Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to Jennifer Cohen

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Just saying that there's more than 81% BS out here and the stuff that goes off the rails goes so far off the rails that there's no way that the AD is going to pay attention to the good suggestions that are made by this site ...

That's the point I was trying to make to DJ regarding whether this site was a hobby board versus a serious board. If you want the AD to take you seriously when you have thoughts/ideas, you probably should act in a way consistent with that. Nobody is going to act in their place of employment the way that they act here as you'd never be taken seriously.

You're saying it's okay to say she's not good at her job, but it's not okay so say she's a stupid cunt?
    A highly visible role like the AD of a P5 program should be held to high standards and accountable for their results. Calling them out on their performance is perfectly acceptable. Judging their performance based on how you contribute your $$$ is perfectly acceptable. Being degrading about them is crossing the line.

We all cross the line from time to time and that's life. But there's a difference between crossing the line, understanding you crossed it and apologizing versus continuing to not only go over the line (way over) and showing no regard in the process.

Again, that just tunes people out ... particularly if that is an audience that you'd like to have an ear of.
    Disagree. An AD should at least appear to possess some degree of athleticism, not look like Boss Hogg.
    Or a football coach that looks like Mark Mangino?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,022 Founders Club
    P.S. "Half" is only a ruff estimate here. I didn't do a statistical study or shove my t-test prongs up a horse's ass to figure that out.
    PurpleJ said:

Tequilla said:

Just saying that there's more than 81% BS out here and the stuff that goes off the rails goes so far off the rails that there's no way that the AD is going to pay attention to the good suggestions that are made by this site ...

That's the point I was trying to make to DJ regarding whether this site was a hobby board versus a serious board. If you want the AD to take you seriously when you have thoughts/ideas, you probably should act in a way consistent with that. Nobody is going to act in their place of employment the way that they act here as you'd never be taken seriously.

Taking ourselves too seriously is half the problem with UW. The problem with academic types is that they exude elitism by acting like they need to have their intelligence taken seriously at all times. That's called being a smart dumbass and the vast majority of the world (i.e. actual humans) don't think that way or respond to it very well.
    The problem with academic types is that they think that their utopian solutions that are based in theory work in the real world and because of that the opinion of the "little man" isn't important.

If there's anything that the world should have learned from the Brexit vote, that's it.
    Thank you for proving my point. My toothless retard southerners are kicking your ass.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

You're saying it's okay to say she's not good at her job, but it's not okay so say she's a stupid cunt?
    A highly visible role like the AD of a P5 program should be held to high standards and accountable for their results. Calling them out on their performance is perfectly acceptable. Judging their performance based on how you contribute your $$$ is perfectly acceptable. Being degrading about them is crossing the line.

We all cross the line from time to time and that's life. But there's a difference between crossing the line, understanding you crossed it and apologizing versus continuing to not only go over the line (way over) and showing no regard in the process.

Again, that just tunes people out ... particularly if that is an audience that you'd like to have an ear of.
    Hi Kim!
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tequilla said:

Damn, Teq! Did I tee you up, or did you tee yourself up? Just tryna help.

Fully knew when I said what I said in this thread that it was going to get met with giant resistance.

That's because you know you don't belong here.

LEAVE
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,585 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

In no way am I suggesting being Chest or the HFP ...

What I am saying is that you can be critical without going 5 miles over the line ... and let's be honest, there are some on this site that have no problem going way over the line.

They've gone over the line since Gerberding. That's half the reason people act like this. Treat football in a (vomit) SEC, Texas (the state), or Michigan/ the OSU way, where it's a priority, and people will be happy..

Tequilla said:

In no way am I suggesting being Chest or the HFP ...

What I am saying is that you can be critical without going 5 miles over the line ... and let's be honest, there are some on this site that have no problem going way over the line.

They've gone over the line since Gerberding. That's half the reason people act like this. Treat football in a (vomit) SEC, Texas (the state), or Michigan/ the OSU way, where it's a priority, and people will be happy..
    Texas is in the middle of this right now with Charlie Strong and how they handled the end of Mack Brown ...

Michigan got tired of hearing about how bad Lloyd Carr was and spent the better part of a decade unwinding from that mistake.

BS happens everywhere ... but it's been a while since the UW program has been run well.

Biggest problem I see is that there are some that are holding the program to standards that it has never achieved.
    Maybe "we" are just too good to associate ourselves with those barbaric, misogynistic, uneducated football fans.

Please send cash.

PurpleJ said:

Maybe "we" are just too good to associate ourselves with those barbaric, misogynistic, uneducated football fans.

Please send cash.

When I interviewed Scott Woodward in his office, he made disparaging comments about the SEC and how they take things too seriously down there. He was much happier in the Northwest, where we emphasize a keen balance between winning and the student-athlete experience.

And then he runs the dept deep into debt before bolting for the SEC.
    I'm surprised you're surprised
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    I need an app that scans for pics of sloppy tits. Then I'd know not to waste my time on all these Jen Cohen threads.

PurpleJ said:

Please send cash.

When I interviewed Scott Woodward in his office, he made disparaging comments about the SEC and how they take things too seriously down there. He was much happier in the Northwest, where we emphasize a keen balance between winning and the student-athlete experience.

Maybe he was smarter than he got credit for being. Maybe he knew his market well and exploited that.

Or maybe he actually thinks that way and will get exposed at A&M. Only time will tell. Either way it will be interesting!
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Tequilla said:

If I was an executive, even if good answers were found here, I wouldn't sift through all the BS to find the good suggestions

How long have you worked in the AD? (No name required)
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Please send cash.

Maybe he was smarter than he got credit for being. Maybe he knew his market well and exploited that.

Or maybe he actually thinks that way and will get exposed at A&M. Only time will tell. Either way it will be interesting!
    Woodward is the prototypical good guy politician. Speaks well, and is intelligent enough to know exactly what his audience wants to hear and says it, even if he just said the exact opposite in the town down the road.

At LSU he talked about CFB was the be all end all there and how much pride and history it had, here was the latte drinking pc crowd who had the right perspective of cfb being just a game and part of the total collegiate experience, and now at A&M will sell the base about the pride and great tradition of the aggie's 12th man and how the new 500 million dollar stadium expansion will be a great addition to it..
  • section8section8 Member Posts: 1,581

Their only concern with the fan council will be to have a diverse panel.

Totally agree. It would be 2 blicks, 4 Asians (none of the hot massage parlor types either), 2 Indians (sorry @Swaye they would be dot, not feather), 6 Eskimos, and 1 white dude who looks like Crazy Larry.
    The white dude will be gay, one the Indians trans and black guy will be asexual.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,897 Standard Supporter

I need an app that scans for pics of sloppy tits. Then I'd know not to waste my time on all these Jen Cohen threads.

You must not have seen the dick-shriveling profile pic from Indiana during the NCAAW's tourney.
    godawgst said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Please send cash.

Woodward is the prototypical good guy politician. Speaks well, and is intelligent enough to know exactly what his audience wants to hear and says it, even if he just said the exact opposite in the town down the road.

At LSU he talked about CFB was the be all end all there and how much pride and history it had, here was the latte drinking pc crowd who had the right perspective of cfb being just a game and part of the total collegiate experience, and now at A&M will sell the base about the pride and great tradition of the aggie's 12th man and how the new 500 million dollar stadium expansion will be a great addition to it..
    If true, I respect the hell out of him.