Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Which Husky game made you a fan for life?

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Mosster47 said:

CaptainPJ said:

Mosster47 said:

I am 32 years old and I don't have a recollection of UW ever being very good. There was 2000, but I watched the Ducks beat the Huskies that year at Autzen. Same as it ever was.

I was at "The Pick." It was cool, but I was still really young and didn't realize how important that Rose Bowl trip was.

What did it for me was Husky Stadium in 1997. What a bunch of smug asshole fans UW had back in those days. It was three 14 year old kids and one of our mom's. The shit that grown ass men said to us was ridiculous. Now having spent a lot of time on message boards with the people who would have made up that caring fan base in those days I totally get it.

Anyway, UW had those $75k purple helmets and yellow pants. So, so many empty seats. Just a complete shit show in contrast to the mighty Husky football program we were all supposed to witness. Akili floats that pass up, Pat catches it, and what little pride Husky fans had left was gone. UW has maybe beaten Oregon three times since then.

That is what did it for me. UW turned into absolute shit and still completely is while Oregon is one of the elite programs in the country. Sure, Don James quitting started the bleeding but to actually be there when Husky football died was something truly special.

I went back in 2007 and most Husky fans wouldn't even look me in the eye. Many were complimentary of Oregon. Empathy and battered wife syndrome had set in. Fast forward to last season with UW's new "gem" of a coach with his All-American littered defense that would turn the tide. Oregon has to start coasting early in the 3rd quarter as their 19 year old running back was starting to run up the score on his own. Same as it ever was.

Short version:

I'm a fucking cunt who's entire life revolves around a runner up team of 20 year olds.

Says the guy on an internet message board that revolves around a group or 20 year olds that would suck a mile of dick to be relevant by November.

You're in over your head.

Tell me more

Who gets to pose with half a ring?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,820
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I know you're being sarcastic but they got full rings
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I don't know if there was a specific game. The first game I ever went to was 1990 UCLA, which cost us back to back national championships. Went to almost every game in 1991 and 1992. Nebraska 1992 was by far the biggest game around that time. So it would be that for me. I remember thinking the overhang might collapse it was so loud and frenzied during the safety.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

I know you're being sarcastic but they got full rings

*sarkastic
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,652
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The 78 Rose Bowl against Michigan.

My first UW sweat pants boner.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Not a single game for me either. I remember Sixkiller, Jim Owens Bob Hunt, Mike Price... I remember the bookstore selling 6 purple jerseys. The mid 70s Rose Bowl was huge for football here. Remember no fuckin NFL then, no 12s. The 2000 season was huge, esp the Miami game. I've never seen anything quite as nuts as that the games at UPS in the 70's.

flagged for UPS. If it were PLU or Whitworth I would have let it slide.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

Mosster47 said:

CaptainPJ said:

Mosster47 said:

I am 32 years old and I don't have a recollection of UW ever being very good. There was 2000, but I watched the Ducks beat the Huskies that year at Autzen. Same as it ever was.

I was at "The Pick." It was cool, but I was still really young and didn't realize how important that Rose Bowl trip was.

What did it for me was Husky Stadium in 1997. What a bunch of smug asshole fans UW had back in those days. It was three 14 year old kids and one of our mom's. The shit that grown ass men said to us was ridiculous. Now having spent a lot of time on message boards with the people who would have made up that caring fan base in those days I totally get it.

Anyway, UW had those $75k purple helmets and yellow pants. So, so many empty seats. Just a complete shit show in contrast to the mighty Husky football program we were all supposed to witness. Akili floats that pass up, Pat catches it, and what little pride Husky fans had left was gone. UW has maybe beaten Oregon three times since then.

That is what did it for me. UW turned into absolute shit and still completely is while Oregon is one of the elite programs in the country. Sure, Don James quitting started the bleeding but to actually be there when Husky football died was something truly special.

I went back in 2007 and most Husky fans wouldn't even look me in the eye. Many were complimentary of Oregon. Empathy and battered wife syndrome had set in. Fast forward to last season with UW's new "gem" of a coach with his All-American littered defense that would turn the tide. Oregon has to start coasting early in the 3rd quarter as their 19 year old running back was starting to run up the score on his own. Same as it ever was.

Short version:

I'm a fucking cunt who's entire life revolves around a runner up team of 20 year olds.

Says the guy on an internet message board that revolves around a group or 20 year olds that would suck a mile of dick to be relevant by November.

Tell me more

• Options
    Dawgenhire#3Dawgenhire#3 Member Posts: 13
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    Lifetime SC fan here, nothing better than beating Fucla and ND unless it's one of our many RB wins or a bcs title...as a temporary Washington fan for a few years beating Georgia State was special last year.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    CaptainPJ said:

Mosster47 said:

CaptainPJ said:

Mosster47 said:

Short version:

Wrong again.

I am not "in," on any message board, and November is important to me for things other than watching boys run around in colorful unis.

Carry on, faggot. I don't want or need to compete with your internet boy prowess.

Yet here you still are. This matters to you and you're a bag of shit on both message boards and life. Best of luck fighting hunger during the holiday, maybe.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Gladstone said:

AZDuck said:

Mosster47 said:

CaptainPJ said:

Mosster47 said:

Short version:

Tell me more

Revenge of the nerds up in here.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Lifetime SC fan here, nothing better than beating Fucla and ND unless it's one of our many RB wins or a bcs title...as a temporary Washington fan for a few years beating Georgia State was special last year.

DJ...
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,314
    Founders Club

DJ...
    I've got my eye on him...
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

The last 11 years

have been sexless for you?
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,003
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2015
    AZDuck said:

college football is important. winning in November is important. If you disagree then fuck you

I can see why a duck with think this way. You know, playing for the NC is much. much, much more important that actually winning the NC or multiple NCs.

This would explain why multiple dicks need to interrupt a Husky thread on a Husky board.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,314
    Founders Club
    EwaDawg said:

AZDuck said:

college football is important. winning in November is important. If you disagree then fuck you

This would explain why multiple dicks need to interrupt a Husky thread on a Husky board.

Maybe the Husky and Duck forums here need to be separate but equal. Segregation now, segregation forever.