Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

These Contracts

124»

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Knicks and Bulls look like Senior Division champs
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Even Turner getting almost 19 million a year. Noah could hardly make a lay up last year and is getting 18 mil. Mozgov is getting 16.

It's the way the NBA works with the new labor agreement, but thes contracts are crazy.

Sounds like Obamas reparations are working.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I question how much Parsons has left ... I wouldn't put close to $100M on my cap with a guy that may have little left in his knee (or at minimum, needs to have a good knee to be an effective player at that salary).

The money is the new norm ... but that doesn't make it right. Smart teams will exploit this by putting together as many max guys as possible and filling out their roster with guys looking for the chance to win (and the $$$ that come with that) and let the not quite good enough All Stars sign their cap crippling $15-$20M a year contracts.

Yeah, why doesn't everyone just sign a bunch of all stars and win the championship? Stupid GMs.
    Missing the point I was making ...

Of course not everybody will be able to do that because there are only so many teams that can do that ... but more than ever the handful of franchises that are able to obtain and/or attract these players will be able to stock pile these kinds of players. With how much the cap is, you'll be able to load multiple top end guys under the cap which you used to never be able to do unless you obtained all of them. There was never the potential for a team like the Warriors to have the kind of money available to be able to go out and make a legit run at a player like KD.

With the idea of salary floors, etc., too many of these teams have no choice but to spend the money and in so doing are going to enter into bad contract after bad contract for guys that quite frankly suck. Evan Turner isn't worth close to $250k per game. That's fucking insane. That means the equivalent of a full capacity arena of 20k paying $12.50 of their ticket price directly to Evan Turner each game ... I know there's more into it than that ... but that's what I'm getting at. It's fucking insane.
    First, the salary floor is bullshit. There is no penalty for not hitting it.

Second, stop talking about ticket prices like its 1998. This is TV money.

Third, this is revenue. The NBA isn't just pulling numbers out of their ass, the players are guaranteed a percentage of all revenue. What your saying is the NBA is being too successfull and making too much money. They should stop it and make less so the players can make amounts that you're more comfortable with. Because getting paid 50 million for dribbling a basketball is cool just don't make 100 million.

And finally, yup, no one has ever been able to load up on top end guys before. You could never get, say, Lebron, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh on the same team before.
    Agree.

But how is Demaurice Smith an incompetent Uncle Tom???
  • Options

I'm ok with most of the deals. Mozgov and Noah are starting centers if healthy and those prices are just the new normal. I don't understand why those teams didn't go after Biyombo, who won't be thirty fucking four in the last year of his deal, but whatever. That Turner deal is a joke. He couldn't start for Boston last year. A mediocre east team. Yeah there's less health risk and there's also zero upside. He a small forward that can't shoot and needs to have the ball to be effective, except he's not effective with the ball. I look forward to Lillards free agency tour in 5 years.

#myblazers are fucked if noone but an Evan Turner would bite off on a truck load of money. Chandler Parsons told them to pound sand. Dwight Howard didn't give them a sniff despite media reports (that's a good thing). The Blazers will always have to do it through the draft. And when given high picks, they step on their dick. ANd when they don't step on their dick, they don't stick around or are made of glass.

When everyone has multiple Brinks trucks line up, the small markets won't get any top tier FA's ever again.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Is Allen Crabbe making 19 mil a season not crazy? I remember him playing at Cal. He's a fucking bum. A bench scorer at best and not even a great one at that.

Free agency can fuck over some guys. Mozgov for 16 mil or Ezeli for 7.5? The Warriors fucked over Ezeli by waiting for Durant. He would have gotten at least 10+ if he didn't have to wait.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2016

Is Allen Crabbe making 19 mil a season not crazy? I remember him playing at Cal. He's a fucking bum. A bench scorer at best and not even a great one at that.

Free agency can fuck over some guys. Mozgov for 16 mil or Ezeli for 7.5? The Warriors fucked over Ezeli by waiting for Durant. He would have gotten at least 10+ if he didn't have to wait.

It came closer to even for Portland in the end. They way over paid for Turner, but got a promising big in Ezeli at a discount.

I just don't know how NBA teams can make money with this new salary cap. They are paying NFL money to players with a third of the NFL revenue. Let alone these contracts being guaranteed.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Meanwhile in LA

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

Meanwhile in LA

420 BLAZE IT.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I question how much Parsons has left ... I wouldn't put close to $100M on my cap with a guy that may have little left in his knee (or at minimum, needs to have a good knee to be an effective player at that salary).

The money is the new norm ... but that doesn't make it right. Smart teams will exploit this by putting together as many max guys as possible and filling out their roster with guys looking for the chance to win (and the $$$ that come with that) and let the not quite good enough All Stars sign their cap crippling $15-$20M a year contracts.

Yeah, why doesn't everyone just sign a bunch of all stars and win the championship? Stupid GMs.

Of course not everybody will be able to do that because there are only so many teams that can do that ... but more than ever the handful of franchises that are able to obtain and/or attract these players will be able to stock pile these kinds of players. With how much the cap is, you'll be able to load multiple top end guys under the cap which you used to never be able to do unless you obtained all of them. There was never the potential for a team like the Warriors to have the kind of money available to be able to go out and make a legit run at a player like KD.

With the idea of salary floors, etc., too many of these teams have no choice but to spend the money and in so doing are going to enter into bad contract after bad contract for guys that quite frankly suck. Evan Turner isn't worth close to $250k per game. That's fucking insane. That means the equivalent of a full capacity arena of 20k paying $12.50 of their ticket price directly to Evan Turner each game ... I know there's more into it than that ... but that's what I'm getting at. It's fucking insane.
    First, the salary floor is bullshit. There is no penalty for not hitting it.

Second, stop talking about ticket prices like its 1998. This is TV money.

Third, this is revenue. The NBA isn't just pulling numbers out of their ass, the players are guaranteed a percentage of all revenue. What your saying is the NBA is being too successfull and making too much money. They should stop it and make less so the players can make amounts that you're more comfortable with. Because getting paid 50 million for dribbling a basketball is cool just don't make 100 million.

And finally, yup, no one has ever been able to load up on top end guys before. You could never get, say, Lebron, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh on the same team before.
    Jordan, Pippen and Dennis Rodman say fuck you.

You did mention the thing that no one else did however. This is purely about team revenue. When the owners agreed to 60% of revenue or whatever, they didn't know they'd get a TV contract that was worth triple the old one. Teams no longer care if they sell out cause the TV revenue is so huge.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2016
    I think basketball players should be able to make about 45 million.... But 50 million? What a joke. What do they need that money for?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

I think basketball players should be able to make about 45 million.... But 50 million? What a joke. What do they need that money for?

I think guys like Durant, curry, James, etc should make a much as they want but the fact that guys like turner can make 19 mil is crazy.
  • Options

I think guys like Durant, curry, James, etc should make a much as they want but the fact that guys like turner can make 19 mil is crazy.
    And now Crabbe too. Kreist ESPN and TNT are going to double their subscription costs to cable/sat providers. Look for an additional $7 per month over the usual annual increase of your cable bill. #cutthecordlongago
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Portland deserves #Owen82
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Hi. Owners set ticket prices. TV $ drives the majority of the revenues. If the owners didn't think it was good business they wouldn't offer the players fucking insane salaries. The rich wouldn't fall over themselves to buy the franchises.

The fucking insane ticket prices obviously didn't keep the fans from filling the arenas to 94% of capacity, an NBA record. Even Grandpa Sankey attended two games this year.

@GrandpaSankey!?!!!?!? True?!?!?!????

• Options
    salemcoog said:

And now Crabbe too. Kreist ESPN and TNT are going to double their subscription costs to cable/sat providers. Look for an additional $7 per month over the usual annual increase of your cable bill. #cutthecordlongago
    Those two networks aren't worth an extra $7/month, I'll pass
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

salemcoog said:

Those two networks aren't worth an extra $7.11/month, I'll pass
  • Options
    GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Hi. Owners set ticket prices. TV $ drives the majority of the revenues. If the owners didn't think it was good business they wouldn't offer the players fucking insane salaries. The rich wouldn't fall over themselves to buy the franchises.

The fucking insane ticket prices obviously didn't keep the fans from filling the arenas to 94% of capacity, an NBA record. Even Grandpa Sankey attended two games this year.

@GrandpaSankey!?!!!?!? True?!?!?!????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERm_WNxGs1U