Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Top 10 true sophomores in college football

Comments

• pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941

pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

Can't you just watch the team and make your own fucking observations? Christ.

I have and have always been a Browning truther. But it's also nice when a service like PFF, who has legit football people, agrees with what what I saw as well. They aren't wearing purple colored glasses. His talent is legit. People should be more pumped up becuase the best is yet to come. They like him better than Rosen and people still are salty. Man.
    So what?

He wins, everybody will love him.

He loses and he'll be hated as a false prophet, forever. Why do you care at all what others think?
    He will win. UW will win. He's a winner. He's already hit Jake Lockers win ceiling in his first season, sky's the limit.
    Comparing Jake to Jack the Loser just proves how retarded you are.
    I compared his win total fucktard. Not his game. They are complete opposite players. A run first safety playing QB vs a cerebral accurate passer. Night and day.
    Swaye said:

pat_hm said:

Swaye said:

Off Season Natty was secured months ago. This shit is just piling on.

That off season natty joke just gets funnier every time. Except we've never been in a situation bringing back this much young, graded out talent at key positions in the last 15 years. But this will be the same as year, right? Rinse. Later. Repeat.
    Hey bud, I agree with you...on paper things look better than they have in a long time, but fuck if I haven't heard that to describe at least half of our losing shit seasons the last decade. I am on record as saying I hope like hell Pete turns out to be the guy, but he doesn't get any loyalty from me until he actually wins big. Putting beams in place doesn't mean shit if you can't build the barn.
    If Pete underwhelms and wins 7 or 8 again we'll all know he's a myth and not the guy for the job. I'm with you 100%. That's not going to happen though. It starts under center with Browning.

pat_hm said:

It's so fun getting all you Anti-Browning people all rlled up.These are facts, idiots. Facts you obviously want to ignore to mold your narrative that the kid sucks. Pathetic.

An subjective bullshit opinion list is fact?
    Subjective bullshit opinion list?? I think we've got a coug on the board. Wow. Jesus man. Wake up. Do you know anything about PFF?? How they grade out every single play?? It's the fucking opposite of a subjective list you idiot. You see the number under the name, that's a grade. Do you know what a grade is? If you grade positive your a good player, if you grade negative your a bad player. Catching on?

If you want a good subjective list go read Adam Jude or Ted Miller, their lists might be a little easier for your bird brain to comprehend.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

I have and have always been a Browning truther. But it's also nice when a service like PFF, who has legit football people, agrees with what what I saw as well. They aren't wearing purple colored glasses. His talent is legit. People should be more pumped up becuase the best is yet to come. They like him better than Rosen and people still are salty. Man.
    So what?

He loses and he'll be hated as a false prophet, forever. Why do you care at all what others think?
    He will win. UW will win. He's a winner. He's already hit Jake Lockers win ceiling in his first season, sky's the limit.
    Comparing Jake to Jack the Loser just proves how retarded you are.
    I compared his win total fucktard. Not his game. They are complete opposite players. A run first safety playing QB vs a cerebral accurate passer. Night and day.
    Jack's win total was shit.

HTH
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

It's so fun getting all you Anti-Browning people all rlled up.These are facts, idiots. Facts you obviously want to ignore to mold your narrative that the kid sucks. Pathetic.

Subjective bullshit opinion list?? I think we've got a coug on the board. Wow. Jesus man. Wake up. Do you know anything about PFF?? How they grade out every single play?? It's the fucking opposite of a subjective list you idiot. You see the number under the name, that's a grade. Do you know what a grade is? If you grade positive your a good player, if you grade negative your a bad player. Catching on?

If you want a good subjective list go read Adam Jude or Ted Miller, their lists might be a little easier for your bird brain to comprehend.
    They do a lot of work on their subjective grading, but it's still subjective.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    pat_hm said:

Swaye said:

pat_hm said:

Swaye said:

Off Season Natty was secured months ago. This shit is just piling on.

That off season natty joke just gets funnier every time. Except we've never been in a situation bringing back this much young, graded out talent at key positions in the last 15 years. But this will be the same as year, right? Rinse. Later. Repeat.
    Hey bud, I agree with you...on paper things look better than they have in a long time, but fuck if I haven't heard that to describe at least half of our losing shit seasons the last decade. I am on record as saying I hope like hell Pete turns out to be the guy, but he doesn't get any loyalty from me until he actually wins big. Putting beams in place doesn't mean shit if you can't build the barn.
    If Pete underwhelms and wins 7 or 8 again we'll all know he's a myth and not the guy for the job. I'm with you 100%. That's not going to happen though. It starts under center with Browning.
    To me he has to win 10, and he needs to actually win one of the USC/Stanford/Oregon games. He can't win 10 but lose hard to every good team he plays. That's what it will take for me to start to believe...9-3 going into some dumb bowl with losses to USC and Oregon and getting obliterated by Stanford tells me he was a huge fucking mirage....

Now, head into the bowl game at 9-3 with a stinker against ASU or some other crap program but convincing wins against USC and Furd, then destory some assholes in the bowl game....doogitup.gif

pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

Disagree
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

So what?

Writing down and repeating positive affirmations to change your mental outlook only applies to your life and goals, not to others.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,704 Founders Club
    I don't have the Pac12 network so I didn't see Browning beat up cripples. Except for WSU (zing) where the defense scored 3 times. I saw him shit the bed when it mattered

I don't have the Pac12 network so I didn't see Browning beat up cripples. Except for WSU (zing) where the defense scored 3 times. I saw him shit the bed when it mattered

We don't have the luxury of the pac12 network and Ricks's takes down here in sunny So Cal but I still managed to watch the games and yes he did shit the bed at times. No one is disputing that. He played like a true freshman. But he got better throughout the season. I think he'll continue to get better into this year.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    pat_hm said:

We don't have the luxury of the pac12 network and Ricks's takes down here in sunny So Cal but I still managed to watch the games and yes he did shit the bed at times. No one is disputing that. He played like a true freshman. But he got better throughout the season. I think he'll continue to get better into this year.
    Can you back this up with someone else's opinions?

pat_hm said:

Can you back this up with someone else's opinions?
    Huh? You're pressing. Just stop trying to be clever. It's not working.
    dnc said:

pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

Disagree
    It's subjective. They watch every play and draw conclusions based on their eyes about what happened, then gather those conclusions into larger samples of data. It's subjective analysis disguised as objective.

This doesn't mean it's worthless, I'd rather be near the top than not. But PFF just ranked the Seahawks like #13 in the NFL in roster talent. Their methodology is questionable, to say the least.
    I just don't think subjective is the right term. Sure, there is some subjectivity involved when deciding just how bad or a good a specific play is. A interception is clearly a -2, but the difference between a good throw and a great through is up for debate. I trust football scouts, guys who've spent their entire careers analyzing film over the idiots who's only argument is he throws a bad deep ball (which is completely false).

This is a more detailed breakdown if you're interested: https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/how-we-grade/

Have you watched the Seahawks offensive line? That unit alone would keep us out of the top 10 despite Russ, Earl etc. Personally I believe in their methodology but I guess not everyone buys into the analytical side of football.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    pat_hm said:

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

Disagree
    It's subjective. They watch every play and draw conclusions based on their eyes about what happened, then gather those conclusions into larger samples of data. It's subjective analysis disguised as objective.

This doesn't mean it's worthless, I'd rather be near the top than not. But PFF just ranked the Seahawks like #13 in the NFL in roster talent. Their methodology is questionable, to say the least.
    I just don't think subjective is the right term. Sure, there is some subjectivity involved when deciding just how bad or a good a specific play is. A interception is clearly a -2, but the difference between a good throw and a great through is up for debate. I trust football scouts, guys who've spent their entire careers analyzing film over the idiots who's only argument is he throws a bad deep ball (which is completely false).

This is a more detailed breakdown if you're interested: https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/how-we-grade/

Have you watched the Seahawks offensive line? That unit alone would keep us out of the top 10 despite Russ, Earl etc. Personally I believe in their methodology but I guess not everyone buys into the analytical side of football.
    Any argument for the Seahawks outside of the top 10 in the NFL talent rankings is absolutely ridiculous IMO. They have one weak unit which is actually pretty good at run blocking just terrible at pass blocking, and the perfect QB to compensate for that weakness. They're good to very great at every other position group. Honestly they shouldn't be outside the top 5.
    dnc said:

pat_hm said:

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

Disagree

Any argument for the Seahawks outside of the top 10 in the NFL talent rankings is absolutely ridiculous IMO. They have one weak unit which is actually pretty good at run blocking just terrible at pass blocking, and the perfect QB to compensate for that weakness. They're good to very great at every other position group. Honestly they shouldn't be outside the top 5.
    I don't have what you are citing in front of me (link?) so I don't want to make any assumptions but the Hawks last season weren't the same as the Super Bowl team in 13. You just need to take off your neon green 12 glasses.

Kam held out and our secondary didn't play like they have in the past. Dion Bailey was a disaster. Shead played alright. We never found a second corner. I don't think Earl was ever 100% last year, still recovering from the shoulder. Wagner missed time. Jimmy went down and underwhelming. Lynch also wasn't himself. Rawls went down and our starting running back was Dejuan Fucking Harris!! It was a weird year. Still recovering from the super bowl hangover. They weren't as dominate so 13 doesn't feel completely off.