Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fuck this Star Wars movie

13»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,536
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

I'm surprised that some of you are surprised. There is not other path for this franchise to take. You don't make Dark Knight coming off Arnold making cold puns. You have to make Batman Begins first. It's a nice, safe movie that reminds you that you love Star Wars. If you didn't like the movie you don't love Star Wars. Case closed.

Fucking THIS.

Disney dropped $4 billion to get this IP. If you thought they were gonna take any major risks with the first film, well I just can't help you.
    Disney could have put out 3 hours of ewoks gang banging jabba the hutt and still broken every record in the book. I don't know what the sequel is, but they have millions of dumbfucks who will buy anything they put out.
    Maybe they'd make money on the first film, and all the merch. But if they shit the bed with the first movie and pissed off the fans, they'd be killing a golden goose.

Now they can ride that shit to the bank for years.
    If Episodes 1-3 weren't enough to piss off the fans and make them not come back, there is nothing they can do to lose them now. HTH.
    I guess I can't argue against that on a Husky football bored.
    That was my next argument.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,515
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I got really, really, offensively fucking drunk tonight and saw Point Break. I'm sorry, but it was better than the new Star Wars. It was more entertaining, bro.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I hadn't watched it yet, then realized j don't give a fuck so read the thread to spoil it.

I did the whole marathon thing with some friends obsessed with it a few years back and at the end I just don't get it. Star Wars fucking sucks. There is nothing bad ass about it, but for some reason you have to think it's cool to be cool or something.

Liking Star Wars is the definition of being a hipster faggot. Im glad Han Solo dies at the hands of his son.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I still haven't seen it yet. Thanks for ruining it for me douchebag.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2016
    Doogles said:

I hadn't watched it yet, then realized j don't give a fuck so read the thread to spoil it.

I did the whole marathon thing with some friends obsessed with it a few years back and at the end I just don't get it. Star Wars fucking sucks. There is nothing bad ass about it, but for some reason you have to think it's cool to be cool or something.

Liking Star Wars is the definition of being a hipster faggot. Im glad Han Solo dies at the hands of his son.

How old are you?

edit: Not asking for a date. Unless you want one?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Doogles said:

How old are you?

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Doogles said:

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

How old are you?

Just throwing this out there in case you and Swaye are looking to citrusize this encounter.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The original trilogy was cool. The second one started off terrible and got better as it went on, but the writing was pretty cheesy. I'm not exactly itching to see the new one yet, because JJ Abrams is the Steve Sarkisian of directors. Sizzle.

Power Rankings of the first 6:
    Strikes Back
    New Hope
    Return of Jedi
    The one where the kid becomes Darth
    The one with Natalie Portman's tits
    Jar Jar Binks
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

Seeing photos of a Young Swaye is always special.