Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What I'm hearing

Comments

• sjdsjd Member Posts: 270
    Legion of Gone
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter
    Legion of Gone
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,764 Founders Club
    Legion of Gone
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    Legion of Gone.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    But seriously, we have no WR's.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

AZDuck said:

This whole incident really drives home how much steak >>>> sizzle when evaluating TBS.

I remember poasting about how 100% of Oregon commits made it into school over something like a 4 year period... which increases the chances of those guys getting into the program and eventually contributing on the field. Sark really fucked you guys by burning redshirts unnecessarily and just lazy recruiting.

As someone who has really started digging into recruiting and what not, I think more than anything Sark's biggest failure (and also the regimes before him) was roster management. Too many players have left, too many never came in. It's about finding guys who are a fit for your program, that hasn't happened around here for a long time.
    Now, don't be pickin' on RoadDawg's boy.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

AZDuck said:

This whole incident really drives home how much steak >>>> sizzle when evaluating TBS.

I remember poasting about how 100% of Oregon commits made it into school over something like a 4 year period... which increases the chances of those guys getting into the program and eventually contributing on the field. Sark really fucked you guys by burning redshirts unnecessarily and just lazy recruiting.

As someone who has really started digging into recruiting and what not, I think more than anything Sark's biggest failure (and also the regimes before him) was roster management. Too many players have left, too many never came in. It's about finding guys who are a fit for your program, that hasn't happened around here for a long time.
    Now, don't be pickin' on RoadDawg's boy.
    Yeah, I love Sark.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter
    And @guntlove‌ in the spirit of this morning of hilarity, real life lolz on your new profile pic.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    AZDuck said:

But how is Sark a bad recruiter?
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    AZDuck said:

To be fair your school lets in guys like LaGarrette Blount. Who doesn't make it in at Oregon?
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,605
    It's too bad we couldn't nab a JC WR. UW should really start taking PE class transfer credits damn it!

Hall leaving makes more sense as why the staff is still going hard after Castille and trying to get in AD Miller. It sounds like Hawkins is looking harder elsewhere but if he wants to play early and likely be in the two deeps, Washington is the place for him (unless he's too skinny). I like Pound's loose mesmerizing hips, especially if he plays WR rather than DB.

If Mickens leaves (maybe he wants to transfer to Okie State, redshirt, and then play one year there), then we are really f'ed. Ross would have to move back to fill his position...robbing Peter to pay Paul there.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,616 Standard Supporter
    So with no WRs and an inexperience line we can trot Miley out at QB again and score about 10 points a game. Sounds awesome.

2016 will be special.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Sounds like a lot of multiple TE and jumbo formations to me
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    edited January 2015

AZDuck said:

To be fair your school lets in guys like LaGarrette Blount. Who doesn't make it in at Oregon?
    Low tweak.

Things have changed a lot since Bellotti recruited Blount. The staff isn't taking chances on guys like they used to. The last one we did (Lyerla, mostly because we just couldn't pass on that kind of an in-state talent since it almost never happens in Oregon) well, they kicked his ass off the team.

Also, too - we have the same admissions requirements the rest of the Pac-12 (minus Stanford) has for athletes. Don't fucking kid yourself.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Low tweak.

Things have changed a lot since Bellotti recruited Blount. The staff isn't taking chances on guys like they used to. The last one we did (Lyerla, mostly because we just couldn't pass on that kind of an in-state talent since it almost never happens in Oregon) well, they kicked his ass off the team.

Also, too - we have the same admissions requirements the rest of the Pac-12 (minus Stanford) has for athletes. Don't fucking kid yourself.
    Outside of PE credits, of course. Faggotty wink---> ;)
    If we're bashing PE credits... then... well, I don't really give a fuck about PE credits.
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    edited January 2015
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Low tweak.

So besides coke heads you guys are the Stanford of the Willamette Valley?

Don't fucking kid yourself. That entire school is built off kids that sucked at math and were rejected by UCs.

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Low tweak.

So besides coke heads you guys are the Stanford of the Willamette Valley?

Don't fucking kid yourself. That entire school is built off kids that sucked at math and were rejected by UCs.
    English motherfucker. Do you speak it?

Oregon undergrad is mediocre as fuck. That's why I went to a west-coast Middlebury for my undergrad. Nobody disputes this.

Athletes have much lower admissions standards. Lower, even, than the not-so-lofty standards Oregon holds its normal undergrads to. In the Pac-12, those standards are the NCAA minimums. Which many schools still struggle to get their athletes to meet in order to enroll after committing.

Oregon's football program has gotten very good at getting kids who are academically qualified, and is not taking flyers on nearly as many marginal academic qualifiers as they used to. This is why Oregon has enrolled 100% of its LOI-signing football athletes for the past 4 or 5 years running. This is kind of a big deal because it significantly reduces attrition. When you look at an event such as the "St Tosh Day Massacre" where five kids committed on a single day (sizzle!) but I think only two or three actually made it into school and only one I think saw the field, and he's transferring, it's a big deal. That's 20% of a recruiting class.