Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How will we ever beat Mighty Tejas?

Comments

• Options
    DahobbsDahobbs Member Posts: 34
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Canadawg said:

Dahobbs said:

TheHB said:

Texas beat Bama when all Bama could do is run the ball. Milroe was nothing like the QB he is today.

Texas has faced nothing like UW’s offense.

UW has faced better offenses than Texas.

Prove me wrong.

Eh, Milroe looked exactly the same later in the season as he did in our game. His QB rating was pretty consistent too across all those games (lower against better competition). He has a beautiful deep ball, but struggles with intermediate passing. From a total yardage standpoint, you've faced exactly one offense higher ranked than Texas, Oregon.

UW Opps - Oregon (#2), USC (#11), Zona (#18), Boise (#24), Or St (#32), Wash St (#41), UCLA (#43), Cal (#56), Tulsa (#63), Utah (#84), Stanford (#92), ASU (#109), MSU (#125)

TX Opps - OU (#5), TCU (#13), Kans St (#23), Kansas (#28), Ok St (#42), Bama (#53), TTech (#61), Baylor (#70), Rice (#71), Houston (#83), Iowa St (#86), Wyo (#108), BYU (#118).

Looks fairly comparable to me, with Washington facing slightly higher ranked offenses on average.

For reference, Texas is #9 and Washington is #12 for total offense.
    You would trade your offense, 3 fingers, your sister and a bottle of vino for our offense. And you'd thank us after.
    Why would you say that? Y'all are better at the deep ball, that's for sure. But we got our strengths and I really like them. It is 3 NFL pass catchers receiving the ball from an NFL QB for each team.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,613
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2023
    Oregon had 308 yards in the second game. They had 11 yards of offense in the 4th until nix threw the 75 yard td which was all YAC against prevent. Nix had 169 yards passing before that play. Bucky had 20 yards rushing. Franklin had 34 yards receiving .
    Dahobbs said:

And Oregon average 452 yards of offense in those two games.

TheHB said:

Dahobbs said:

TheHB said:

Texas beat Bama when all Bama could do is run the ball. Milroe was nothing like the QB he is today.

Prove me wrong.

Eh, Milroe looked exactly the same later in the season as he did in our game. His QB rating was pretty consistent too across all those games (lower against better competition). He has a beautiful deep ball, but struggles with intermediate passing. From a total yardage standpoint, you've faced exactly one offense higher ranked than Texas, Oregon.

UW Opps - Oregon (#2), USC (#11), Zona (#18), Boise (#24), Or St (#32), Wash St (#41), UCLA (#43), Cal (#56), Tulsa (#63), Utah (#84), Stanford (#92), ASU (#109), MSU (#125)

TX Opps - OU (#5), TCU (#13), Kans St (#23), Kansas (#28), Ok St (#42), Bama (#53), TTech (#61), Baylor (#70), Rice (#71), Houston (#83), Iowa St (#86), Wyo (#108), BYU (#118).

Looks fairly comparable to me, with Washington facing slightly higher ranked offenses on average.

And UW beat Oregon twice.
    Sure. Washington is a good team. Never said otherwise.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Texas is very comparable to Oregon on offense but Ewers is a better downfield passer than Nix.

It's all about Sweat on defense and the linebacker number 0. If they stay out of Penix's face UW can get some stuff done.

Penix is a much more unique talent than any other QB UT has played. He can spray the ball anywhere.

I would go 4 minute offense all game long. But that's me.
  • Options

Penix is a much more unique talent than any other QB UT has played. He can spray the ball anywhere.

I would go 4 minute offense all game long. But that's me.

Agreed on Penix. That would probably be a good plan for y'all.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dahobbs said:

And Oregon average 452 yards of offense in those two games.

TheHB said:

Dahobbs said:

TheHB said:

Prove me wrong.

And UW beat Oregon twice.
    Sure. Washington is a good team. Never said otherwise.
    When yards equal points you’ll have a point.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dahobbs said:

Canadawg said:

Dahobbs said:

TheHB said:

Prove me wrong.

You would trade your offense, 3 fingers, your sister and a bottle of vino for our offense. And you'd thank us after.
    Why would you say that? Y'all are better at the deep ball, that's for sure. But we got our strengths and I really like them. It is 3 NFL pass catchers receiving the ball from an NFL QB for each team.
    Did you miss our QB at the Heisman event on Saturday? Or the fact that we have 3 WRs better than your best one? Our oline has allowed less than half the sacks. Our RB is a bully. They all played hurt for half the year btw. Do you have Gronk 2.0?
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Canadawg said:

Did you miss our QB at the Heisman event on Saturday? Or the fact that we have 3 WRs better than your best one? Our oline has allowed less than half the sacks. Our RB is a bully. They all played hurt for half the year btw. Do you have Gronk 2.0?

You like your team, I get it. It is a really good team. But come on, if you want to have a real football discussion, you have to keep some perspective. You do not have three receivers better than Worthy. He is going in the first round in the draft. Adonai Mitchell is probably slated as a late day 2 pick right now, similar to McMillan, although he could improve on that if he comes back another year.

As to Gronk 2.0, Ja'Tavion Sanders is widely recognized as the second best TE in college football after Brock Browers and will be a first or very early second round draft pick. He is athletic, has a great catching radius, and is almost automatic on any ball thrown in his general area.

At RB, Brooks was likely going to win the Doak Walker before he got hurt. Baxter and Blue have filled in nicely for him since then. Baxter should be the more powerful back with a high upside, but he is freshman still struggling a bit to find his footing. Blue is speedster with a good amount of inside running ability for his size.

As to sacks, your oline is very good in pass protection. However, I think a lot of the difference in sack numbers is QB awareness. Ewers at times this season would navigate the pocket poorly. He also has a tendency to hold on to the ball at times rather than taking the easy passes underneath. He has done better at that his last two games, so maybe the light is finally coming on a bit. We will see.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cmon, if you really want to have a good football discussion you have to acknowledge that all of Texas' players are better even though they played in the most limp dick power 5 conference and still lost a game.

-Dafaggs
  • Options

btw you didn’t mention our WR3 who also had a better season than worthy

Your offense is geared toward throwing the ball more at a 60/40 split. Texas has a 45/55 split in favor rushing. So it isn't surprising your receivers have higher statistics for the year. That isn't really a way to compare the caliber of the player. Polk is good, no doubt. But no one objective is going to say he is better receiver than Worthy. Hell, Worthy in your offense with Penix throwing deep would likely have shattered some records.
  • Options
    FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Dahobbs said:

Your offense is geared toward throwing the ball more at a 60/40 split. Texas has a 45/55 split in favor rushing. So it isn't surprising your receivers have higher statistics for the year. That isn't really a way to compare the caliber of the player. Polk is good, no doubt. But no one objective is going to say he is better receiver than Worthy. Hell, Worthy in your offense with Penix throwing deep would likely have shattered some records.
    I, for one, am thankful I didn’t have to watch him drop Penix’ deep passes this year
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Worthy probably wouldn’t even start on our team.
  • Options
    haie said:

Cmon, if you really want to have a good football discussion you have to acknowledge that all of Texas' players are better even though they played in the most limp dick power 5 conference and still lost a game.

-Dafaggs

I never said that. You guys are the ones claiming every one of your receivers is better than Worthy. It is just ludicrous stuff.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Yeah, but still.
  • Options

Dahobbs said:

I, for one, am thankful I didn’t have to watch him drop Penix’ deep passes this year
    That was definitely a problem last year. Turns out, he had a broken hand. He has very few true drops this year. Like Tyreek Hill, Worthy's speed and route running forces defenses to really adjust to him. He is a really hard cover for any defense and forces defensive adjustments that few receivers, even very good ones, can command. Odunze is definitely a more complete and well rounded receiver than Worthy in that he has way better contested ball skills and perhaps 90-95% of Worthy's speed. He is the only receiver y'all have that would be considered better than Worthy.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dahobbs said:

haie said:

-Dafaggs

I never said that. You guys are the ones claiming every one of your receivers is better than Worthy. It is just ludicrous stuff.
    I've lost count of the neutral/national people who think Washington's wr core is the best in the country. Distant second is Ohio State.

So yeah you sound like a fan boy going position by position and just stating as a fact that Texas is this superior, when the only reason they made it into the CFP is because ESPN needed Bama in there.
  • Options
    haie said:

Dahobbs said:

haie said:

-Dafaggs

I've lost count of the neutral/national people who think Washington's wr core is the best in the country. Distant second is Ohio State.

So yeah you sound like a fan boy going position by position and just stating as a fact that Texas is this superior, when the only reason they made it into the CFP is because ESPN needed Bama in there.
    Your wide receiver core is the best in the nation. I haven't disputed that. But that doesn't mean that we don't have some weapons too. And you still don't have more than one receiver better than Worthy. We have two very good future NFL receivers and a big bodied glue guy that have the most playing time at receiver. We don't have a third guy at receiver like Polk/McMillan. Sanders makes up for that a bit, but he is a TE, not a receiver, and presents a different kind of matchup issue.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

Worthy probably wouldn’t even start on our team.

I can't think of any Texas players that could