Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Copy and paste hilarious doog pro-Romar comments here

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

It's all Romar's fault.

Undoogified.
    woosh? it was a c+p
    I know
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

It's all Romar's fault.

Undoogified.
    woosh? it was a c+p
    I know
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

purpledawgfan wrote:
    Kim, as a fan who isn't really following the nuances of Husky Basketball, why should I be excited about next season?

You should be excited for the off season and next season as well. Even losing the three guys they did, they'll still be very good. Seeing what they add is intriguing as well

Ahh yes. Every doogs favorite part of sports is the offseason. We should probably just start going to 12 months of offseason each year.

Bump

Can someone not blocked by that faggot retweet this to him?
  • Options
    RomarFuckedJenCRomarFuckedJenC Member Posts: 117
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Came across this gem.

Dream staff (at least for trying to save this recruiting class) for UW if Romar leaves is Roy as head coach and MPS, and Conroy assistants

• Options
    dnc said:

Came across this gem.

Dream staff (at least for trying to save this recruiting class) for UW if Romar leaves is Roy as head coach and MPS, and Conroy assistants

Prioritizing recruits over coaching is chapter 1 of the doog handbook.
    Yea nothing like a dream staff consisting of a first year high school basketball coach. My dream staff would be artem Wallace and wolfinger maybe appleby is available.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

dnc said:

Came across this gem.

Yea nothing like a dream staff consisting of a first year high school basketball coach. My dream staff would be artem Wallace and wolfinger maybe appleby is available.
    Mike Jensen or die
  • Options

dnc said:

Came across this gem.

Mike Jensen or die
    Jensen would be drunk sark 2.0. Maybe and it's a big maybe if he still has the bleached hair I would accept that.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

Came across this gem.

Mike Jensen or die
    Jensen would be drunk sark 2.0. Maybe and it's a big maybe if he still has the bleached hair I would accept that.
    We suck at free throws now, may as well suck at lay-ups too
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I don't see the downside of giving Romar another year, and probably two (assuming that they stay reasonably healthy and at bare minimum make the tourney next year or if once again there is a mass exodus of players)

If two years down the road, 4 years into his rebuilding project, his teams (now with a solid group of veterans) still underperform, show inconsistent effort n are no better than 9-9 in conference then he should go.

There is some talent, but it's too young to rely on for wins in a tough conference.

Johnson, Dickerson, Crisp and Thybulle have shown enough in stretches to make me think that they will be good players next year and potentially very good in two years.

Timmons will be good in 2 years.

In two years

J Porter (F) -maybe other top recruits also-

Davis, Harris, Nowell (So)

Johnson, Timmons (J)

Thybulle, Crisp, Dickerson (Sen)

That's great roster balance and order is restored (again though only if everyone stays..if lots transfer then blow it up)

Firing Romar now means we lose the incoming class plus J Porter so that's easily two or three years of poor teams, but only if UW picks the right coach. Pick the wrong one and it's 5-7 years of getting pissed on.

To me, it's worth risking 1-2 years of more of the same to see if Romar can turn it around as opposed to knowing that we'll be terrible for 2-3 years..maybe longer if we pick the wrong successor and even worse we never get back to even challenging for a tournament spot for the next 10-15 years...

3Likes
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

I don't see the downside of giving Romar another year, and probably two (assuming that they stay reasonably healthy and at bare minimum make the tourney next year or if once again there is a mass exodus of players)

If two years down the road, 4 years into his rebuilding project, his teams (now with a solid group of veterans) still underperform, show inconsistent effort n are no better than 9-9 in conference then he should go.

There is some talent, but it's too young to rely on for wins in a tough conference.

Johnson, Dickerson, Crisp and Thybulle have shown enough in stretches to make me think that they will be good players next year and potentially very good in two years.

In two years

Johnson, Timmons (J)

That's great roster balance and order is restored (again though only if everyone stays..if lots transfer then blow it up)

Firing Romar now means we lose the incoming class plus J Porter so that's easily two or three years of poor teams, but only if UW picks the right coach. Pick the wrong one and it's 5-7 years of getting pissed on.

To me, it's worth risking 1-2 years of more of the same to see if Romar can turn it around as opposed to knowing that we'll be terrible for 2-3 years..maybe longer if we pick the wrong successor and even worse we never get back to even challenging for a tournament spot for the next 10-15 years...

3Likes

Names, I need names
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946
    Gladstone said:

In two years

Johnson, Timmons (J)

3Likes

So....with the #1 point guard/#3 overall recruit in the country (he gone, by the way), PotatoHead is staring straight at an 11th or 12th place finish in the conference.

You're argument is with the #1 power forward/#5 overall recruit in the country (he gone after one year, by the way), PotatoHead is miraculously going to instill a winning culture and attitude and vault to national prominence.

Genius.

Da fuq that is going to happen. If anything some more of the current squad transfers out and the dumpster fire gets worse.

Those recruits are bound by their LOI. They can sit out a year and transfer or they can suck it up and play for the new guy. There is no obligation for the UW to release them.

Roll the dice and get someone who can coach.

• Options

Gladstone said:

In two years

Johnson, Timmons (J)

3Likes

So....with the #1 point guard/#3 overall recruit in the country (he gone, by the way), PotatoHead is staring straight at an 11th or 12th place finish in the conference.

You're argument is with the #1 power forward/#5 overall recruit in the country (he gone after one year, by the way), PotatoHead is miraculously going to instill a winning culture and attitude and vault to national prominence.

Genius.

Da fuq that is going to happen. If anything some more of the current squad transfers out and the dumpster fire gets worse.

Those recruits are bound by their LOI. They can sit out a year and transfer or they can suck it up and play for the new guy. There is no obligation for the UW to release them.

Roll the dice and get someone who can coach.

Lulz
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,897
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Yup. I discussed this with @loadsock after the 2016 drubbing by Arizona in Tucson. It will take two poor seasons to get these fools to see what even many Doogs admit now. You might need back to back 10 win seasons to get rid of him. If the contract wasn't so stupid, maybe just one.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,149
    The guy now has a protected profile where only followers can read his tweets. I'll just assume he's mentally handicapped since no one is as obtuse as he is.

Either way, standard doog echo chamber tactic of ignoring critics because you have an agenda
  • Options
    MelloDawg said:

The guy now has a protected profile where only followers can read his tweets. I'll just assume he's mentally handicapped since no one is as obtuse as he is.

Either way, standard doog echo chamber tactic of ignoring critics because you have an agenda

Thanks for reading, Jimmy!
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Lorenzo Romar is a coach the University should keep. He is everything you want in a coach. Unfortunately for Lorenzo and the basketball program injuries are a big problem, top recruits head off to the NBA early and succeed. His top coaches all get plucked away and sign with other schools. From what I have seen Coach Romar has had to fight through a lot adversity, lost talent, coaching changes. The UW would do best by keeping Coach Romar.