Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Top 10 true sophomores in college football

pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
https://www.profootballfocus.com/college-football-top-10-true-sophomores-derwin-james-josh-rosen/

2. Myles Gaskin, RB, Washington

+26.8 overall; No. 5 among returning FBS running backs

Gaskin rushed for 1302 yards and 14 touchdowns as a freshman. He proved to be one of the more elusive running backs in the country forcing 61 missed tackles and earning a 104.6 elusive rating which ranks No. 9 among returning FBS running backs. Gaskin showed an ability to break tackles with 878 of his rushing yards coming after contact. He also showed a he could create big plays as he had 19 runs of 15 yards or more and a 46.9 breakaway percentage which also ranks No. 9 among returning FBS running backs.

4. Jake Browning, QB, Washington

+21.6 overall; No. 15 among returning FBS quarterbacks

The second Husky to make the list, Browning could potentially lead the team to a darkhorse College Football Playoff berth this season. Browning was the highest-graded freshman quarterback in 2015 as he outperformed UCLA’s Josh Rosen over the course of the year and was our selection for Al-Freshman team quarterback. He completed 233 of 370 passes (63 percent) for 2,955 yards with 16 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. Browning was one of the more effective deep ball passers in all of FBS last season as his 50.0 percent accuracy on passes targeted 20 yards or more downfield ranks No. 6 among returning FBS quarterbacks. Browning was also very impressive under duress, as he completed 66.7 percent of his passes when pressured which ranks No. 2 among returning FBS quarterbacks.

BROWNING CAN'T THROW THE DEEP BALL!!! HE'S GARBAGE!!! WE'RE FUCKED!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Fuck you and your preseason rankings bullshit.
  • Options
    It's so fun getting all you Anti-Browning people all rlled up.These are facts, idiots. Facts you obviously want to ignore to mold your narrative that the kid sucks. Pathetic.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,080
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think his actual performance fueled the narrative
  • Options

I love the Top 10 Sophomores list. It obviously pulls from a huge sample set of what, 30-40 guys who got significant playing time as freshmen.

I want to see a Top 10 list of grad assistants next.

I don't how many kids it pulls from but in this day and age there are WAY more than 30- 40 true freshman playing in college football. Where did you pull that number from? Your ass?? There was probably 40 true freshman who played in the pac 12!!! That's only 3 per team average there smart guy. Good call, bud. Nice effort to attempt to delegitimize this list to look cool in front of your friends.

I'd love to talk to the fans from Florida State, Bama, Georgia, LSU etc who also have players that made this list to see if they hate on their guys as much as the idiots on this board hate on our freshman. These SEC guys would kill for a talent like Browning. You guys are clueless.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Off Season Natty was secured months ago. This shit is just piling on.

That off season natty joke just gets funnier every time. Except we've never been in a situation bringing back this much young, graded out talent at key positions in the last 15 years. But this will be the same as year, right? Rinse. Later. Repeat.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Can't you just watch the team and make your own fucking observations? Christ.
  • Options

Ok. Well I don't think he's played as poorly as people on here make it seem. This list seems to lean more to that narrative based, based solely on objective grades. They charted every snap he took this year. It wasn't just watching a few over thrown deep balls to Jaydon Mickens. PFF focus grades out every play and they love him. So are they wrong?

And the fuck did people expect from a true freshman?? His numbers were comparable to Goff, Luck and Rosen's true freshman years yet people treat him like Ronnie Fouch. I think it's crazy.
  • Options

I have and have always been a Browning truther. But it's also nice when a service like PFF, who has legit football people, agrees with what what I saw as well. They aren't wearing purple colored glasses. His talent is legit. People should be more pumped up becuase the best is yet to come. They like him better than Rosen and people still are salty. Man.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    pat_hm said:

It's so fun getting all you Anti-Browning people all rlled up.These are facts, idiots. Facts you obviously want to ignore to mold your narrative that the kid sucks. Pathetic.

Everyone sucks.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    pat_hm said:

I have and have always been a Browning truther. But it's also nice when a service like PFF, who has legit football people, agrees with what what I saw as well. They aren't wearing purple colored glasses. His talent is legit. People should be more pumped up becuase the best is yet to come. They like him better than Rosen and people still are salty. Man.
    So what?

He wins, everybody will love him.

He loses and he'll be hated as a false prophet, forever. Why do you care at all what others think?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    pat_hm said:

I love the Top 10 Sophomores list. It obviously pulls from a huge sample set of what, 30-40 guys who got significant playing time as freshmen.

I want to see a Top 10 list of grad assistants next.

I don't how many kids it pulls from but in this day and age there are WAY more than 30- 40 true freshman playing in college football. Where did you pull that number from? Your ass?? There was probably 40 true freshman who played in the pac 12!!! That's only 3 per team average there smart guy. Good call, bud. Nice effort to attempt to delegitimize this list to look cool in front of your friends.

I'd love to talk to the fans from Florida State, Bama, Georgia, LSU etc who also have players that made this list to see if they hate on their guys as much as the idiots on this board hate on our freshman. These SEC guys would kill for a talent like Browning. You guys are clueless.
    @JackTorsDawg2k true!!!??¡¡1
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

Clearly one of the best true freshmen QBs in the country last year. But yeah, shit performance fueling this narrative. Good grief.
  • Options

pat_hm said:

So what?

He loses and he'll be hated as a false prophet, forever. Why do you care at all what others think?
    He will win. UW will win. He's a winner. He's already hit Jake Lockers win ceiling in his first season, sky's the limit.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,073
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    pat_hm said:

Swaye said:

Off Season Natty was secured months ago. This shit is just piling on.

That off season natty joke just gets funnier every time. Except we've never been in a situation bringing back this much young, graded out talent at key positions in the last 15 years. But this will be the same as year, right? Rinse. Later. Repeat.
    Hey bud, I agree with you...on paper things look better than they have in a long time, but fuck if I haven't heard that to describe at least half of our losing shit seasons the last decade. I am on record as saying I hope like hell Pete turns out to be the guy, but he doesn't get any loyalty from me until he actually wins big. Putting beams in place doesn't mean shit if you can't build the barn.
  • Options
    pat_hm said:

An subjective bullshit opinion list is fact?
  • Options
    pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

So what?

He will win. UW will win. He's a winner. He's already hit Jake Lockers win ceiling in his first season, sky's the limit.
    Comparing Jake to Jack the Loser just proves how retarded you are.