serious or not. As a true junior this year I expect him to dominate.

O'Doyle rules.

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    edited April 2017

Gladstone said:

Are we still pretending Browning didn't have a massive break out season, ended the Oregon streak, ended the desert streak, had a 99 QBR in the biggest home game in 25 years, played injured and through intense pain the last 1/3 of the year, and broke or tied several Pac-12 records?

I can't tell if the Browning hate on here is serious or not. As a true junior this year I expect him to dominate.

O'Doyle rules.

• UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    Doogles said:

Gladstone said:

O'Doyle rules.

Fuck we were right there! Because you were actually there this probably personalizes the anger, but I remember watching this drive thinking let's get the fuck out of this half and run the rock.

Just like the 1-yard interception in the super bowl, I put this play more on the coaching than Browning.
    Agreed the play call was unnecessary, but Jake could have looked at Gaskin at got an easy first down, too.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911
    edited April 2017
    Gladstone said:

McPoyle's rule.

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Hard to say Locker would have been taken higher in the NFL Draft ... but he certainly would have been better

If you put a better developed Locker with the kind of talent this year's team had you have a legit Nationsl Championship caliber team

This might be your worst post ever.
    Why am I wrong?

Your football knowledge is beyond suspect
    Jake Locker had shit accuracy.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Whatsinthecup.gif
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Hard to say Locker would have been taken higher in the NFL Draft ... but he certainly would have been better

If you put a better developed Locker with the kind of talent this year's team had you have a legit Nationsl Championship caliber team

This might be your worst post ever.
    Why am I wrong?

Your football knowledge is beyond suspect
    Jake Locker had shit accuracy.
    He was streaky with his accuracy would be a better way to put it. When he completed a few early he could get in the zone and throw darts.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

You must be new here. You should lurk around a bit and get a feel for the boards. If you have any questions just shoot @IrishDawg a PM because he has this place dialed in.
  • DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 610
    Surprised the browninghugginglocker.gif hasn't been deployed in this thread - maybe the best photoshop work Race has ever done
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,016 Founders Club
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839