Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Elon Musk is a fraud...

Comments

• Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2016

2001400ex said:

Yet Tesla paid off the government loan 9 years early. I'm sure you had some whacked out conservative bullshit point. But no one else but Race sees what it is.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-05-22/tesla-pays-off-its-465-million-loser-loan

PS: Race doesn't really understand anything, he just chimes in to call "liberals" ignorant.

Thank you for displaying your ignorance on the matter by not getting the point.

Its isn't that they paid it off (by issuing more stock I'm sure...)...the point is they were given a loan by the govt (not by Musk) as if they were an iron-clad safe investment and not a high-risk venture, so the govt had almost no chance to make money while they had every chance to lose. Just like they did with billions of $$ lost in green energy bankruptcies so far.

Only HondoFS would think it makes sense for the govt to make 2.6% on the same investment Musk made 3,600% (in part by leveraging the almost free money off of the govt)...

Add to the fact Elon has taken an estimated $5 billion from the govt to prop up his businesses, and that with that money he's been able to survive with this cool feature CNBC and NYU have been touting recently...its called cash burn.

FS...

The point of the program was to give below market financing to help influence investment in the industry, not earn a return for the taxpayer. You fucking fat Texan idiot.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,579
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

2001400ex said:

Yet Tesla paid off the government loan 9 years early. I'm sure you had some whacked out conservative bullshit point. But no one else but Race sees what it is.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-05-22/tesla-pays-off-its-465-million-loser-loan

PS: Race doesn't really understand anything, he just chimes in to call "liberals" ignorant.

Its isn't that they paid it off (by issuing more stock I'm sure...)...the point is they were given a loan by the govt (not by Musk) as if they were an iron-clad safe investment and not a high-risk venture, so the govt had almost no chance to make money while they had every chance to lose. Just like they did with billions of $$ lost in green energy bankruptcies so far.

Only HondoFS would think it makes sense for the govt to make 2.6% on the same investment Musk made 3,600% (in part by leveraging the almost free money off of the govt)...

Add to the fact Elon has taken an estimated $5 billion from the govt to prop up his businesses, and that with that money he's been able to survive with this cool feature CNBC and NYU have been touting recently...its called cash burn.

FS...

The point of the program was to give below market financing to help influence investment in the industry, not earn a return for the taxpayer. You fucking fat Texan idiot.
    How did that work out you powder blue faggot?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    money.cnn.com/2016/05/04/news/companies/tesla-earnings/

Not only was it morally wrong for them to take money that didn't belong to them in the first place and lend it without permission, it didn't work.

I have a better solution for resource scarcity. People like ballbag, hondo and OZONE should kill themselves. With AR-15s. Make the world a better place.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

FS...

Well you purple pansy, not well. But that's not the point...houstontequilla feels the biggest issue is not charging market rates when it wasn't meant to in the first place.

Stay out of finance topics race, your bankruptcy failures prove you're clueless here.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

2001400ex said:

FS...

Well you purple pansy, not well. But that's not the point...houstontequilla feels the biggest issue is not charging market rates when it wasn't meant to in the first place.

Stay out of finance topics race, your bankruptcy failures prove you're clueless here.
    If I had any bankruptcies I could run for President.

the point Houston made that sailed over your head like a Rosen pass into the arms of an A&M defender is that the government has no place in picking winners especially when they back losers. Your original sophomoric yet cliched reply indicated your lack of though on the issue. Typical Bruin who couldn't get into USC
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Shouldn't efficiency drive investment decisions instead of political contributions to gain interest rates/terms favorable to the political donor?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

FS...

the point Houston made that sailed over your head like a Rosen pass into the arms of an A&M defender is that the government has no place in picking winners especially when they back losers. Your original sophomoric yet cliched reply indicated your lack of though on the issue. Typical Bruin who couldn't get into USC
    Houston's point went out the window when Tesla paid the government back in full 9 years early.

Not to mention his point was FS to begin with.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    doogie said:

Shouldn't efficiency drive investment decisions instead of political contributions to gain interest rates/terms favorable to the political donor?

Yes but as I pointed out, ballfag doesn't get it.

At all
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

FS...

Houston's point went out the window when Tesla paid the government back in full 9 years early.

No. And thanks for reminding us once again, his salient point sailed right over your head.
  • Options
    doogie said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

FS...

No. And thanks for reminding us once again, his salient point sailed right over your head.
    Like Race,, all you got is the 2nd grade answer of. "No you are wrong. Cause I said so, that's why".
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

Ozone gives me credit for every saying

Not every saying. Just the ones that have become worn out cliches used by your minions.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    OZONE. Pressing badly. Every thread.
    And pressing harder. Every post.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

FS...

That didn't sail over my head Race, you pathetic fat real estate failure. the point i was responding too was that the government should charge VC interest rates (because he read something on zero hedge that said so).

No go grab your carpet laying box. Fag.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

2001400ex said:

FS...

That didn't sail over my head Race, you pathetic fat real estate failure. the point i was responding too was that the government should charge VC interest rates (because he read something on zero hedge that said so).

You seem angry.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

FS...

You seem angry.
    And stupid
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

FS...

You seem angry.
    *Sound
  • Options
    edited September 2016

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

FS...

You seem angry.
    And stupid
    You mean like bankrupting myself by failing at real estate? That kind of stupid?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

FS...

You seem angry.
    And stupid
    You mean like bankrupting myself by failing at real estate? That kind of stupid?
    No. You're wrong

And stupid
  • Options

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

FS...

You seem angry.
    And stupid
    No. You're wrong

And stupid
    Liar and a Failure. Really set the world on fire there, huh Race?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

FS...

You seem angry.
    And stupid
    No. You're wrong

And stupid
    Liar and a Failure. Really set the world on fire there, huh Race?
    Yes I have as a matter of fact. Thank you for noticing