Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pac-12 Power Rankings Week Four

124»

Comments

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,575
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

DucksFC said:

Might Quook here a bit, but IMO Troy and Rome are on the same tier. Both elite top 5 level receivers in the country. After that, while Tez/Holden/Bryant are far better than any further options we've had for years, they're a step below McMillan/Polk. I do love Tez, perfect slot guy.

For us? I think the guy who makes or breaks the offense for the game is Bucky. I know this bored likes him too. He's my favorite Duck RB since LMJ, fucking beast. If UW stops him we? probably lose.

Defensively, I don't know. We? looked fantastic against a GOOD Colorado team, but sucked ass against Texas Tech. Though part of the issue with TTU was that we? haven't defended a running QB since football started for us (1994).

Game will be decided by QB play. Let’s see who shits the bed first.
    If Rome/McMillan/Polk are healthy not sure there is a defense in this country can stop them
    Seems like a good take. One of the big thing is as good as both QBs are they are both very prone to throwing 1-3 shockingly bad potential pick six throws per-game, even against bad defenses. Penix got away with his last year because he made up for it with a throw only he could make the next time he got the ball. I'm not counting on Nix throwing one because Oregon and Coug QBs simply never throw them against UW in tight games.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

dtd said:

Nix is not a clutch QB.

Nix is skittish in the pocket and an unsure passer.

Doog bullshit.

Define clutch. He had game winning last minute drives against WSU, and UNC in the bowel game, last year. He played on 1 leg in the win against Utah when everyone, including myself, thought it was going to be a bloodbath. The UW and OS losses are all time nut kicks I will never forget, but Nix had 600 yards and 5 TDs in those 2.

He's also constantly looking down field and going for big plays instead of running the ball. He's the opposite of skittish, he's in total command.

Oh, and I spent $400 to drive up to Dallas to watch him lead a last minute drive to beat Oregon(nothing else matters).

And yes, UW/UO is a name your score game for the Huskies this year, and I have come to peace with that. FYFMFE.
    He choked against UW. All I need to see. Also, FYI he knows he sucks compared to Penix and that he's not wining in Husky Stadium.

Nix is not a pocket passer, has clunky rhythm, bad feet, and doesn't process well. If UO gets behind by 14 points, it's over.

Have you ever been to a rocking Husky Stadium?

Not sure what this hill is that you're so eager to die on. Nix is a very good college QB, probably not a surefire NFL prospect. And?
    Not a guy who can pass his team out of a jam, make up a 10-14 point deficit by throwing the ball.

He’s an athlete and playmaker not a passer.

If he has to drop back and pass downfield consistently to make up a deficit he’s cooked.

Doing those things is clutch for me.
  • Options

Some of y'all are ridiculous. Don't really know where calling Nix not clutch comes from. He led a last second drive to beat Herbert and Oregon in his first ever season. His MO actually tends to be throwing bad picks early and cleaning it up. If Franklin doesn't step out of bounds he may have led a comeback against UW on TWO LEGS. He's a pain in the ass to defend and playing his fifth full year of college football so he's veteran savvy. I'd possibly trade some of Penix' passing ability for Nix' mobility.

Washington's passing game is much scarier than Oregon's and receivers 1-3 are much better. Oregon's run game is much scarier and Irving is a nightmare to defend.

Both defenses are major questions. Oregon blanking Colorado shows a lot more than UW's has, but they also got blown up by Texas Tech in a performance which is worse than any UW's has shown, so who knows.

Hard game to call right now. I think Penix being able to audible much better and easier in Husky Stadium opposed to Autzen could make a big difference.

Colorado is terrible. Boise st. and Cal are better than Colorado. CU has FCS lines and Oregon could have won without passing the ball.
  • Options
    TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

I like to call short passes an extension of the run game. I do that.

Philosophically you can hate it. That said, it doesn’t mean Nix cannot process the play when it’s a designed throw behind the LOS.
    Of course. And I think Nix is a good QB. I still think he is quicker to check down and/or run than Penix is. Regardless of the play call. That's all. Not really a knock, but I know you guys like to find slights even when they're not there. (Hi Dan Lanning!)
    Nix does not have good ball placement even on the multiple screens he throws.
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    DucksFC said:

FireCohen said:

DucksFC said:

FireCohen said:

DucksFC said:

Might Quook here a bit, but IMO Troy and Rome are on the same tier. Both elite top 5 level receivers in the country. After that, while Tez/Holden/Bryant are far better than any further options we've had for years, they're a step below McMillan/Polk. I do love Tez, perfect slot guy.

For us? I think the guy who makes or breaks the offense for the game is Bucky. I know this bored likes him too. He's my favorite Duck RB since LMJ, fucking beast. If UW stops him we? probably lose.

Defensively, I don't know. We? looked fantastic against a GOOD Colorado team, but sucked ass against Texas Tech. Though part of the issue with TTU was that we? haven't defended a running QB since football started for us (1994).

If Rome/McMillan/Polk are healthy not sure there is a defense in this country can stop them
    agreed. If our DBs can actually handle them I'll probably go full Quook because that would be one hell of an accomplishment.

the QB duel will be legendary.
    If your DB room can handle them… then that is best DB room in the country…no question. Cal game could have been far worse if McMillan was healthy
    Jackson/Florence are very good. They completely shut down Shedeur and Colorado's receivers. But UW is a far bigger task. Also they need to stay healthy because Bridges is mid, Manning is trash and the freshmen are too young.
    Bridges isn’t 100% right now. He would be a good option in dime. So, I hope the bye week helps him out.
  • Options

Colorado does not have a “good offense”.

That team is shit. Both lines are garbage. TCU isn’t a good team… I will say that was still a good win for Colorado though as I thought they had no chance.

Then they beat a perennial shitty Nebraska team whom I’m certain had averaged 4 points a game for a decade.

Good statement game by Oregon but Colorado is really bad.

That being said this sets up a perfect upset against USC at home.

I tried to warn coworkers in Atlanta that Oregon vs CU was a bad matchup. Oregon has the dudes to bull rush them and they didn’t have the dudes to stop them.
  • Options
    edited September 2023

TheHB said:

bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

I like to call short passes an extension of the run game. I do that.

Philosophically you can hate it. That said, it doesn’t mean Nix cannot process the play when it’s a designed throw behind the LOS.
    Of course. And I think Nix is a good QB. I still think he is quicker to check down and/or run than Penix is. Regardless of the play call. That's all. Not really a knock, but I know you guys like to find slights even when they're not there. (Hi Dan Lanning!)
    Nix does not have good ball placement even on the multiple screens he throws.
    Nix’s ball placement is very good. That’s why Oregon gets so much yac. Penix is insanely good.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

DucksFC said:

Seems like a good take. One of the big thing is as good as both QBs are they are both very prone to throwing 1-3 shockingly bad potential pick six throws per-game, even against bad defenses. Penix got away with his last year because he made up for it with a throw only he could make the next time he got the ball. I'm not counting on Nix throwing one because Oregon and Coug QBs simply never throw them against UW in tight games.
    UW OL is oddly pretty good, so i think we win a wild shootout.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,630
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

DucksFC said:

UW OL is oddly pretty good, so i think we win a wild shootout.
    Not really tested yet, but yeah, they're good. Oregon will get some pressure and hits. They did last year.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    I am quooking but if this dude turns in a 3rd stellar performance, we have by far the best secondary in the PAC.

I am really curious to see if he can handle Odunze.

Oregon CB Khyree Jackson vs Colorado:

🔒 36 Coverage Snaps
    🔒 2 Yards Allowed
    🔒 3 Pass Breakups
    🔒 88.7 Coverage Grade pic.twitter.com/6gLlEiUBgJ

— PFF College (@PFF_College) September 25, 2023
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 782
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    If I remember last year's game, both teams were trading touchdowns all the way to the end. I do know UW's defense is much improved this year. Haven't watched Phil Knight's vainglorious cum puddle yet, so not sure about them.
  • Options
    DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,112
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

If I remember last year's game, both teams were trading touchdowns all the way to the end. I do know UW's defense is much improved this year. Haven't watched Phil Knight's vainglorious cum puddle yet, so not sure about them.

looked like shit against Texas Tech but a lot of that was also that we? never defend running QBs so Shuck did what he wanted on the ground. Penix doesn't really run, so small miracles there. Pass defense was OK.

Colorado the defense was lights out. but stopping them is easy because their OL is worse than FCS. we'll see how they look against Tree although that isn't much of a measuring stick either, even though they're our? Cal in that we? always lose to them.

I would say the secondary is better because Jackson/Florence/Evan Williams are miles better than anyone not named Gonzalez last year. DL is better too, the young guys are wrecking shit. LBs have been trash, our best guy has been the baseball player who walked on because our best guy (Jacobs) has been out. If he's back for the UW game I'd feel better about them.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    DucksFC said:

looked like shit against Texas Tech but a lot of that was also that we? never defend running QBs so Shuck did what he wanted on the ground. Penix doesn't really run, so small miracles there. Pass defense was OK.

Colorado the defense was lights out. but stopping them is easy because their OL is worse than FCS. we'll see how they look against Tree although that isn't much of a measuring stick either, even though they're our? Cal in that we? always lose to them.

I would say the secondary is better because Jackson/Florence/Evan Williams are miles better than anyone not named Gonzalez last year. DL is better too, the young guys are wrecking shit. LBs have been trash, our best guy has been the baseball player who walked on because our best guy (Jacobs) has been out. If he's back for the UW game I'd feel better about them.
    The LBs have been great the past two games and they looked terrible the first two games. Bassa started to scape and kill against Tech in the 4th quarter. From then on the LBs have been fabulous. The player that has taken the biggest strides on the inside the past two games is Devon Jackson. We can shit in one hand and wish in another regarding Jacobs. Dude hasn't played in two years.

The Tech game was on Evan Williams and Jeffrey Bassa the first three quarters. They got eaten alive on the boundary. Evan Williams was playing his first game and that was a brutal performance, which we know is an aberration.

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Awfully warm for SEPTEMBER
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,575
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Why is this thread Ducks dooging more than anyone has ever dooged?
  • Options
    DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,112
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Why is this thread Ducks dooging more than anyone has ever dooged?

Everyone needs a fluffer
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,315
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

From what I’ve seen, Polk has elite hands. Troy Franklin has an elite release off the line. The dude is constantly wide open.

Tez Johnson will be the quickest on the field.

This should be an absolute battle royale.

Speed, speed, speed.