Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How will we ever beat Mighty Tejas?

Comments

• Options
    DahobbsDahobbs Member Posts: 34
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

SECDAWG said:

I’ll say it again, THIS TX team ain’t last years. Many of y’all seem to be looking ahead at Bama/Michigan. This TX front 7 is going to stop DJ like none this year and put pressure on Penix like none this year.

WA OL is going to win or lose this game. It won’t be Penix, DJ or the Receivers. IF they can protect and open holes on this TX front, they’ll have a chance.

I’m not shitting, pods. They front 7 on TX is very legit, esp the two DL tackles.

This won’t be a who can outscore who game in the 45-50 point range. The LOS is going to be huge here. That’s where folks are going to get beat the fuck up. No finesse. TX has found some physicality they haven’t had in a long time. I’m not saying TX is GOING to win, don’t twist, but this will be WA most physical game of the year, bar none.

It's the same roster as the Alamo with the same head coach who has a history of not developing anyone, but still.
    Just to add context to my previous post, players who will start or see significant minutes and did not play in the Alamo Bowl

WR Adonai Mitchell (2nd on team with 813 yards receiving, 15.9 avg, 10 TDs)
    LB Anthony Hill Jr (2nd on team with 63 tackles, 5 sacks)
    RB CJ Baxter (595 yards rushing, 4 TDs)
    RB Jaydon Blue (339 yards rushing, 6.1 avg, 3 TDs)
    S Derek Williams JR (38 tackles)
    DB Malik Muhammad (29 tackles, 4 deflections, 1 int) (freshman corner that got increased minutes until being a starter in the Big 12 title game, I believe cousin to Jabbar)

We also had a number of freshman and sophomores who played in the Alamo Bowl, but have improved greatly since, including most of the offensive line.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,547
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

UW isn't running at the middle. Those Texas guys are legit

You beat Kwat on the edges and with a thousand cuts

Run it at them anyways. Make them prove it.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,507
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

UW isn't running at the middle. Those Texas guys are legit

You beat Kwat on the edges and with a thousand cuts

Run it at them anyways. Make them prove it.
    Smash their face in?

#tuffnwliberals
  • Options
    Mitch_CumsteenMitch_Cumsteen Member Posts: 77
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

Why not? Worst case scenario you have to resort to using your heisman winning qb. Best case scenario is you destroy their confidence early and hang 50.

I would be fairly surprised if UW is able to pound it on Texas. If they? can, then the game is essentially over. Outside of the first quarter against Bama, nobody has really been able to run it consistently on Texas. The teams that hurt them were the ones who played up tempo and spread it around, and they mostly did it after Texas got out to a big lead and they had abandoned the run. That was the script for TCU, Houston, and Kansas State to get back in each of those games, and also on OU's game winning drive. The OU qb mostly hurt Texas with his feet, outside of the last drive.

I thought Oklahoma State had a pretty good plan on offense against Texas, but they just couldn't get stops on defense. I would do the same thing -- try to soften Texas up on the edges with quick passing game, and take some deep shots when you catch them in man. Once you get them spread out and maybe get the DTs fatigued a bit and thinking pass, then try to run it.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,533
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dahobbs said:

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

I’ll say it again, THIS TX team ain’t last years. Many of y’all seem to be looking ahead at Bama/Michigan. This TX front 7 is going to stop DJ like none this year and put pressure on Penix like none this year.

WA OL is going to win or lose this game. It won’t be Penix, DJ or the Receivers. IF they can protect and open holes on this TX front, they’ll have a chance.

I’m not shitting, pods. They front 7 on TX is very legit, esp the two DL tackles.

This won’t be a who can outscore who game in the 45-50 point range. The LOS is going to be huge here. That’s where folks are going to get beat the fuck up. No finesse. TX has found some physicality they haven’t had in a long time. I’m not saying TX is GOING to win, don’t twist, but this will be WA most physical game of the year, bar none.

It's the same roster as the Alamo with the same head coach who has a history of not developing anyone, but still.
    Just to add context to my previous post, players who will start or see significant minutes and did not play in the Alamo Bowl

DB Malik Muhammad (29 tackles, 4 deflections, 1 int) (freshman corner that got increased minutes until being a starter in the Big 12 title game, I believe cousin to Jabbar)

We also had a number of freshman and sophomores who played in the Alamo Bowl, but have improved greatly since, including most of the offensive line.
    Man those all look like real difference makers.
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    For all the newbies from Texas. Sark was ours? first. His fall to the top has been exquisite like a (DDY4's) teen bois hips. He's known as 7 Win Sark for a reason and his crowning achievement happened in the Ram, and is known as The Tosh Day massacre. If you're confused, you should consider pm'ing @String.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,122
    Dahobbs said:

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,533
    Swaye's Wigwam

RTD said:

For all the newbies from Texas. Sark was ours? first. His fall to the top has been exquisite like a (DDY4's) teen bois hips. He's known as 7 Win Sark for a reason and his crowning achievement happened in the Ram, and is known as The Tosh Day massacre. If you're confused, you should consider pm'ing @String.

We're also not impressed with recruiting or stars because we're neighbors with Oregon
    We aren't impressed with recruiting stars, either. Trust me, no one has seen more 4 and 5 star recruits bust than Texas. The track record is absolutely jaw dropping. Texas makes Oregon look like a bunch of scrappy overachievers.
    Oregon is a bunch of scrappy overachievers.
  • Options
    DahobbsDahobbs Member Posts: 34
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

Dahobbs said:

haie said:

SECDAWG said:

Man those all look like real difference makers.
    They are. The two that are most impactful are Mitchell and Hill. Those are two future NFLers and the guys that played in their place last year were below JAG level. Just like having McMillan opens up your offense, having Mitchell really opens up ours. CJ Baxter and Jaydon Blue have filled nicely for Brooks since his injury, which is why their rushing totals are lower. Baxter is a bigger back and Blue will be the second fastest person on the field after Worthy.