Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It's funny

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    haie said:

All the rights you have in this country were granted out of thin air.

I don't see it that way at all. Traditional rights actually have the individual in mind, impose personal responsibility on that individual, and don't fuck with other people by being granted. And they are founded on the same culture that made this country great. And even then some of those aren't explicitly granted. What the fuck does granting someone healthcare by virtue of being born in this country have to do with that? Healthcare is a service, not a right.

But I get it, fuck this country and everyone not in the 'have nots' crowd.
    Move to India. There's essentially no government there, that's what you want, right?
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    haie said:

I don't see it that way at all. Traditional rights actually have the individual in mind, impose personal responsibility on that individual, and don't fuck with other people by being granted. And they are founded on the same culture that made this country great. And even then some of those aren't explicitly granted. What the fuck does granting someone healthcare by virtue of being born in this country have to do with that? Healthcare is a service, not a right.

Like slavery?

haie said:

Like slavery?
    Fuck yes. I should have the right to own another human, especially a lesser person that is of colored skin.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,664 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Like slavery?
    Wow, you really tied me in knot there, bringing up fucking slavery. I guess since slavery was created and abolished we should no longer have rights that make any kind of practical sense.
    2001400ex said:

haie said:

Like slavery?
    Fuck yes. I should have the right to own another human, especially a lesser person that is of colored skin.
    I know I quoted you initially, but I'd rather not include retards in the discussion at this point.
    haie said:

2001400ex said:

haie said:

Like slavery?
    I know I quoted you initially, but I'd rather not include retards in the discussion at this point.
    Let's translate "I give up. You are right, bringing up the human rights of the history of America was FS".
    2001400ex said:

haie said:

2001400ex said:

haie said:

Like slavery?
    Let's translate "I give up. You are right, bringing up the human rights of the history of America makes your cunt flow like the Columbia river".
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

2. The only thing that matters to me, is how Obama fucked up MY medical insurance, MY medical care and MY medical costs. I was never one of the freeloaders demanding private medical care as a 'right', which of course... it is not.

The whole world isn't about you and what happens to you. You sound like a child that doesn't want to share his toy.

If medical care isn't a right then cheap medical care sure as shit isn't a right. You have to pay more. Deal with it. You don't have any rights on it.
    Fuck you. Healthcare is being transformed with providers being replaced with administrators and bureaucrats sucking up ever greater percentage of the total expenses... and taxing us for it... This is not about providing healthcare whatsoever. It's about increased taxation and limiting the availability of resources. But hey, Healthcare Tourism says hi!
    haie said:

haie said:

Like slavery?
    Wow, you really tied me in knot there, bringing up fucking slavery. I guess since slavery was created and abolished we should no longer have rights that make any kind of practical sense.
    I was just shitting all over your "traditional rights of the individual" argument.

No need to get so sandy about it.

haie said:

haie said:

Like slavery?
    I was just shitting all over your "traditional rights of the individual" argument.

You have a point, there has been stuff granted in this country before that is fucking stupid. That doesn't mean that healthcare should be a right, and not simply a service that you need to earn.
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Like slavery?

You have a point, there has been stuff granted in this country before that is fucking stupid. That doesn't mean that healthcare should be a right, and not simply a service that you need to earn.
    Fine, stick to that if it is your opinion.

But spare me the "tradition" bullshit reasoning. Because some of our traditions are kind of embarrassing.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

2001400ex said:

PurpleJ said:

Thanks for admitting that he got elected on a lie.

Name one politician that's truthful. At least obamacare reduced the number of uninsured families and reduced the costs on average for families.

I guess starting holy wars is much more admirable.
    Everybody does it

Straw man

lather repeat rinse
    Flagged for incorrect order.
    Because we liberated slaves nearly two centuries ago, in the name of God, we need to mock all tradition??? Not sure I follow.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,230
    I sit on the fence here. As a type-1 diabetic, I've wanted to torch every fuckin' insurance company every time I've changed jobs and those cocksuckers wouldn't cover my "pre-existing condition" I have due to no fault of my own.

At the same time, the last time I was at the ER in fucking excruciating pain from a complication of my diabetes and watched 37 people with sniffy fuckin' noses and no insurance be attended to before me, I wanted to torch their fuckin' asses - especially when I did get in and they wanted to run 15 unneeded diagnostic tests so my insurance company could pay for all the uninsured shitheads that went in before me.

Face it, the insurance companies brought this shit on themselves. The problem is that the fix was nearly as bad, or worse, than the original problem was.

FYFMFE
    So, for you, all they had to do was mandate pre-existing condition coverage and you were golden?
    edited April 2015
    dflea said:

I sit on the fence here. As a type-1 diabetic, I've wanted to torch every fuckin' insurance company every time I've changed jobs and those cocksuckers wouldn't cover my "pre-existing condition" I have due to no fault of my own.

At the same time, the last time I was at the ER in fucking excruciating pain from a complication of my diabetes and watched 37 people with sniffy fuckin' noses and no insurance be attended to before me, I wanted to torch their fuckin' asses - especially when I did get in and they wanted to run 15 unneeded diagnostic tests so my insurance company could pay for all the uninsured shitheads that went in before me.

Face it, the insurance companies brought this shit on themselves. The problem is that the fix was nearly as bad, or worse, than the original problem was.

FYFMFE

Imagine if both parties got together and worked on a fix. Rather than one party saying "fuck you, we passed it, live with it bitches." and the other one saying "fuck you, this is shit, let's repeal it and go back to worse shit".
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,230

So, for you, all they had to do was mandate pre-existing condition coverage and you were golden?

Pretty much.

But nobody could give a fuckin' inch, so here we are a mile away.

My premiums actually have actually been pretty stable over the last couple years, so the Obamacare catastrophe I've heard about hasn't really landed on me. I have some friends that haven't fared as well, though.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,039 Founders Club
    Medical care could be a right. I wouldn't argue against that. Insurance coverage isnt.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,039 Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

dflea said:

FYFMFE

Imagine if both parties got together and worked on a fix. Rather than one party saying "fuck you, we passed it, live with it bitches." and the other one saying "fuck you, this is shit, let's repeal it and go back to worse shit".
    Everybody does it.

I like to pretend Obama didn't get exactly what he rammed through as he told the republicans to fuck off.

Hondo fs

2001400ex said:

dflea said:

FYFMFE

Everybody does it.

I like to pretend Obama didn't get exactly what he rammed through as he told the republicans to fuck off.

Hondo fs
    So you would rather just do nothing with health care. You liked ridiculous charges cause all the poor went to the ER and didn't pay. Plus 8-10% increase in insurance and medical costs every year.