Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cal Favored @ Washington

Comments

• Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    AZDuck said:

Don James needed a miracle to escape Berkeley with a W in 1991...Peterson's going to need some of that same magic Saturday.

Regardless of what the old fat man says, I'm not a Cal fan at all...i fucking hate them...but their offense is dangerous regardless of how bad their defense is.

That game was hard fought but how was it a miracle?

We needed a miracle in the '93 game at Cal, coming back from a 23-3 deficit. But not in 1991.
    I was trolling your senior citizen buddy. HTH.

The real miracle is DJ got to avoid Terry Donahue that season. Terry Donahue owned DJ, even though TD was a mediocre coach.
    If Donahue was a mediocre coach, what good coaches have been employed by the University of California, Southern Branch?

Dick Vermeil. And probably some really old fuck that is Races age.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Vermeil's best record at UCLA was 9-2-1 with a Rose Bowel win. That's good.

Donahue with 10-1-1 in 1982 (and won the Rose Bowl)
    He also went 9-2-1 in 1985 (and won the Rose Bowl)
    He also went 10-2 in 1988 (and won the Cotton Bowl)

The old man name you might be looking for is Henry Sanders, who went 66-19-1 over 8 years, invented the UCLA uniforms as we used to know them before Adidas fucked them up this year, and was responsible for UCLA's only Heisman winner and national championship
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited September 2015
    AZDuck said:

The old man name you might be looking for is Henry Sanders, who went 66-19-1 over 8 years, invented the UCLA uniforms as we used to know them before Adidas fucked them up this year, and was responsible for UCLA's only Heisman winner and national championship

UCLA History Knowledge Superiority Guy
  • Options
    BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2015
    AZDuck said:

Henry Red Sandeds also was found dead from a heart attack in a motel with prostitute a few years after he won a NATTY. You should have read the full Wikipedia Page. F for effort, fag.

Donahue was mediocre. Most broon fans view him as a slightly more than 'okay'. In the 80s and 90s UCLA/SC/UW all took turns dominating the conference, the difference between Donahue and Don James is TD never made it to a natty with Troy Aikman. Those teams were loaded top to bottom. Also his down years in between QBs usually got real bad. His teams were also very conservative.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I love that we're home dogs ... love even more that the line is getting pushed more in that direction.

Generally rule is to beware of the home dog particularly when that dog has the better defense.

And finally, we beat Cal 31-7 last year at their place with Cyler Miles at QB. I don't see our defense being materially worse year to year. Browning should be an upgrade over Miles. Is Cal really 24+ points better than us in 12 months? I don't think so.

We should beat Cal because they still suck, but this is ridiculous. Cal played their worst game of the season on offense against us last year. Against defenses just as good or better, they performed much better.
    So you're saying that Cal sucked last year because of Cal and not at all because anything UW did? Is that what you are saying?
    I'm saying last year doesn't fucking matter.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,527
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    @Tequilla's pick of 27-24 was exactly what I was thinking.

Now I'm really looking forward to the O / U coming out. I'd guess it will be 66 with the under being enticing.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    UW wins this game rather easily...
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,007
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Winner will have somewhere between 33-38 pts. The loserLooser will have between 20-27 pts.
  • Options
    FrankBear21FrankBear21 Member Posts: 31
    What's the consensus on Washington? Do you guys think you are better or worse than last year?
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

What's the consensus on Washington? Do you guys think you are better or worse than last year?

Really hard to say after 3 scrimmages...
  • Options
    SpoogeDawgSpoogeDawg Member Posts: 379
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic

Your trolling right? We are in the North so we suck every year. Until we join the south we are bad because the south is tuff. Outside of Shaq as a RB our O sucked with no QB. We had 4-5 great players on D that had holes and depth issues in the back end. Peters had trust issues and we had two stud db's that came along as the season went on.

I expect a good game and your D looks like our O last year and we still won at your place. We win rather easy, 34-17?
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,846
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

I think it opened at 2 or 2.5 and now it's Washington +4.5

Maybe the sharps will come in at the end of the week and push it down to UW +3.

The one thing the betting public tends to over-value is a high powered offense. And Cal (ranked too high) has managed to throw some points up on the board so far this year.

If the line keeps moving I'd like to lock in a bet sometime Thursday. If the line pushes again in the same direction like the BSU game, I'll probably double down. If the sharps move it back, I'll be happy I locked in.
  • Options
    FrankBear21FrankBear21 Member Posts: 31
    What will be interesting is how your D does bs an offense that actually can be considered at least average. (Not trying to troll but it is true)

Our defense looked bad against Texas, but if you don't have a mobile QB, then it is a lot easier for us to defend.

They were sending 3 people deep through our shallow zone with the last being a wheel route. It was uncovered because we were worried about the QB running. They got a couple open receptions off it, so we switched coverage and didn't have CBs in the flats anymore. This allowed Heard to run, and he was just too fast for us.

Bottom line is that not many teams have a QB like that who can exploit our weakness.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    HFNY said:

@Tequilla's pick of 27-24 was exactly what I was thinking.

Now I'm really looking forward to the O / U coming out. I'd guess it will be 66 with the under being enticing.

Last I checked the line was 61 I think.