Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Next CNN head to roll?

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    pawz said:

You nerds have got to give up on this abortion thing. We need more abortions not less

Uh, I support limited abortion and it's not in my top 10 priority list. You and the Margaret Sanger wing of the dem party are just as interested in abortion as Michelle Malkin. Speaking of which, what in the hell happened to her?
    You need to reassess your priorities. I’ve made this plainly clear. If you’re wrong on abortion, you are just wrong as a human being. The rest of your concerns are details by comparison. Seriously think about it.
    New book on the shelves, guysm! Get yours today!

Winning Hearts and Minds

- by Creepy da Cuog

I'll get you over the fence on this one eventually Pawz. And when the time comes, you will meet your maker with a clear conscience, knowing you were on the right side of the most profound moral issue of our time. And you will not need to thank me, because we're friends.
  • Options

You nerds have got to give up on this abortion thing. We need more abortions not less

Uh, I support limited abortion and it's not in my top 10 priority list. You and the Margaret Sanger wing of the dem party are just as interested in abortion as Michelle Malkin. Speaking of which, what in the hell happened to her?
    What is this boomer nonsense you're spouting. When I knock up a chick she better flush that thing out

And every fucking hood rat on welfare needs to do so as well
    Dude, I'm literally praying for your soul. You can't possibly mean this. I used to be like you. Give it some thought.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Maybe it’s because I’m a reasonable person, but something like abortion, where you are quite literally terminating human life, should be somewhat of a restricted procedure.

The lunatics on one side calling for zero term limits and even federal(tax payer) funding to support these services that are many times an action of convenience on the part of those seeking the procedure are matched by those absurd individuals on the far right, who believe it should be 100% outlawed, even in cases of rape or incest, or when the health of the mother is in jeopardy.

IDK about you guys but to me It’s almost as if we are a collection of states with varying cultures and political-religious ideologies, and that a flashpoint issue such as this is best left up to individual states to decide what is best for their constituents.

It seems wildly inappropriate to tell someone in Oklahoma that they should pay for someone in Oregon to have an abortion, just as it seems ludicrous for someone in California to be told by someone in Alabama that they should be forced to keep a pregnancy that is the result of incest.

Why is this so hard for people? The more I think about it, the more I think SCOTUS got it right….I just wish they’d waited until after the election, because their ruling is being distorted by “THE MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION IN OUR HISTORY” for the 6th time in 15 years.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

pawz said:

You need to reassess your priorities. I’ve made this plainly clear. If you’re wrong on abortion, you are just wrong as a human being. The rest of your concerns are details by comparison. Seriously think about it.

Winning Hearts and Minds

- by Creepy da Cuog

Thinking this carpet bagger (for 15 or 20 years) clown is some kind of a moral authority on abortion is laughable. Nobody can agree on the definition of life. Most European countries don't allow it after 15 weeks. That's reasonable.
    Lolz. A trailer park assessment of the issue. Par for Bill I guess.

I have thoughts while I’m napping that are more profound than what Bill could ever assimilate with Plato as his tutor.

#butbutbuttheeuropeans!
    if we are bashing trailer parks - I'm Out
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,860
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Winning Hearts and Minds

- by Creepy da Cuog

Thinking this carpet bagger (for 15 or 20 years) clown is some kind of a moral authority on abortion is laughable. Nobody can agree on the definition of life. Most European countries don't allow it after 15 weeks. That's reasonable.

I have thoughts while I’m napping that are more profound than what Bill could ever assimilate with Plato as his tutor.

#butbutbuttheeuropeans!
    Same lame shtick from you as always

"You're stupid!"

Please, tell us how handsome and successful you are again. It's definitely not a sign of insecurity.

• Options
    edited October 2022

pawz said:

Winning Hearts and Minds

- by Creepy da Cuog

#butbutbuttheeuropeans!

"You're stupid!"

Please, tell us how handsome and successful you are again. It's definitely not a sign of insecurity.

Very very handsome and fairly successful.

Pay attention dummy.

It’s really too bad that either you are as stupid as you sound or can’t take this issue seriously and come back with a thoughtful response. Perhaps you agree with me. If so, would that be so terrible? JFC … get over your obsession with my schtick.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    thechatch said:

Maybe it’s because I’m a reasonable person, but something like abortion, where you are quite literally terminating human life, should be somewhat of a restricted procedure.

The lunatics on one side calling for zero term limits and even federal(tax payer) funding to support these services that are many times an action of convenience on the part of those seeking the procedure are matched by those absurd individuals on the far right, who believe it should be 100% outlawed, even in cases of rape or incest, or when the health of the mother is in jeopardy.

IDK about you guys but to me It’s almost as if we are a collection of states with varying cultures and political-religious ideologies, and that a flashpoint issue such as this is best left up to individual states to decide what is best for their constituents.

It seems wildly inappropriate to tell someone in Oklahoma that they should pay for someone in Oregon to have an abortion, just as it seems ludicrous for someone in California to be told by someone in Alabama that they should be forced to keep a pregnancy that is the result of incest.

Why is this so hard for people? The more I think about it, the more I think SCOTUS got it right….I just wish they’d waited until after the election, because their ruling is being distorted by “THE MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION IN OUR HISTORY” for the 6th time in 15 years.

SCOTUS improved a horrible situation and didn’t go far enough. National abortion ban. Doesn’t matter where you live. Very straight forward issue with zero complexity or subtlety. You’ve got dipshits who say I’m just sermonizing and foisting my morality on others when it’s as plain as day that you’re allowing a given state legislature, like WA or OR, to countenance the taking of a human life in circumstances in which we, nobody here or elsewhere, would stand for it. Ever.

How on earth does it make sense to leave that one to the states?
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Winning Hearts and Minds

- by Creepy da Cuog

I'll get you over the fence on this one eventually Pawz. And when the time comes, you will meet your maker with a clear conscience, knowing you were on the right side of the most profound moral issue of our time. And you will not need to thank me, because we're friends.
    I already am. I don't want a single nuclear warhead to be discharged - let alone the rest of them.

• Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Winning Hearts and Minds

- by Creepy da Cuog

#butbutbuttheeuropeans!

"You're stupid!"

Pay attention dummy.

It’s really too bad that either you are as stupid as you sound or can’t take this issue seriously and come back with a thoughtful response. Perhaps you agree with me. If so, would that be so terrible? JFC … get over your obsession with my schtick.
    I don't vote on abortion. That's what low info emotional types and psychos like you do, along with the fundies and leftist chicks who nobody wants to fuck. You're obsessed with it, and you're not interested in a real discussion, just some four minute internet conversion and making more flailing attempts to prove how great you are.
  • Options

pawz said:

Winning Hearts and Minds

- by Creepy da Cuog

#butbutbuttheeuropeans!

"You're stupid!"

Pay attention dummy.

I don't vote on abortion. That's what low info emotional types and psychos like you do, along with the fundies and leftist chicks who nobody wants to fuck. You're obsessed with it, and you're not interested in a real discussion, just some four minute internet conversion and making more flailing attempts to prove how great you are.
    That is entirely bullshit. Nothing at all emotional about my take. What a crock of shit and par for the course for a shit brain loud mouth like you. You’re just saying that because you know “emotional” plays well in the tug. As for low information, how about you put your money where your big mouth is and serve up. Because I’ve said plenty and you’ve yet to step in, other than your nothing sandwich “let’s be reasonable”. This isn’t schtick; this is you talking out of your asshole and me calling you out on it.

So go ahead shit mouth. Take a position, back it up, and you’ll get a no schtick response from me. Don't blame me because you have no game. You said you read my posts, so I’m assuming you’re ready with something.

I'm pretty sure I know what's coming.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Winning Hearts and Minds

- by Creepy da Cuog

#butbutbuttheeuropeans!

"You're stupid!"

Pay attention dummy.

That is entirely bullshit. Nothing at all emotional about my take. What a crock of shit and par for the course for a shit brain loud mouth like you. You’re just saying that because you know “emotional” plays well in the tug. As for low information, how about you put your money where your big mouth is and serve up. Because I’ve said plenty and you’ve yet to step in, other than your nothing sandwich “let’s be reasonable”. This isn’t schtick; this is you talking out of your asshole and me calling you out on it.

So go ahead shit mouth. Take a position, back it up, and you’ll get a no schtick response from me. Don't blame me because you have no game. You said you read my posts, so I’m assuming you’re ready with something.

Sounds like you care.

A lot.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

thechatch said:

SCOTUS improved a horrible situation and didn’t go far enough. National abortion ban. Doesn’t matter where you live. Very straight forward issue with zero complexity or subtlety. You’ve got dipshits who say I’m just sermonizing and foisting my morality on others when it’s as plain as day that you’re allowing a given state legislature, like WA or OR, to countenance the taking of a human life in circumstances in which we, nobody here or elsewhere, would stand for it. Ever.

How on earth does it make sense to leave that one to the states?
    Sometimes an unborn baby's gotta get whacked. Sad, but essential fact of life.

I'm not for it, personally, but I'm not telling women what to do with their bodies or lives. It's up to them, their conscience and their maker, should he, she or it exist.
  • Options
    pawz said:

pawz said:

Winning Hearts and Minds

- by Creepy da Cuog

#butbutbuttheeuropeans!

"You're stupid!"

Pay attention dummy.

Sounds like you care.

A lot.

As well you know.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

pawz said:

Winning Hearts and Minds

- by Creepy da Cuog

#butbutbuttheeuropeans!

"You're stupid!"

Pay attention dummy.

It sure seems like this is an emotional issue for you, and that’s fine. It should be. It involves human life, but I have to ask how you square one life for another. If the birth of the child is going to result in the death of the mother, is that not a reasonable scenario to allow for this procedure?

If the pregnancy is the result of rape or incest, is that not a reasonable scenario to allow for this procedure?

It’s a fair question.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I am against abortion but for capital punishment. I am an enigma wrapped in a riddle.
  • Options
    GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 5,354
    First Comment 5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    I agree with Creepy in one aspect, killing a baby is killing a baby... period. But having said that. If it is at the stage where a pill can cause a miscarriage, I'm ok with it. Beyond that, no.
  • Options
    thechatch said:

pawz said:

Winning Hearts and Minds

- by Creepy da Cuog

#butbutbuttheeuropeans!

"You're stupid!"

Pay attention dummy.

It sure seems like this is an emotional issue for you, and that’s fine. It should be. It involves human life, but I have to ask how you square one life for another. If the birth of the child is going to result in the death of the mother, is that not a reasonable scenario to allow for this procedure?

If the pregnancy is the result of rape or incest, is that not a reasonable scenario to allow for this procedure?

It’s a fair question.
    Let's set the emotional rhetoric to the side; that's not really relevant anyway.

Yes, I agree with you that rape/incest are tougher, and life-threatening pregnancies are the worst, situations in which to maintain a zero stance on abortion. Every instinct in my body informs me that those situations should allow for abortion. And, reaching back to the way I used to think about it, there are social reasons why abortion on demand is a good thing.

With that said, when you really and honestly think about it, if the fetus, at any stage of development, is a person, and at least I have concluded that it is, then you can't do it. If, in a situation that I had no role in creating, killing me would save you, most of us would agree that killing me is immoral. So that eliminates "to save the mother" exceptions, and if you can't get there on that one, then, unfortunately, even rape/incest is off the table as well. The key is that the fetus is a person with the same inalienable rights that you and I have. The fetus didn't rape anybody and the fetus didn't create the risky pregnancy ... other people did that.

I want to be transparent about this: I agree with you from a gut standpoint. Those are difficult situations, and part of the reason for that is that the woman is an evolved biological being with family, friends, experiences, memories, potential, etc. etc. She'll be missed. It's more painful to lose that person than it is to lose a clump of cells. I get it. But, I know of no compelling moral philosophy that justifies valuing one life over the other just because one is further along in its biological development. That's basically Ronald Dworkin's pro-abortion thesis in Life's Dominion. In a way, it's the people arguing for "saving the mother" or "it wasn't her fault, she was raped," who exalt feelings over logic and rational thought.

Note that religion has nothing whatsoever to do with my view.
  • Options

Swaye said:

I am against abortion but for capital punishment. I am an enigma wrapped in a riddle.

Lulz, but also noteworthy.

In the case of abortion, an innocent is suffering the consequences of other’s actions.

In the case of capital punishment, a party found guilty of a capital crime is suffering the consequences of their own actions.

Fundamentally sound stance to be anti-abortion and pro-capital punishment.
    Bingo.
  • Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Winning Hearts and Minds

- by Creepy da Cuog

#butbutbuttheeuropeans!

"You're stupid!"

Pay attention dummy.

🤣