Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fuck this Star Wars movie

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Did you get your money back?

Swaye said:

haie said:

Hating the new Star Wars is about as hipster fag as it gets.

HTH

At this point I would rather be a hipster fag that calls out a shitty movie for what it is then some 40 year old nerd who's seen it 3 times already and says shit like, "I LOVED it but it's kind of unrealistic that Rey was able to get Jedi powers like that so quickly. I mean Luke had to get fisted by Yoda for 3 years before being able to do mind tricks like that."
    Awesomed for fisting reference.
    this actually breaks one of this website's few rules, but I'm looking the other way...

Merry Christmas
    Thanks. Merry Christmas to you as well, Derek.

By the way, I've been calling for the genocide of die hard Star Wars fans for a long time.

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'm surprised that some of you are surprised. There is not other path for this franchise to take. You don't make Dark Knight coming off Arnold making cold puns. You have to make Batman Begins first. It's a nice, safe movie that reminds you that you love Star Wars. If you didn't like the movie you don't love Star Wars. Case closed.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The movie sucks. It doesn't suck as bad as the prequels, but it sucks.

It's not Tripper Johnson, it's Nigel Burton.

A New Hope was Steve Emtman.

It was fucking lame. It's just like every other stupid fucking hero worship bullshit crap ass fag movie.

I still paid $15 to see it on opening day.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2015
    Aside from that faggot Star Wars shit, what other movie is Christmas Day worthy?

Laughed my ass off a few years back when we told the kids we were taking them to a war/action movie. Got them all fired up for a good shoot 'em up.

When Russell Crowe opened up in song for Les Mis , the WTF looks on their faces made being the dad/cash machine all worth it. They bitched for three hours straight.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I'm surprised that some of you are surprised. There is not other path for this franchise to take. You don't make Dark Knight coming off Arnold making cold puns. You have to make Batman Begins first. It's a nice, safe movie that reminds you that you love Star Wars. If you didn't like the movie you don't love Star Wars. Case closed.

I'm a fan of the old Star Wars movies.

This movie fucking sucked.

It was A New Hope's retarded son. It was pretty much the same fucking movie, only lamer.

Wow, another fucking death star? only it's not a death star....it's a DEATH PLANET!!!111!

In A New Hope the evil guys could blow up 1 planter, now they can blow up 5!!!! so badass and evil...

Kylo Ren is a faggot

Fin and Rey are dumb. Rey is hot though, which was one of the only redeeming qualities of the movies.

Luke has been doing yoga on a rock while the universe gets destroyed? el oh el

If you liked this movie you are dumb. Star Wars as a franchise jumped the shark a while ago. I had a new hope that this movie would be good after it got positive reviews at release. Instead it's return of the jar jar.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,536
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm a fan of the old Star Wars movies.

This movie fucking sucked.

It was A New Hope's retarded son. It was pretty much the same fucking movie, only lamer.

Wow, another fucking death star? only it's not a death star....it's a DEATH PLANET!!!111!

In A New Hope the evil guys could blow up 1 planter, now they can blow up 5!!!! so badass and evil...

Kylo Ren is a faggot

Fin and Rey are dumb. Rey is hot though, which was one of the only redeeming qualities of the movies.

Luke has been doing yoga on a rock while the universe gets destroyed? el oh el

If you liked this movie you are dumb. Star Wars as a franchise jumped the shark a while ago. I had a new hope that this movie would be good after it got positive reviews at release. Instead it's return of the jar jar.
    revenge*
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    As a 'Star Wars film' it was fine, as a stand-alone film it was kinda meh, and as a supposed sequel it sure tended to just recycle tropes from a new hope and empire. Hated Adam Driver and the whole first order plotting; the driver character is in no way equal to Vader, comes off as contrived and lame.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

haie said:

Did you get your money back?

Swaye said:

haie said:

Hating the new Star Wars is about as hipster fag as it gets.

HTH

At this point I would rather be a hipster fag that calls out a shitty movie for what it is then some 40 year old nerd who's seen it 3 times already and says shit like, "I LOVED it but it's kind of unrealistic that Rey was able to get Jedi powers like that so quickly. I mean Luke had to get fisted by Yoda for 3 years before being able to do mind tricks like that."
    Awesomed for fisting reference.
    this actually breaks one of this website's few rules, but I'm looking the other way...

Merry Christmas
    Simulated sex acts don't really count when we are talking about an 800 year old midget Jedi alien and a loser like Mark Hamill.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Its like revenge of the hipster fags in here...
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    Founders Club
    Derek...you're getting free pub as I just showed this to a whole bunch of non-Husky fans and they love your site.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    Founders Club
    What a shit show that was. Come on....the really, really big death star? Fuck me, the next generation of Jedi will be just like Obama only his mom and dad will love him.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

What a shit show that was. Come on....the really, really big death star? Fuck me, the next generation of Jedi will be just like Obama only his mom and dad will love him.

Derivative and lazy. Not that I expected better out of Disney, but would it kill the producers to put the work in to please both the fanboys and the normies?

Hopefully the pandering is over with ep 7, and they can move the plot forward. Still a "good" movie, but more because it wasn't aggressively bad, which is the bar with Hollywood these days.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fucking THIS.

Disney dropped $4 billion to get this IP. If you thought they were gonna take any major risks with the first film, well I just can't help you.
    It is true that I am beyond help at this point. I actually think Sunshine is up there with the best sci if movies off all time.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fucking THIS.

Disney dropped $4 billion to get this IP. If you thought they were gonna take any major risks with the first film, well I just can't help you.
    Disney could have put out 3 hours of ewoks gang banging jabba the hutt and still broken every record in the book. I don't know what the sequel is, but they have millions of dumbfucks who will buy anything they put out.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Fucking THIS.

Disney could have put out 3 hours of ewoks gang banging jabba the hutt and still broken every record in the book. I don't know what the sequel is, but they have millions of dumbfucks who will buy anything they put out.
    Maybe they'd make money on the first film, and all the merch. But if they shit the bed with the first movie and pissed off the fans, they'd be killing a golden goose.

Now they can ride that shit to the bank for years.
    If Episodes 1-3 weren't enough to piss off the fans and make them not come back, there is nothing they can do to lose them now. HTH.