Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pac-12 Power Rankings Week Four

Comments

• Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    bisonduck said:

dtd said:

Nix is not a clutch QB.

Nix is skittish in the pocket and an unsure passer.

Doog bullshit.

Define clutch. He had game winning last minute drives against WSU, and UNC in the bowel game, last year. He played on 1 leg in the win against Utah when everyone, including myself, thought it was going to be a bloodbath. The UW and OS losses are all time nut kicks I will never forget, but Nix had 600 yards and 5 TDs in those 2.

He's also constantly looking down field and going for big plays instead of running the ball. He's the opposite of skittish, he's in total command.

Oh, and I spent $400 to drive up to Dallas to watch him lead a last minute drive to beat Oregon(nothing else matters).

And yes, UW/UO is a name your score game for the Huskies this year, and I have come to peace with that. FYFMFE.
    He choked against UW. All I need to see. Also, FYI he knows he sucks compared to Penix and that he's not wining in Husky Stadium.

Nix is not a pocket passer, has clunky rhythm, bad feet, and doesn't process well. If UO gets behind by 14 points, it's over.

Have you ever been to a rocking Husky Stadium?

Nix doesn’t process well? This is amateur hour. He is completing 80% of his passes but his processing is poor.
    He throws screen passes. Penix throws 30 yard downfield ropes. There's a difference.
  • Options
    bisonduckbisonduck Member Posts: 714
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

bisonduck said:

dtd said:

Nix is not a clutch QB.

Doog bullshit.

Define clutch. He had game winning last minute drives against WSU, and UNC in the bowel game, last year. He played on 1 leg in the win against Utah when everyone, including myself, thought it was going to be a bloodbath. The UW and OS losses are all time nut kicks I will never forget, but Nix had 600 yards and 5 TDs in those 2.

He's also constantly looking down field and going for big plays instead of running the ball. He's the opposite of skittish, he's in total command.

Oh, and I spent $400 to drive up to Dallas to watch him lead a last minute drive to beat Oregon(nothing else matters).

And yes, UW/UO is a name your score game for the Huskies this year, and I have come to peace with that. FYFMFE.
    He choked against UW. All I need to see. Also, FYI he knows he sucks compared to Penix and that he's not wining in Husky Stadium.

Nix is not a pocket passer, has clunky rhythm, bad feet, and doesn't process well. If UO gets behind by 14 points, it's over.

Nix doesn’t process well? This is amateur hour. He is completing 80% of his passes but his processing is poor.
    He throws screen passes. Penix throws 30 yard downfield ropes. There's a difference.
    You are a fucking doog moron. I don’t care what the depth of his passes are. You don’t throw for for 80% and have poor processing. His processing is his best trait.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

dtd said:

Nix is not a clutch QB.

Doog bullshit.

• Options
    edited September 2023
    The depth of his throws are schematic and not because Bo cannot process.

If UW can take away the short stuff, Oregon will lose. I give the advantage to UW because I think Oregon settles for more field goals.

The only pause I have with tagging UW as unstoppable is that interior OL. I just don’t think you’ve played anyone that can exploit it.
  • Options
    DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,120
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    I almost thought this was the Duck bored with all this dooging and quooking bullshit.

UW/UO game will be a pick your score. Both teams offense with the best of them, and defense questionably. First team to not shit their pants and actually play pass defense wins.
  • Options
    DucksFC said:

I almost thought this was the Duck bored with all this dooging and quooking bullshit.

UW/UO game will be a pick your score. Both teams offense with the best of them, and defense questionably. First team to not shit their pants and actually play pass defense wins.

Get ready for the next three weeks.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2023
    Sources said:

dtd said:

Nix is not a clutch QB.

Doog bullshit.

I agree with most of this, but Nix is not a guy who looks downfield "constantly"

Keep in mind, Oregon runs those sideline RPO’s 5-6 times a game, basically putting a “0” on 1/5 of his passes. That doesn’t include the standard quick screen hitters to the RB’s split out wide as well. Bucky is a very good pass catching back, so they also flank him out which lowers those numbers.

Basically, I’m saying that about 1/3 of Nix’s passes are “0” yards downfield by design, and not checkdowns.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dtd said:

Nix is not a clutch QB.

Doog bullshit.

Not sure what this hill is that you're so eager to die on. Nix is a very good college QB, probably not a surefire NFL prospect. And?
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,313
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Oregon has very similar overall metrics to Washington. How the Ducks go about it may be different but these two teams are fairly evenly matched. Going to be a hell of a game in 3 weeks.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,375
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sources said:

dtd said:

Nix is not a clutch QB.

Doog bullshit.

I agree with most of this, but Nix is not a guy who looks downfield "constantly"

Well, he might look downfield, but he is is quicker to pull the trigger on check downs and runs than Penix ... for a variety of reasons.
  • Options
    TheHB said:

Sources said:

dtd said:

Nix is not a clutch QB.

Doog bullshit.

Well, he might look downfield, but he is is quicker to pull the trigger on check downs and runs than Penix ... for a variety of reasons.
    On many of those throws we have blockers downfield and the throw has to be behind the LOS. Those are an extension of the run game.

It’s like many of you don’t watch Oregon.

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,000
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DucksFC said:

First team to 81 wins.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,375
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    bisonduck said:

TheHB said:

Sources said:

dtd said:

Nix is not a clutch QB.

Doog bullshit.

On many of those throws we have blockers downfield and the throw has to be behind the LOS. Those are an extension of the run game.

It’s like many of you don’t watch Oregon.

I value my eyesight.
  • Options
    TheHB said:

I like to call short passes an extension of the run game. I do that.

Philosophically you can hate it. That said, it doesn’t mean Nix cannot process the play when it’s a designed throw behind the LOS.
  • Options

Some of y'all are ridiculous. Don't really know where calling Nix not clutch comes from. He led a last second drive to beat Herbert and Oregon in his first ever season. His MO actually tends to be throwing bad picks early and cleaning it up. If Franklin doesn't step out of bounds he may have led a comeback against UW on TWO LEGS. He's a pain in the ass to defend and playing his fifth full year of college football so he's veteran savvy. I'd possibly trade some of Penix' passing ability for Nix' mobility.

Washington's passing game is much scarier than Oregon's and receivers 1-3 are much better. Oregon's run game is much scarier and Irving is a nightmare to defend.

Both defenses are major questions. Oregon blanking Colorado shows a lot more than UW's has, but they also got blown up by Texas Tech in a performance which is worse than any UW's has shown, so who knows.

Hard game to call right now. I think Penix being able to audible much better and easier in Husky Stadium opposed to Autzen could make a big difference.

All of this ^.

Although I will quook and say the Ducks D turned a corner after the tech game. DBs aren’t panicking, linebackers are playing their assignments, and Evan Williams, who had a rough outing against Tech, knocked off first game rust in a new scheme, and is playing much, much better.

I could say the same for UW too. The defense is better than last year.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Different people over the years have periodically posted conference power rankings each week. Figured it's time to do some now that conference play has started. I'll try to do them each week if I'm not too hungover or depressed.

1. Washington - I'm dooging for now. Sure, they haven't beaten anyone, but neither has anyone else, and they've beaten three teams now that are just as good as any team almost anyone else in the conference has beaten like they were high school teams. Still don't trust the defense though and specifically the pass defense.

2. Oregon - I think Colorado isn't very good. That doesn't mean beating them the way the Ducks did wasn't impressive. Nix/Irving/Franklin is up for best QB/RB/WR1 combos in college football and the offensive line looks better than I hoped it would after losing so much from 2022. The defense looked bad against Texas Tech and good against what seemed like a good Colorado offense going in. Which version they are probably dictates if they can win the conference or lose 2-3 games.

3. Utah - I guess. They need Rising back. Even with him back what are they doing to do if they're defense can't hold teams to 20 points or less?

4. USC - Absolutely do not trust this team. They've played maybe the easiest schedule in the nation thus far and looked vulnerable against a terrible ASU team. What's scary about this team outside of Caleb Williams?

5. Washington State - I know Coug fans. I think they might have the two best wins thus far. I'll reason they got two overrated teams at home, but at the very worst, they look like a tough out for everyone in the conference and Cam Ward is looking really good.

6. Oregon State - DJU is average at best and that's not good for them. Looks like losing their veteran DBs from last year is going to loom large. They're offensive line and run game is still good though and they probably would benefit from damn near running the option with DJU.

7. UCLA - Don't really know what to make of this team. Their QB could be pretty good by the end of the year and their defense could be surprisingly one of the best in the conference. Feels like they're a 7-8-win team tops though.

8. Colorado - I don't think they're very good and getting to even just a bowl game would be a big accomplishment. Their lines are terrible and they should get ran by any of the teams above them on this list.

9. Arizona - Not a good sign they barely beat Stanford. Their offense isn't as good as I thought it would be and their defense better than I thought it would be. If the rapist gets a hot hand they could sneak up on some teams.

10. Cal - Ugh. I don't know. Figured this was going to be a typical Wilcox team that has a good defense and is a tough out, but their offense is dogshit. Hoping Uw's offense is just that good.

11. Arizona State - I thought they were dead until they showed fight against USC. They look terrible at QB though, which means they'll light it up in Husky Stadium. Dillingham adds name to long list of people who look great in Eugene and terrible everywhere else.

12. Stanford - Thought they would easily be the worst after the Sacramento State. Looks like they could easily beat anyone below UCLA to me though.

Mostly agree.

Furd too high.