Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What I'm hearing

13»

Comments

• BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    Quook post of the day.

Yes Oregon is admitting saints like Brandon Austin now. Belly laughs all around.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    With all the receivers leaving it appears as if Miles is a better QB than we give him credit for.
  • doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Ball sack is in over his head.
  • H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098

@SpoonieLuv‌ on fire this morning.

I'm hearing that @SpoonieLuv has a butthole and it's working overtime.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

This whole incident really drives home how much steak >>>> sizzle when evaluating TBS.

I remember poasting about how 100% of Oregon commits made it into school over something like a 4 year period... which increases the chances of those guys getting into the program and eventually contributing on the field. Sark really fucked you guys by burning redshirts unnecessarily and just lazy recruiting.

To be fair your school lets in guys like LaGarrette Blount. Who doesn't make it in at Oregon?
    Low tweak.

Things have changed a lot since Bellotti recruited Blount. The staff isn't taking chances on guys like they used to. The last one we did (Lyerla, mostly because we just couldn't pass on that kind of an in-state talent since it almost never happens in Oregon) well, they kicked his ass off the team.

Also, too - we have the same admissions requirements the rest of the Pac-12 (minus Stanford) has for athletes. Don't fucking kid yourself.
    So besides coke heads you guys are the Stanford of the Willamette Valley?

Don't fucking kid yourself. That entire school is built off kids that sucked at math and were rejected by UCs.
    English motherfucker. Do you speak it?

Oregon undergrad is mediocre as fuck. That's why I went to a west-coast Middlebury for my undergrad. Nobody disputes this.

Athletes have much lower admissions standards. Lower, even, than the not-so-lofty standards Oregon holds its normal undergrads to. In the Pac-12, those standards are the NCAA minimums. Which many schools still struggle to get their athletes to meet in order to enroll after committing.

Oregon's football program has gotten very good at getting kids who are academically qualified, and is not taking flyers on nearly as many marginal academic qualifiers as they used to. This is why Oregon has enrolled 100% of its LOI-signing football athletes for the past 4 or 5 years running. This is kind of a big deal because it significantly reduces attrition. When you look at an event such as the "St Tosh Day Massacre" where five kids committed on a single day (sizzle!) but I think only two or three actually made it into school and only one I think saw the field, and he's transferring, it's a big deal. That's 20% of a recruiting class.
    Do we really have a Duck and a Bruin arguing about something wholly unrelated to UW football on our bored?
  • ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    Maybe we get hire GT's OC and become a pure option team...
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

This whole incident really drives home how much steak >>>> sizzle when evaluating TBS.

I remember poasting about how 100% of Oregon commits made it into school over something like a 4 year period... which increases the chances of those guys getting into the program and eventually contributing on the field. Sark really fucked you guys by burning redshirts unnecessarily and just lazy recruiting.

To be fair your school lets in guys like LaGarrette Blount. Who doesn't make it in at Oregon?
    Low tweak.

Things have changed a lot since Bellotti recruited Blount. The staff isn't taking chances on guys like they used to. The last one we did (Lyerla, mostly because we just couldn't pass on that kind of an in-state talent since it almost never happens in Oregon) well, they kicked his ass off the team.

Also, too - we have the same admissions requirements the rest of the Pac-12 (minus Stanford) has for athletes. Don't fucking kid yourself.
    That is absolutely untrue and an outright lie
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    I like to mix basketball and football when someone makes a point of saying "the football program;" it's what I like to do.

Recruiting is one thing the Oregon coaches have gotten right, really really right, since Chip Kelly. Don't believe me? I don't care. We'll keep winning the conference and shit.
  • blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184

AZDuck said:

To be fair AZ duck has been talking about the success oregon has had in the last 4-5 years in recruiting. Blount was 7 years ago.

BTW your post sounds suspiciously like academic smack....
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    To be fair, tLPT have been talking about the success Sark has had in the last 4-5 years of recruiting and how it's been at times, better than Oregon.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club

AZDuck said:

To be fair AZ duck has been talking about the success oregon has had in the last 4-5 years in recruiting. Blount was 7 years ago.

BTW your post sounds suspiciously like academic smack....
    PUMP MY GAS DUCK!!!!!
  • BallSackedBallSacked Member Posts: 3,279
    AZDuck said:

I like to mix basketball and football when someone makes a point of saying "the football program;" it's what I like to do.

Recruiting is one thing the Oregon coaches have gotten right, really really right, since Chip Kelly. Don't believe me? I don't care. We'll keep winning the conference and shit.

Keep?

They had a once-in-a-lifetime talent at QB and they won the division once.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Oregon's won the league 7 times since UCLA last won it. Won two Rose Bowls in the last five years. You can Stanford all you want, your team won't suck any less
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    I'm hearing that Hundley is also a once in a lifetime talent
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    so... Mora just didn't develop him properly?

I'm hearing that Hundley is also a once in a lifetime talent