Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How will we ever beat Mighty Tejas?

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,655
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dahobbs said:

haie said:

Dahobbs said:

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

I’ll say it again, THIS TX team ain’t last years. Many of y’all seem to be looking ahead at Bama/Michigan. This TX front 7 is going to stop DJ like none this year and put pressure on Penix like none this year.

WA OL is going to win or lose this game. It won’t be Penix, DJ or the Receivers. IF they can protect and open holes on this TX front, they’ll have a chance.

I’m not shitting, pods. They front 7 on TX is very legit, esp the two DL tackles.

This won’t be a who can outscore who game in the 45-50 point range. The LOS is going to be huge here. That’s where folks are going to get beat the fuck up. No finesse. TX has found some physicality they haven’t had in a long time. I’m not saying TX is GOING to win, don’t twist, but this will be WA most physical game of the year, bar none.

It's the same roster as the Alamo with the same head coach who has a history of not developing anyone, but still.
    Just to add context to my previous post, players who will start or see significant minutes and did not play in the Alamo Bowl

WR Adonai Mitchell (2nd on team with 813 yards receiving, 15.9 avg, 10 TDs)
    LB Anthony Hill Jr (2nd on team with 63 tackles, 5 sacks)
    RB CJ Baxter (595 yards rushing, 4 TDs)
    RB Jaydon Blue (339 yards rushing, 6.1 avg, 3 TDs)
    S Derek Williams JR (38 tackles)
    DB Malik Muhammad (29 tackles, 4 deflections, 1 int) (freshman corner that got increased minutes until being a starter in the Big 12 title game, I believe cousin to Jabbar)

We also had a number of freshman and sophomores who played in the Alamo Bowl, but have improved greatly since, including most of the offensive line.
    Man those all look like real difference makers.
    They are. The two that are most impactful are Mitchell and Hill. Those are two future NFLers and the guys that played in their place last year were below JAG level. Just like having McMillan opens up your offense, having Mitchell really opens up ours. CJ Baxter and Jaydon Blue have filled nicely for Brooks since his injury, which is why their rushing totals are lower. Baxter is a bigger back and Blue will be the second fastest person on the field after Worthy.
    Mitchell played a bunch in the bowl game last year as I remember him and he's shown on the replay a bunch.

He wasn't a difference maker in the game.
  • Options
    Mitch_CumsteenMitch_Cumsteen Member Posts: 77
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2023
    haie said:

Dahobbs said:

haie said:

Dahobbs said:

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

I’ll say it again, THIS TX team ain’t last years. Many of y’all seem to be looking ahead at Bama/Michigan. This TX front 7 is going to stop DJ like none this year and put pressure on Penix like none this year.

WA OL is going to win or lose this game. It won’t be Penix, DJ or the Receivers. IF they can protect and open holes on this TX front, they’ll have a chance.

I’m not shitting, pods. They front 7 on TX is very legit, esp the two DL tackles.

This won’t be a who can outscore who game in the 45-50 point range. The LOS is going to be huge here. That’s where folks are going to get beat the fuck up. No finesse. TX has found some physicality they haven’t had in a long time. I’m not saying TX is GOING to win, don’t twist, but this will be WA most physical game of the year, bar none.

It's the same roster as the Alamo with the same head coach who has a history of not developing anyone, but still.
    Just to add context to my previous post, players who will start or see significant minutes and did not play in the Alamo Bowl

DB Malik Muhammad (29 tackles, 4 deflections, 1 int) (freshman corner that got increased minutes until being a starter in the Big 12 title game, I believe cousin to Jabbar)

We also had a number of freshman and sophomores who played in the Alamo Bowl, but have improved greatly since, including most of the offensive line.
    They are. The two that are most impactful are Mitchell and Hill. Those are two future NFLers and the guys that played in their place last year were below JAG level. Just like having McMillan opens up your offense, having Mitchell really opens up ours. CJ Baxter and Jaydon Blue have filled nicely for Brooks since his injury, which is why their rushing totals are lower. Baxter is a bigger back and Blue will be the second fastest person on the field after Worthy.
    Mitchell played a bunch in the bowl game last year as I remember him and he's shown on the replay a bunch.

You must have been watching Georgia then. He caught touchdowns in all of their playoff games over the past two years.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2023

haie said:

Dahobbs said:

haie said:

Dahobbs said:

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

You must have been watching Georgia then. He caught touchdowns in all of their playoff games over the past two years.

Yeah but still.

We?re better.

edit: I was also pretty wasted that game, but I thought there was *some* Mitchell out there.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

When going against Kwait, just think, what would David Shaw do

He would run right at them haha
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,518
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

Dahobbs said:

haie said:

Dahobbs said:

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

Lol
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

Dahobbs said:

haie said:

Dahobbs said:

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

Lol
    why let fact get in a way of good story
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,068
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

uw had vita vea, greg gains and levi onwuzurike. shitty 9-5 stanford team run their ass of the field.

A lot of Kwat Washington players are in the NFL

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Dahobbs said:

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

We do not care.
  • Options
    Dahobbs said:

haie said:

Dahobbs said:

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

Speed speed speed
  • Options
    haie said:

Dahobbs said:

haie said:

Dahobbs said:

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

He transferred from UGA retard
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Dahobbs said:

haie said:

Dahobbs said:

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

You think I follow the truck stop leagues?

My bad.

Fuck off.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,518

haie said:

Dahobbs said:

haie said:

Dahobbs said:

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

Baruch atah adonaiiii
  • Options

RTD said:

For all the newbies from Texas. Sark was ours? first. His fall to the top has been exquisite like a (DDY4's) teen bois hips. He's known as 7 Win Sark for a reason and his crowning achievement happened in the Ram, and is known as The Tosh Day massacre. If you're confused, you should consider pm'ing @String.

We're also not impressed with recruiting or stars because we're neighbors with Oregon
    We aren't impressed with recruiting stars, either. Trust me, no one has seen more 4 and 5 star recruits bust than Texas. The track record is absolutely jaw dropping. Texas makes Oregon look like a bunch of scrappy overachievers.
    USC and Tejas are equals when it comes to pissing away 4 and 5 star talent
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

Dahobbs said:

haie said:

Dahobbs said:

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

Baruch atah adonaiiii
    HH is no place for sermon seekers.
  • Options
    DahobbsDahobbs Member Posts: 34
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    TheHB said:

Texas beat Bama when all Bama could do is run the ball. Milroe was nothing like the QB he is today.

Texas has faced nothing like UW’s offense.

UW has faced better offenses than Texas.

Prove me wrong.

Eh, Milroe looked exactly the same later in the season as he did in our game. His QB rating was pretty consistent too across all those games (lower against better competition). He has a beautiful deep ball, but struggles with intermediate passing. From a total yardage standpoint, you've faced exactly one offense higher ranked than Texas, Oregon.

UW Opps - Oregon (#2), USC (#11), Zona (#18), Boise (#24), Or St (#32), Wash St (#41), UCLA (#43), Cal (#56), Tulsa (#63), Utah (#84), Stanford (#92), ASU (#109), MSU (#125)

TX Opps - OU (#5), TCU (#13), Kans St (#23), Kansas (#28), Ok St (#42), Bama (#53), TTech (#61), Baylor (#70), Rice (#71), Houston (#83), Iowa St (#86), Wyo (#108), BYU (#118).

Looks fairly comparable to me, with Washington facing slightly higher ranked offenses on average.

For reference, Texas is #9 and Washington is #12 for total offense.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,406
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dahobbs said:

TheHB said:

Texas beat Bama when all Bama could do is run the ball. Milroe was nothing like the QB he is today.

Prove me wrong.

Eh, Milroe looked exactly the same later in the season as he did in our game. His QB rating was pretty consistent too across all those games (lower against better competition). He has a beautiful deep ball, but struggles with intermediate passing. From a total yardage standpoint, you've faced exactly one offense higher ranked than Texas, Oregon.

UW Opps - Oregon (#2), USC (#11), Zona (#18), Boise (#24), Or St (#32), Wash St (#41), UCLA (#43), Cal (#56), Tulsa (#63), Utah (#84), Stanford (#92), ASU (#109), MSU (#125)

TX Opps - OU (#5), TCU (#13), Kans St (#23), Kansas (#28), Ok St (#42), Bama (#53), TTech (#61), Baylor (#70), Rice (#71), Houston (#83), Iowa St (#86), Wyo (#108), BYU (#118).

Looks fairly comparable to me, with Washington facing slightly higher ranked offenses on average.

And UW beat Oregon twice.
  • Options
    DahobbsDahobbs Member Posts: 34
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    And Oregon average 452 yards of offense in those two games.
    TheHB said:

Dahobbs said:

TheHB said:

Prove me wrong.

And UW beat Oregon twice.
    Sure. Washington is a good team. Never said otherwise.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dahobbs said:

TheHB said:

Prove me wrong.

You would trade your offense, 3 fingers, your sister and a bottle of vino for our offense. And you'd thank us after.