Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Owen seriously in play

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,404
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
I think the squad was in better shape heading into 2008 because they had Jack Lockner. Had he not got hurt that was a 1-11 ball club

I woke up to the realization that we are truly fucked

DeBoer probably is a great coach which makes it worse. The expectation was that Sark would crash at USC and he did. I'd love for DeBoer to go 5-7 and get caught with dead hookers in his trunk and Grubb finally is revealed as a family massacre serial killer but none of that helps UW now.

Kill it. Starve it. The management that allowed the program to be in this position is unacceptable.

On the bright side there is no bright side. Truly fucked

Comments

• Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

The bright side is that you can now free up your Saturdays.

No doubt, Plus my risk of stroke will go down during a 3 1/2 hour time frame on Saturdays.
  • Options
    ScoreboardBabyScoreboardBaby Member Posts: 36
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    The right coach can turn it around in 2 years... This doesn't have to be a Gilby/Ty free fall... With NIL and the portal it's definitely possible...

This hire is insanely important.
  • Options
    CrispyEatersonCrispyEaterson Member Posts: 278
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment

What am I going to do with that time now? Sign up for Reddit and troll Alabama game threads?
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

What am I going to do with that time now? Sign up for Reddit and troll Alabama game threads?

• Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

This is true. I stopped watching the NFL and my Sundays have been amazing. I still needed sports though and watched a lot of college football.

Also, I love the new avatar.
  • Options
    QruelQruel Member Posts: 76
    AEB said:

I think the squad was in better shape heading into 2008 because they had Jack Lockner. Had he not got hurt that was a 1-11 ball club

DeBoer probably is a great coach which makes it worse. The expectation was that Sark would crash at USC and he did. I'd love for DeBoer to go 5-7 and get caught with dead hookers in his trunk and Grubb finally is revealed as a family massacre serial killer but none of that helps UW now.

Kill it. Starve it. The management that allowed the program to be in this position is unacceptable.

You are the ballast of this cesspool and have been the accurate voice of reason for centuries.

I respectively disagree. We offered 9.5 to a coach. We will get a guy and that guy will salvage next year. It won’t be what it could’ve been, but we will get a guy.

In 2008, the roster was ok, but everything else was gutted. The people who constructed that 9.5 offer are still there and can poach another coach.

The risk to my perspective: the people aren’t good. I don’t think losing DeBitch is the proper measurement however. We lost him to the super agent and Bama. We are not equivalent right now with Bama. We’re just not.

However, this job is very attractive. Two coaches took two teams to the CFP. There’s not many other programs that can say they’ve done that. It can be done again.

Finally, I fucking hate KFDB and will enjoy Georgia’s plunge ring of Bama next year. The South is going to hate KDB so fast. It’s in the clouds.
    inb4 UW offers 9.5 mil to an unproven assistant
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

This is true. I stopped watching the NFL and my Sundays have been amazing. I still needed sports though and watched a lot of college football.

Also, I love the new avatar.
    Thank you. I think it sums up the state of things.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AEB said:

You are the ballast of this cesspool and have been the accurate voice of reason for centuries.

I respectively disagree. We offered 9.5 to a coach. We will get a guy and that guy will salvage next year. It won’t be what it could’ve been, but we will get a guy.

In 2008, the roster was ok, but everything else was gutted. The people who constructed that 9.5 offer are still there and can poach another coach.

The risk to my perspective: the people aren’t good. I don’t think losing DeBitch is the proper measurement however. We lost him to the super agent and Bama. We are not equivalent right now with Bama. We’re just not.

However, this job is very attractive. Two coaches took two teams to the CFP. There’s not many other programs that can say they’ve done that. It can be done again.

Finally, I fucking hate KFDB and will enjoy Georgia’s plunge ring of Bama next year. The South is going to hate KDB so fast. It’s in the clouds.
    I hope you're right. I'm not there with this crowd in charge though
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    i dont care if they go owen, so long as they can tackle on defense and make every game ugly. that is the bar, for me.

fuck the offense
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    Founders Club
    phineas said:

i dont care if they go owen, so long as they can tackle on defense and make every game ugly. that is the bar, for me.

fuck the offense

"Husky fans love a 10-3 game in the rain"
  • Options
    CrispyEatersonCrispyEaterson Member Posts: 278
    I’d rather shut down the program than become Iowa.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’d rather shut down the program than become Iowa.

iowa would be a miracle for this team next year, at this point
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    8.5 didn't get it done. That's the institutional side. Low ball

It was obvious it would take 10 to 12. You don't get credit for making a shitty offer that wasn't accepted. 2nd place doesn't pay in this racket

The idea that this mythical 9 million is now in play for some fuckhead is something I need to see to believe

12 million to Lane and I'm back in again

Otherwise enjoy losing to Purdue