Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to Jennifer Cohen

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club
    It's not about using this board as a barometer. It's about listening to the vast amount of smarts and savvy we have here.

But I wrote the original post in jest, knowing that Cohen has stated she hates HardcoreHusky.com. Of course she's never going to use it as a resource.
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

It's not about using this board as a barometer. It's about listening to the vast amount of smarts and savvy we have here.

But I wrote the original post in jest, knowing that Cohen has stated she hates HardcoreHusky.com. Of course she's never going to use it as a resource.

Sounds like she is only reading the poasts where we talk about her sloppy tits.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,314

Has she actually mentioned this bored? FREE PUB!!!1!1
    The AD shouldn't like us, the AD should fear us and our outrageous ideas about win or GTFO. Like every bullshit corporation, the AD wants to do nothing and hope that the market accepts it (IE ticket sales). If we have the fans we have the leverage. The question is do we want to appeal to the masses more to grow our leverage? I think that's what we're talking about.
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,105 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Just saying that there's more than 81% BS out here and the stuff that goes off the rails goes so far off the rails that there's no way that the AD is going to pay attention to the good suggestions that are made by this site ...

That's the point I was trying to make to DJ regarding whether this site was a hobby board versus a serious board. If you want the AD to take you seriously when you have thoughts/ideas, you probably should act in a way consistent with that. Nobody is going to act in their place of employment the way that they act here as you'd never be taken seriously.

I acted exactly like I act here for 23 years in the Army. Was quite successful by all metrics I'm aware of
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    koopdog said:

Tequilla said:

Just saying that there's more than 81% BS out here and the stuff that goes off the rails goes so far off the rails that there's no way that the AD is going to pay attention to the good suggestions that are made by this site ...

That's the point I was trying to make to DJ regarding whether this site was a hobby board versus a serious board. If you want the AD to take you seriously when you have thoughts/ideas, you probably should act in a way consistent with that. Nobody is going to act in their place of employment the way that they act here as you'd never be taken seriously.

I acted exactly like I act here for 23 years in the Army. Was quite successful by all metrics I'm aware of
    Thank you for you're service. Your truly a great American and *we owe you a debt of gratitude.

Now shut the fuck up and stop hijacking posts!!!!
  • SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,105 Swaye's Wigwam
    CaptainPJ said:

koopdog said:

Tequilla said:

Thank you for you're service. Your truly a great American and *we owe you a debt of gratitude.

Now shut the fuck up and stop hijacking posts!!!!
    It's what I do. Eat a bowl of dicks.
    Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

In no way am I suggesting being Chest or the HFP ...

What I am saying is that you can be critical without going 5 miles over the line ... and let's be honest, there are some on this site that have no problem going way over the line.

They've gone over the line since Gerberding. That's half the reason people act like this. Treat football in a (vomit) SEC, Texas (the state), or Michigan/ the OSU way, where it's a priority, and people will be happy..
    Texas is in the middle of this right now with Charlie Strong and how they handled the end of Mack Brown ...

Michigan got tired of hearing about how bad Lloyd Carr was and spent the better part of a decade unwinding from that mistake.

BS happens everywhere ... but it's been a while since the UW program has been run well.

Biggest problem I see is that there are some that are holding the program to standards that it has never achieved.
    The problem you don't see, or chose to ignore, is many on this board are holding the program to standards it consistently achieved: winning and contending for confrence championships. Major Bowl Apperances. Final rankings in the Top-20 and occasionally real shots at National Championships.

Jen Cohen can hate HH and write us off as crass hate filled morons. She can point to the picture of her taken with Don James. But if she doesn't deliver the results represented by the man in that photo she, just like the rest of you Doogs, is a fraud.

Solid poast. I am admittedly more doogish than some on hear but not when it comes to the administration of Husky athletics as I have railed upon on the poddings.

There's always a reason behind vitriol and anger if you care to drill down. HHBs can be dogmatic. But there's logic behind the dogma. And it's not hard to find.

Make football the most important thing at the UW. reward performance. Get rid of slackers. Run it like a business not a rainbow coalition. It's not a social experiment. Fuck the pussies. Go see the Seahawks admins for advice. They get it.

Fuck @puppylove_sugarsteel could do better.

How is this hard?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Show us your tits and all will be forgiven.

Are you talking to @Cohen12 or Derek?
    You're better than this.
    I did edit it with something similar to abundance. In my defense.
    In your defense, our people gave your people horse blankets a couple centuries ago and you're still devastated by that incident.
    I'm going to need reparations and a trigger warning for that comment. I accept beads as payment.

I assume slightly used anal beads are sufficient.
    I wasn't aware there are any other kind of beads.
    It ranges from new anal beads to slightly used anal beads to anal beads that spend more time in than out.
    Anal Beads Superioty Guy
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    koopdog said:

Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

What I am saying is that you can be critical without going 5 miles over the line ... and let's be honest, there are some on this site that have no problem going way over the line.

They've gone over the line since Gerberding. That's half the reason people act like this. Treat football in a (vomit) SEC, Texas (the state), or Michigan/ the OSU way, where it's a priority, and people will be happy..
    Texas is in the middle of this right now with Charlie Strong and how they handled the end of Mack Brown ...

Michigan got tired of hearing about how bad Lloyd Carr was and spent the better part of a decade unwinding from that mistake.

BS happens everywhere ... but it's been a while since the UW program has been run well.

Biggest problem I see is that there are some that are holding the program to standards that it has never achieved.
    The problem you don't see, or chose to ignore, is many on this board are holding the program to standards it consistently achieved: winning and contending for confrence championships. Major Bowl Apperances. Final rankings in the Top-20 and occasionally real shots at National Championships.

Jen Cohen can hate HH and write us off as crass hate filled morons. She can point to the picture of her taken with Don James. But if she doesn't deliver the results represented by the man in that photo she, just like the rest of you Doogs, is a fraud.

Solid poast. I am admittedly more doogish than some on hear but not when it comes to the administration of Husky athletics as I have railed upon on the poddings.

There's always a reason behind vitriol and anger if you care to drill down. HHBs can be dogmatic. But there's logic behind the dogma. And it's not hard to find.

Make football the most important thing at the UW. reward performance. Get rid of slackers. Run it like a business not a rainbow coalition. It's not a social experiment. Fuck the pussies. Go see the Seahawks admins for advice. They get it.

Fuck @puppylove_sugarsteel could do better.

How is this hard?
    Optimism is great. To Jen's credit, she's cut some people loose. Will she deliver? (Fuck, I'm sounding like KG) Past history isn't on her side. Show me. I've heard it. I want to see it.

Don James died. He won (fuck off Kim) Pumpy died. Pumpy was no Don James.

And Koop, thank you for your service.

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

You're better than this.
    In your defense, our people gave your people horse blankets a couple centuries ago and you're still devastated by that incident.
    I'm going to need reparations and a trigger warning for that comment. I accept beads as payment.

It ranges from new anal beads to slightly used anal beads to anal beads that spend more time in than out.
    Aka mickens beads

ISAFNRC
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

The problem you don't see, or chose to ignore, is many on this board are holding the program to standards it consistently achieved: winning and contending for confrence championships. Major Bowl Apperances. Final rankings in the Top-20 and occasionally real shots at National Championships. Consistently sold out games and budget surpluses

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,023 Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

You're better than this.

Anal Beads Superioty Guy
    Everyone needs to have a niche. This just happens to be mine.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I agree....but it's a small number. Using this board or Dawgman as any sort of barometer is a mistake IMO. Reasonable people expect a top 25 most years, and a Rose Bowl every three or four years, plus top half of the Pac finishes every year. There's no excuse for those things not being achieved.

Every team has its downs. Negadawg favorite Bammer was nothing as recently as 2007 and throughout a lot of the 90s and 2000s. Michigan, Texas, Ohio St from '99-2001 and '87 to '92..Lsu in the 90s....Miami, USC, and Nebraska now..Oklahomo was 3-8 in the late 90s....The teams that turned it around didn't pussyfoot around and play p.c. games like UW has. The admin., ad, boosters, coaches, and fans made it a priority. I see scattered evidence of it here and there, but it's not close to enough. As I've said, if Petersen succeeds, it's going to be despite some obstacles, not because of an awesome administration and athletic department. They're busy shooting videos of fugly, steroid-filled girl's sports "stars" dancing to the happy song and making slick Twitter logos celebrating 3,000 "new" season tickets and this weeks latest retina killing uniform combo.
    YBE
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

IF this board holds this program to the above standards you spell out I'm in 100% agreement ... it's the standards that I've said for a long time are the realistic expectations for a SUCCESSFUL UW coach.

What I fear is that when UW loses a game this year it will be treated as if hell is freezing over and that Petersen needs to be immediately fired.

As for Cohen, her job will be evaluated based on her record and actions ... showing a picture taken with James as an indication that you are qualified for the job is a fucking joke.