Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

How will we ever beat Mighty Tejas?

Comments

• Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Canadawg said:

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

Hurtful.

Ought to bode well.

Hey, get ready for another SEC championship.

Take you pills now.

Comforting……for ya.
    Wa dawgs won. They're in the football conference. The football. Conference. It's all going to come out soon. Where am I wrong? Defence this right ends that I don't want to hear. Hear? 13 is better than 12 where I'm from what do they teach you down there? Sabans time has come and gone he's bout ready for his Florida beachfront much like the rest of his team 1, 2, 3, Cancun as soon as Mich punches them in the mouth they don't want south Florida again.

Piss dawgs aren't better when Bamas better hmmrhead. Bammer losing the edge of $$$ now that it's legal gonna be a long march to the sea for them out to Cali next month.

Wa dawgs will be ready. Modern team. Modern coach pod. WA made Bama and WA can destroy Bama

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Dahobbs said:

Canadawg said:

Did you miss our QB at the Heisman event on Saturday? Or the fact that we have 3 WRs better than your best one? Our oline has allowed less than half the sacks. Our RB is a bully. They all played hurt for half the year btw. Do you have Gronk 2.0?

You like your team, I get it. It is a really good team. But come on, if you want to have a real football discussion, you have to keep some perspective. You do not have three receivers better than Worthy. He is going in the first round in the draft. Adonai Mitchell is probably slated as a late day 2 pick right now, similar to McMillan, although he could improve on that if he comes back another year.

As to Gronk 2.0, Ja'Tavion Sanders is widely recognized as the second best TE in college football after Brock Browers and will be a first or very early second round draft pick. He is athletic, has a great catching radius, and is almost automatic on any ball thrown in his general area.

At RB, Brooks was likely going to win the Doak Walker before he got hurt. Baxter and Blue have filled in nicely for him since then. Baxter should be the more powerful back with a high upside, but he is freshman still struggling a bit to find his footing. Blue is speedster with a good amount of inside running ability for his size.

As to sacks, your oline is very good in pass protection. However, I think a lot of the difference in sack numbers is QB awareness. Ewers at times this season would navigate the pocket poorly. He also has a tendency to hold on to the ball at times rather than taking the easy passes underneath. He has done better at that his last two games, so maybe the light is finally coming on a bit. We will see.
    i usually have to take a pretty long walk on the beach for perspective

btw you didn’t mention our WR3 who also had a better season than worthy

wait, how is polk still a sophomore?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Bama is still a scrappy band of 5 stars

it is crazy how having that dude at QB just elevates everything. we have one right now, fuck so sad he is leaving already
  • Options
    RobbielewRobbielew Member Posts: 10
    First Comment Name Dropper
    Two very good teams. Texas is better on the line of scrimmage. Y'all have some beast WRs, but Worthy, Mitchell, and Whittington are not far off them and Sanders at TE is serious weapon. Penix is better than Ewers, but every QB is pedestrian if pressured up the middle and that will probably decide the game. Worthy can be the X factor as he is a dangerous receiver and equally dangerous return man. I hear a lot of Sark commentary, but this is not USC or UW Sark. This is a dude that fell into hell and crawled out of it and those type of men are always dangerous, especially a gameplanner of his pedigree. While UW is a better team than last year, Texas is whole different animal. We all know last year don't mean a shit anyway. Should be a great game. Y'all should be confident and we should be confident. Look forward to seeing a great game between two excellent teams.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dahobbs said:

chuck said:

Watching some game highlights is making me feel better and better about this matchup. The Texas OL can be had. Fat, slow movers prone to complete jailbreaks in pass protection. They're a classic Sarkisian OL that can get rolling if you sit back and let them but are very vulnerable to quick penetration and disrupted plays.

I don't think that describes our offensive line at all. If anything, their strength is athletic ability and ability to move in space. We got some size, but we don't overpower at the line of scrimmage. One of the real strengths of this line is getting our in space with our screen game.
    nothing i love more than vintage sarkesian bubble screen
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Robbielew said:

Two very good teams. Texas is better on the line of scrimmage. Y'all have some beast WRs, but Worthy, Mitchell, and Whittington are not far off them and Sanders at TE is serious weapon. Penix is better than Ewers, but every QB is pedestrian if pressured up the middle and that will probably decide the game. Worthy can be the X factor as he is a dangerous receiver and equally dangerous return man. I hear a lot of Sark commentary, but this is not USC or UW Sark. This is a dude that fell into hell and crawled out of it and those type of men are always dangerous, especially a gameplanner of his pedigree. While UW is a better team than last year, Texas is whole different animal. We all know last year don't mean a shit anyway. Should be a great game. Y'all should be confident and we should be confident. Look forward to seeing a great game between two excellent teams.

LEAVE!!
  • Options
    RobbielewRobbielew Member Posts: 10
    First Comment Name Dropper
    FireCohen said:

Robbielew said:

so difference between USC sark and Texas sark is night and day huh?
    Yep. We used to call him 7 win Sark. Everybody had their doubts, but he has taken a program in purgatory and in three years has turned them into a playoff team. Tough to outlive your past, but I have always found resilience to be a quality of great leadership. You sleep on him and this Texas team and you gonna fuck around and find out. Y'all have a very good team no doubt. Great respect for what y'all bring, but there is a lot of dismissiveness on this thread. Gonna be a battle and this will be the best team you have faced all year long and probably vice versa. We are all about to see who is right.
  • Options
    DahobbsDahobbs Member Posts: 34
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    So, where is the board where the actual Washington grads post as this clearly isn't it?
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

IOW, I predicted my team and you yours.

All of the Sudden I’m a Saban ball gargler but you’re not a Duck .

Puh.

Pod you get some credit here, but you becoming a tidepod is lame. Puh?
    Huh?

Explain where I’m wrong or came off that way, specifically, other than pissing in some cheerios..
    Youre right that the best SEC teams are usually a tier above the rest on defense.

But no one here wants to hear a Miss State fan hyping up Bama, tidepod
    Awesome. Well, I’ll ask you the same:

Whose winning, Oregon or Liberty??
    *Who’s
    I was going to correct him, but it's not worth the effort. It's akin to tilting at winmills.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

IOW, I predicted my team and you yours.

All of the Sudden I’m a Saban ball gargler but you’re not a Duck .

Puh.

Pod you get some credit here, but you becoming a tidepod is lame. Puh?
    Huh?

Explain where I’m wrong or came off that way, specifically, other than pissing in some cheerios..
    Youre right that the best SEC teams are usually a tier above the rest on defense.

But no one here wants to hear a Miss State fan hyping up Bama, tidepod
    Awesome. Well, I’ll ask you the same:

Whose winning, Oregon or Liberty??
    *Who’s
    I was going to correct him, but it's not worth the effort. It's akin to tilting at winmills.
    After the 3rd one, I had to.