Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

3 years ago today

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,172
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Was the last time I set foot in Husky Stadium. Took Lil' Piss 1.0 to see the 2019 Apple Cup.

Still got a ways to go to catch @RaceBannon 's record. What's it at - like 15 years?

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2022
    Isn’t lil piss, shitting yellow and pissing green by now
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,338
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I'm getting close to 20 years since going to Husky stadium for a game. Been to some road games + the Peach Bowel, and 1 practice in Husky stadium in the past decade, but no gaymes.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,172
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

Isn’t lil piss, shitting yellow and pissing green by now

No. But might be WTE for the Beavers.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2022
    That was my last game too, Yella.

I don’t know if I’ll ever be back there, but if that was the last tim that AC was a good note to end on.

• Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,006
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The last time I was there was during owen. Oklahoma and whatever game preceded it or followed it. The plus one may have been a road game but I never flew up for only one game after Aloha Airlines folded (and my free flights ended).
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,289
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Went to almost every home game from 89-2004, went to one game in '19. The '19 game was the Oregon pants shitting, I might follow it up with another one next season.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,668
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I'm sure Yella thinks this is a personal shot since his disdain for shredding often has me talking smack about his favorite bands, but sharing this as an anniversary post is almost as bad as posting up an announcement that you're leaving the board because it's bad for your brand.

• Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,289
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

1973 - 2007
    RIP

TYFYS
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,696
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

After 28 years of being a season ticket holder at UW, I just can’t anymore. The joy is gone for me. We can raise money to bring in talent and develop them and they can walk away for a better offer. I really hope changes are made. I just can’t support this anymore. Go Dawgs.

This isnt really happening though.

If that were the case, Penix, Rome, and McMillan would all transfer to aTm

I go to 1-2 games a year and for the others I sit my ass on a couch or go to a sports bar. Games are fun to go to, but not 6 games a year fun
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2005 home against Beavis for me. It was at least 10 years before I even considered going again after that. It scarred me.

Doubt I'll ever go back to be honest. My den has the best seats in the house plus it has DVR. You guys that go to the games should look into that. You can record the game for about 50 minutes or so before you start watching, then skip every bit of bullshit including half time and then finish the game about the same time that it finishes for real. It's pure wizardry.

I'm a bad fan. I'm barely even a fan, to he quite honest.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,696
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

After 28 years of being a season ticket holder at UW, I just can’t anymore. The joy is gone for me. We can raise money to bring in talent and develop them and they can walk away for a better offer. I really hope changes are made. I just can’t support this anymore. Go Dawgs.

This isnt really happening though.

If that were the case, Penix, Rome, and McMillan would all transfer to aTm

I go to 1-2 games a year and for the others I sit my ass on a couch or go to a sports bar. Games are fun to go to, but not 6 games a year fun

UW has the best kickoff ritual in football. Nuff said on dat
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Was the last time I set foot in Husky Stadium. Took Lil' Piss 1.0 to see the 2019 Apple Cup.

Still got a ways to go to catch @RaceBannon 's record. What's it at - like 15 years?

🏆
    Brilliant achievement can't wait for the book. Enjoy that 2D trophy. Any words of inspiration for us aspiring to not go somewhere for a while and make a post about it?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

2005 home against Beavis for me. It was at least 10 years before I even considered going again after that. It scarred me.

Doubt I'll ever go back to be honest. My den has the best seats in the house plus it has DVR. You guys that go to the games should look into that. You can record the game for about 50 minutes or so before you start watching, then skip every bit of bullshit including half time and then finish the game about the same time that it finishes for real. It's pure wizardry.

I'm a bad fan. I'm barely even a fan, to he quite honest.

I can't do that. Live or bust
    My introduction to Husky stadium was 1990 vs Oregon. I didn't miss another home game until 1993 (except Nebraska which sucked for me but I had a kickass fishing trip that day), so I got spoiled as fuck as a young UW fan.

Lambo put me to sleep and I was too caught up starting a family to see the peak RN games live. I managed a couple of Gilby/TY debacles and just said fuck it. I'm not putting myself through that anymore. It has been hard to get motivated to go back. I'm just too lazy for all that anymore.