Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Elon Musk is a fraud...

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

Yet Tesla paid off the government loan 9 years early. I'm sure you had some whacked out conservative bullshit point. But no one else but Race sees what it is.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-05-22/tesla-pays-off-its-465-million-loser-loan

PS: Race doesn't really understand anything, he just chimes in to call "liberals" ignorant.

Thank you for displaying your ignorance on the matter by not getting the point.

Its isn't that they paid it off (by issuing more stock I'm sure...)...the point is they were given a loan by the govt (not by Musk) as if they were an iron-clad safe investment and not a high-risk venture, so the govt had almost no chance to make money while they had every chance to lose. Just like they did with billions of $$ lost in green energy bankruptcies so far.

Only HondoFS would think it makes sense for the govt to make 2.6% on the same investment Musk made 3,600% (in part by leveraging the almost free money off of the govt)...

Add to the fact Elon has taken an estimated $5 billion from the govt to prop up his businesses, and that with that money he's been able to survive with this cool feature CNBC and NYU have been touting recently...its called cash burn.

FS...

The point of the program was to give below market financing to help influence investment in the industry, not earn a return for the taxpayer. You fucking fat Texan idiot.
    How did that work out you powder blue faggot?
    Well you purple pansy, not well. But that's not the point...houstontequilla feels the biggest issue is not charging market rates when it wasn't meant to in the first place.

Stay out of finance topics race, your bankruptcy failures prove you're clueless here.
    If I had any bankruptcies I could run for President.

the point Houston made that sailed over your head like a Rosen pass into the arms of an A&M defender is that the government has no place in picking winners especially when they back losers. Your original sophomoric yet cliched reply indicated your lack of though on the issue. Typical Bruin who couldn't get into USC
    That didn't sail over my head Race, you pathetic fat real estate failure. the point i was responding too was that the government should charge VC interest rates (because he read something on zero hedge that said so).

No go grab your carpet laying box. Fag.
    You seem angry.
    And stupid
    You mean like bankrupting myself by failing at real estate? That kind of stupid?
    Such faggotry.

Trump avoided personal bankruptcy, kept large stakes in those businesses, and came out of Chapter 11 reorganization bankruptcies personally unscathed after being billions in debt. Other famous "stupid" people who filed bankruptcy: Henry Ford, Walt Disney, Abraham Lincoln, Oscar Wilde, Milton Hershey, Charles Goodyear, Samuel Clemens (aka Mark Twain), Thomas Paine, and Ulysses S. Grant.

Idiots. All of them. Right.
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

PurpleJ said:

2001400ex said:

Yet Tesla paid off the government loan 9 years early. I'm sure you had some whacked out conservative bullshit point. But no one else but Race sees what it is.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-05-22/tesla-pays-off-its-465-million-loser-loan

PS: Race doesn't really understand anything, he just chimes in to call "liberals" ignorant.

Thank you for displaying your ignorance on the matter by not getting the point.

Its isn't that they paid it off (by issuing more stock I'm sure...)...the point is they were given a loan by the govt (not by Musk) as if they were an iron-clad safe investment and not a high-risk venture, so the govt had almost no chance to make money while they had every chance to lose. Just like they did with billions of $$ lost in green energy bankruptcies so far.

Only HondoFS would think it makes sense for the govt to make 2.6% on the same investment Musk made 3,600% (in part by leveraging the almost free money off of the govt)...

Add to the fact Elon has taken an estimated $5 billion from the govt to prop up his businesses, and that with that money he's been able to survive with this cool feature CNBC and NYU have been touting recently...its called cash burn.

FS...

The point of the program was to give below market financing to help influence investment in the industry, not earn a return for the taxpayer. You fucking fat Texan idiot.
    How did that work out you powder blue faggot?
    Well you purple pansy, not well. But that's not the point...houstontequilla feels the biggest issue is not charging market rates when it wasn't meant to in the first place.

Stay out of finance topics race, your bankruptcy failures prove you're clueless here.
    If I had any bankruptcies I could run for President.

the point Houston made that sailed over your head like a Rosen pass into the arms of an A&M defender is that the government has no place in picking winners especially when they back losers. Your original sophomoric yet cliched reply indicated your lack of though on the issue. Typical Bruin who couldn't get into USC
    That didn't sail over my head Race, you pathetic fat real estate failure. the point i was responding too was that the government should charge VC interest rates (because he read something on zero hedge that said so).

No go grab your carpet laying box. Fag.
    You seem angry.
    And stupid
    You mean like bankrupting myself by failing at real estate? That kind of stupid?
    Such faggotry.

Trump avoided personal bankruptcy, kept large stakes in those businesses, and came out of Chapter 11 reorganization bankruptcies personally unscathed after being billions in debt. Other famous "stupid" people who filed bankruptcy: Henry Ford, Walt Disney, Abraham Lincoln, Oscar Wilde, Milton Hershey, Charles Goodyear, Samuel Clemens (aka Mark Twain), Thomas Paine, and Ulysses S. Grant.

Idiots. All of them. Right.
    I'm not referring to Trump.

HTH
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,957
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Man...the three amigo stupid is strong in this thread...

a) Its stupid to prop up industries that cannot sustain themselves. We've spend hundreds of billions with basically no measurable impact on "renewable" energy sources. Think about that for a second. I'd hope anyone with a Laureate degree or a Trump U degree would even realize that a pretty fucking large failure, even by Federal Govt standards.

b) but IF you do want to prop up an industry pretty much anyone with an IQ over the speed limit would know you do it on the demand side and not the supply side (i.e. you say we'll give money back to anyone that buys an electric car and let the market work on the supply side, not we'll pick one guy and prop him up with billions in hopes that he makes it work, and if he bankrupts his company 'cause he wants to bail his cousin out on his own failed company than who am I to judge.)

And HondoFS...mad props to you. You still don't get it yet you keep posting and posting. Takes courage.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

a) Its stupid to prop up industries that cannot sustain themselves. We've spend hundreds of billions with basically no measurable impact on "renewable" energy sources. Think about that for a second. I'd hope anyone with a Laureate degree or a Trump U degree would even realize that a pretty fucking large failure, even by Federal Govt standards.

b) but IF you do want to prop up an industry pretty much anyone with an IQ over the speed limit would know you do it on the demand side and not the supply side (i.e. you say we'll give money back to anyone that buys an electric car and let the market work on the supply side, not we'll pick one guy and prop him up with billions in hopes that he makes it work, and if he bankrupts his company 'cause he wants to bail his cousin out on his own failed company than who am I to judge.)

And HondoFS...mad props to you. You still don't get it yet you keep posting and posting. Takes courage.

The business can't sustain itself so much that it paid the debt off NINE years early.

And if you recall, we did the supply side as well, it was called cash for clunkers. Not to mention you got tax credits for buying an electric vehicle.

Any more rants?
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    No rant, just a reminder you're one stupid mother fucker.
  • Options
    doogie said:

No rant, just a reminder you're one stupid mother fucker.

From the dude who offers no analysis and copies Race's schtick of "you are wrong cause I said you are."
  • Options
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

The business can't sustain itself so much that it paid the debt off NINE years early.

And if you recall, we did the supply side as well, it was called cash for clunkers. Not to mention you got tax credits for buying an electric vehicle.

Any more rants?
    Like I said...mad props.

Simple question...how much total profit has Tesla made?
  • Options

2001400ex said:

Any more rants?
    Like I said...mad props.

I'm curious to hear your analysis of this.

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/tsla/financials?query=income-statement
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Any more rants?
    Like I said...mad props.

Yup...lost billions. I'm sure you had a point?
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Any more rants?
    Like I said...mad props.

Do you know what research and development is and how it works?

Honestly it's embarrassing you even commented like that. But not surprising.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Any more rants?
    Like I said...mad props.

Do you know what research and development is and how it works?

Honestly it's embarrassing you even commented like that. But not surprising.
    Let me guess...you figured out the difference between gross and net profit and figured out you needed to change your tune (again).

Only problem is, now you seem to be arguing pouring money you aren't making into R&D fighting the laws of thermodynamics is somehow a low-risk proposition deserving of a 3% interest rate (with no equity stake). How did spending billions in R&D like that work out for the likes of Fisker Automotive, Solyndra (and dozens more solar companies), or heck even companies like Theranos, etc.? Is your new argument that all R&D spending is a guaranteed return and has no risk?

Like I said...mad props to you. You're an effin moron, but you've at least got the balls to put it out to display for the world to see...
  • Options
    If the core raw material needed for manufacture of technology is in such short supply as to not be scalable, how does this effect future projected revenue streams and profitability?
  • Options
    WeAreAFatLesboSchoolWeAreAFatLesboSchool Guest Posts: 736
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2016
    OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

OZONE said:

PurpleJ said:

Elon Musk creates cool shit.

It's too bad he has to steal from people to do so.
    You mean like all of the military contractors creating weapons that the Military doesn't want? Are those military contractors every paying us back?
    Changing the subject already?

I expect nothing less from a mental midget.
    The subject is stealing from taxpayers.

That is what the military contractors and their shills in congress are doing.

Where is your outrage?

I guess I shouldn't expect any from a hypocrite.
    Logical fallacy much?

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Every tug tavern thread:
    Hondo/Ozone spreading 80% garbage while making a decent point every once in a while.
    Race Bannon chiming in calling people dumb while offering no substance of his own
  • Options
    doogie said:

Shouldn't efficiency drive investment decisions instead of political contributions to gain interest rates/terms favorable to the political donor?

yes. and no one loves crony capitalism more than the beloved "small government" conservative republicans
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

doogie said:

Shouldn't efficiency drive investment decisions instead of political contributions to gain interest rates/terms favorable to the political donor?

yes. and no one loves crony capitalism more than the beloved "small government" conservative republicans
    And progressives....
  • Options

dhdawg said:

doogie said:

And progressives....
    not saying they don't. But you can't make threads bitching about how Hillary is going to bail someone out when republicans were first in line to support the banker bailouts in 2007 and are as ozone pointed out, always doing their best to line the pockets of the defense contractors spending money for military shit that we don't fucking need