Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to Jennifer Cohen

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club
    Baseman said:

koopdog said:

Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

In no way am I suggesting being Chest or the HFP ...

What I am saying is that you can be critical without going 5 miles over the line ... and let's be honest, there are some on this site that have no problem going way over the line.

They've gone over the line since Gerberding. That's half the reason people act like this. Treat football in a (vomit) SEC, Texas (the state), or Michigan/ the OSU way, where it's a priority, and people will be happy..
    Texas is in the middle of this right now with Charlie Strong and how they handled the end of Mack Brown ...

Michigan got tired of hearing about how bad Lloyd Carr was and spent the better part of a decade unwinding from that mistake.

BS happens everywhere ... but it's been a while since the UW program has been run well.

Biggest problem I see is that there are some that are holding the program to standards that it has never achieved.
    The problem you don't see, or chose to ignore, is many on this board are holding the program to standards it consistently achieved: winning and contending for confrence championships. Major Bowl Apperances. Final rankings in the Top-20 and occasionally real shots at National Championships.

Jen Cohen can hate HH and write us off as crass hate filled morons. She can point to the picture of her taken with Don James. But if she doesn't deliver the results represented by the man in that photo she, just like the rest of you Doogs, is a fraud.

Solid poast. I am admittedly more doogish than some on hear but not when it comes to the administration of Husky athletics as I have railed upon on the poddings.

There's always a reason behind vitriol and anger if you care to drill down. HHBs can be dogmatic. But there's logic behind the dogma. And it's not hard to find.

Make football the most important thing at the UW. reward performance. Get rid of slackers. Run it like a business not a rainbow coalition. It's not a social experiment. Fuck the pussies. Go see the Seahawks admins for advice. They get it.

Fuck @puppylove_sugarsteel could do better.

How is this hard?
    Optimism is great. To Jen's credit, she's cut some people loose. Will she deliver? (Fuck, I'm sounding like KG) Past history isn't on her side. Show me. I've heard it. I want to see it.

Don James died. He won (fuck off Kim) Pumpy died. Pumpy was no Don James.

And Koop, thank you for your service.
    Scott Woodward also cut some people loose.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

What I am saying is that you can be critical without going 5 miles over the line ... and let's be honest, there are some on this site that have no problem going way over the line.

They've gone over the line since Gerberding. That's half the reason people act like this. Treat football in a (vomit) SEC, Texas (the state), or Michigan/ the OSU way, where it's a priority, and people will be happy..
    Texas is in the middle of this right now with Charlie Strong and how they handled the end of Mack Brown ...

Michigan got tired of hearing about how bad Lloyd Carr was and spent the better part of a decade unwinding from that mistake.

BS happens everywhere ... but it's been a while since the UW program has been run well.

Biggest problem I see is that there are some that are holding the program to standards that it has never achieved.
    The problem you don't see, or chose to ignore, is many on this board are holding the program to standards it consistently achieved: winning and contending for confrence championships. Major Bowl Apperances. Final rankings in the Top-20 and occasionally real shots at National Championships.

Jen Cohen can hate HH and write us off as crass hate filled morons. She can point to the picture of her taken with Don James. But if she doesn't deliver the results represented by the man in that photo she, just like the rest of you Doogs, is a fraud.
    IF this board holds this program to the above standards you spell out I'm in 100% agreement ... it's the standards that I've said for a long time are the realistic expectations for a SUCCESSFUL UW coach.

What I fear is that when UW loses a game this year it will be treated as if hell is freezing over and that Petersen needs to be immediately fired.

As for Cohen, her job will be evaluated based on her record and actions ... showing a picture taken with James as an indication that you are qualified for the job is a fucking joke.
    Anytime we loose a game this is how most of us feel.

We would have fired Don James.
    And that's the part that blows my mind ...

There would have been a shit ton here that if TCU's season last year was what UW had this year would have been all over Patterson. He arguably had one of his better years last year.

I get the freaking out over one game ... but it's got to be balanced with perspective.
    @Baseman

In the process I absolutely agree with you

As an outsider, holding people to a standard of perfection isn't realistic
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Tequilla said:

@Baseman

You're still here?

Allow me to help:
    http://www.dawgman.com

Tequilla said:

@Baseman

Me: "Hey boss, when you say no damages and no injuries on any job ever I know that's just the process we strive for as a company but from the outside our customers understand that standard of perfection isn't realistic."

Boss: "You're fired."
    Twisting
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Tequilla said:

@Baseman

Dobie, Bryant, James, Carroll, Meyer, and Saban obviously didn't get the memo.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,691 Standard Supporter
    H_D said:

It's not about using this board as a barometer. It's about listening to the vast amount of smarts and savvy we have here.

But I wrote the original post in jest, knowing that Cohen has stated she hates HardcoreHusky.com. Of course she's never going to use it as a resource.

Sounds like she is only reading the poasts where we talk about her sloppy tits.
    Baseman said:

koopdog said:

Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Solid poast. I am admittedly more doogish than some on hear but not when it comes to the administration of Husky athletics as I have railed upon on the poddings.

There's always a reason behind vitriol and anger if you care to drill down. HHBs can be dogmatic. But there's logic behind the dogma. And it's not hard to find.

Make football the most important thing at the UW. reward performance. Get rid of slackers. Run it like a business not a rainbow coalition. It's not a social experiment. Fuck the pussies. Go see the Seahawks admins for advice. They get it.

Fuck @puppylove_sugarsteel could do better.

How is this hard?
    Optimism is great. To Jen's credit, she's cut some people loose. Will she deliver? (Fuck, I'm sounding like KG) Past history isn't on her side. Show me. I've heard it. I want to see it.

Don James died. He won (fuck off Kim) Pumpy died. Pumpy was no Don James.

And Koop, thank you for your service.
    All that tells me is Jen is a spitter and doesn't swallow.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    God Jen has literally no redeemable qualities. I base that upon the fact that she is fat.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,605 Swaye's Wigwam

It's not about using this board as a barometer. It's about listening to the vast amount of smarts and savvy we have here.

But I wrote the original post in jest, knowing that Cohen has stated she hates HardcoreHusky.com. Of course she's never going to use it as a resource.

She has stated that? Cant imagine why
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

God Jen has literally no redeemable qualities. I base that upon the fact that she is fat.

And she won't show her tits
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,605 Swaye's Wigwam
    Only the finest analytical minds get a TCU degree, everyone says so
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,897 Standard Supporter
    edited September 2016

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

IF this board holds this program to the above standards you spell out I'm in 100% agreement ... it's the standards that I've said for a long time are the realistic expectations for a SUCCESSFUL UW coach.

What I fear is that when UW loses a game this year it will be treated as if hell is freezing over and that Petersen needs to be immediately fired.

As for Cohen, her job will be evaluated based on her record and actions ... showing a picture taken with James as an indication that you are qualified for the job is a fucking joke.
    Anytime we loose a game this is how most of us feel.

We would have fired Don James.
    And that's the part that blows my mind ...

There would have been a shit ton here that if TCU's season last year was what UW had this year would have been all over Patterson. He arguably had one of his better years last year.

I get the freaking out over one game ... but it's got to be balanced with perspective.
    It will be. Everyone here would enjoy an 11-2 season. Maybe not Boobs, but even his criticism and insults would be simply to get a reaction.

Everyone's problem with you is the need to reason and explain everything that we already watched. If the OL sucked in a certain game and posters commented about it, you would go into a tl,dr about injuries, how Sark left us barren of good upperclass lineman, how some guys are still young, etc.

You actually defended a pass happy attack last year by commenting on how we averaged more yards per attempt passing against Oregon than rushing. It was possibly the dumbest argument of all time and showed you don't really know anything about football.

Posters probably were pissed off an vented after the Oregon loss in 2000. I'm sure the same would have been true if message boards were around in 1990. The UCLA game would have triggered some outbursts. Nobody was actually upset with those seasons though and thought UW wasn't where they needed to be. Everyone wants UW to win. You over analyze everything.
    The tendency to over-analyze is matched by a tendency to oversimplify. To be fair, IMO, we cannot forget that a huge drawback to the passing game was FS play calling in the first place that did not maximize and utilize the actual skills, or lack thereof, possessed by the actual athletes on the field.

I pray Psalm Wooching accidentally spears Smiff then sets him ablaze during a fire dance celebration this year, after which RD55 and Teq will waltz from endzone to endzone in celebration, while DJ and Koop spray champagne and smoke cigars. After which, Swaye napalms the whole fucking scene and Race gets the community pea patch he'd rather see on Montlake, unless they win 10.
  • Cohen12Cohen12 Member Posts: 79
    1-0. 48-13. Suck it losers.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,361 Founders Club
    Cohen12 said:

1-0. 48-13. Suck it losers.

You miserable cunt.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,623 Standard Supporter
    Was there ever a thread about this?

http://www.gohuskies.com/news/2016/8/29/cohen-announces-o-connell-hiring-leadership-staff-changes.aspx

I'm cautiously optimistic about hiring O'Connell... she might be more qualified than Cohen12 herself since she was AD at Seattle Pacific for 5+ years and actually was on our rowing team, which is the only damn team we have that demands results.