Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

SECDAWG just went the way of Damone

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
I really dislike this part of running the site.

Okay, first off, I am not accepting donations earmarked for banning anybody. I want to make that clear. I did that once upon a time with an obnoxious poster. In the moment I thought it was funny but afterward I didn't feel good about it and told myself I wouldn't do it again.

As recently as 45 minutes ago I had no intentions of banning SECDAWG. But I was seeing the super-obnoxious vomit posting and I began to send warnings.

In a PM I likened the situation to where I'm running a bar and sometimes he's the drunk guy going around from table-to-table harassing the customers and telling them their team sucks and Georgia would kick their ass. I conveyed to him that this is a big night in the history of Husky football and I would like to see our posters celebrate and enjoy themselves. It's fine to tell everyone that you think Georgia would kick UW's ass. But going from table-to-table, as it were, or thread-to-thread with the same vomit posting, was degrading the experience of the board.

It makes me feel uneasy to consider banning because I'm such a free speech advocate and don't like having to do this. But like with Damone telling me to fuck off, when I asked my southern pod to back off and let threads breathe and let the people enjoy themselves, his response was that people were dissing Georgia and he was "comin' hard". When I reiterated my points, he challenged me to ban him.

So reluctantly, I had to let him go again, and this time permanently. And let me say, when he's not drunkenly shit posting all over the board, he's a very interesting guy with an interesting life. I saw hundreds of pics of him and his family out hunting, fishing, enjoying the river, watching football, gathered around the 'ol fire pit, etc. I enjoyed those interactions.

But he's a Jekyl and Hyde type, and the obnoxious vomit posting on nights like this just became too much tonight.

Like with Damone, it didn't have to end this way. My conscious is clear but it's still sucks to pull the plug.

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    #bring back the pod

in like a week and a half when we are national champs
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Comin' hard for Georgia 🤣
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Can I still call people pods ?

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Too bad he couldn’t get it together. Always thought his take on things was off — more than most here — but at the end of the day, if you can’t control your gag reflex, it’s going to fuck you.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    In most years he is right. Sec is really good,

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,892
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    When it was more than three lines, my mind instantly went into TL, DR mode

I enjoyed getting under his skin. As someone who has been near or in the gulag a lot, I'm more tolerant of shenanigans, but I don't get what he added. He was the biggest SEC homer I've ever seen, and I used to be on a site that was half SEC guys.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,996
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

#bring back the pod

in like a week and a half when we are national champs

And then re-ban after talking shit for a few days.

No warning, just gone.