Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Next CNN head to roll?

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

thechatch said:

Maybe it’s because I’m a reasonable person, but something like abortion, where you are quite literally terminating human life, should be somewhat of a restricted procedure.

The lunatics on one side calling for zero term limits and even federal(tax payer) funding to support these services that are many times an action of convenience on the part of those seeking the procedure are matched by those absurd individuals on the far right, who believe it should be 100% outlawed, even in cases of rape or incest, or when the health of the mother is in jeopardy.

IDK about you guys but to me It’s almost as if we are a collection of states with varying cultures and political-religious ideologies, and that a flashpoint issue such as this is best left up to individual states to decide what is best for their constituents.

It seems wildly inappropriate to tell someone in Oklahoma that they should pay for someone in Oregon to have an abortion, just as it seems ludicrous for someone in California to be told by someone in Alabama that they should be forced to keep a pregnancy that is the result of incest.

Why is this so hard for people? The more I think about it, the more I think SCOTUS got it right….I just wish they’d waited until after the election, because their ruling is being distorted by “THE MOST IMPORTANT ELECTION IN OUR HISTORY” for the 6th time in 15 years.

SCOTUS improved a horrible situation and didn’t go far enough. National abortion ban. Doesn’t matter where you live. Very straight forward issue with zero complexity or subtlety. You’ve got dipshits who say I’m just sermonizing and foisting my morality on others when it’s as plain as day that you’re allowing a given state legislature, like WA or OR, to countenance the taking of a human life in circumstances in which we, nobody here or elsewhere, would stand for it. Ever.

How on earth does it make sense to leave that one to the states?
    Sometimes an unborn baby's gotta get whacked. Sad, but essential fact of life.

I'm not for it, personally, but I'm not telling women what to do with their bodies or lives. It's up to them, their conscience and their maker, should he, she or it exist.
    In the case of my favorite civil servant, this is what I'd expect. You're smarter.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

So is there an O/U on the next CNN head to roll? Asking for a fren.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,904
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Sounds like you care a lot

My position is limit it to the first trimester. I've said that before. I read a lot of threads in the Tug and yes, you post in some. I don't get wrapped up in it and it's not my life's crusade. It's private matter. Killing a mid or late stage fetus seems abhorrent to me so those should be banned. I don't lose sleep over what strangers do with their bodies. You seem to.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB said:

Don't know, but I'd love to see Tucker on CNN. I think he's at his best when he's firing at all kinds of people, and he does that so well. My only negative take, and it's just a slight negative, is the he can sound a little whinny at times. But it's whatever. Jordan Peterson weird me out sometimes when he's cries and gets all emotional, but I can listen to the guy all day.
  • Options

46XiJCAB said:

Don't know, but I'd love to see Tucker on CNN. I think he's at his best when he's firing at all kinds of people, and he does that so well. My only negative take, and it's just a slight negative, is the he can sound a little whinny at times. But it's whatever. Jordan Peterson weird me out sometimes when he's cries and gets all emotional, but I can listen to the guy all day.
    They fired him the first time around. He wanted to do other things besides Crossfire. Idiots.
  • Options
    edited October 2022

Sounds like you care a lot

My position is limit it to the first trimester. I've said that before. I read a lot of threads in the Tug and yes, you post in some. I don't get wrapped up in it and it's not my life's crusade. It's private matter. Killing a mid or late stage fetus seems abhorrent to me so those should be banned. I don't lose sleep over what strangers do with their bodies. You seem to.

Well of course I care a lot. That's dumb.

So, "her body, her choice". And limit to first trimester because ... I don't know, seems like a good spot. Even though we're talking about infanticide here.

Got it. As I said, you got nothing.
  • Options
    Acosta just got the dreaded vote of confidence from upper management. He gone.
  • Options
    I would have said Dana Bash but she seems to have gotten the memo and obviously wants to keep her job. Alisyn Camerota.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,038
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

46XiJCAB said:

Tucker would be hated at CNN by everyone except for any staff he brought over. Tucker at least can sort of stand Hannity and they can cross chat and have Tucker lead the audience into Hannity's show. Tucker can work with the other Fox reporters like Bill Melugin on the border. CNN has no national conservative infrastructure to support a conservative. Tucker spends a lot of time trashing the CNN and MSLSD reporters and commentators. Tucker's working environment would be hell at CNN. As it is he just has to tolerate Hannity or Brett Baier and just had to avoid Chrissie Wallace. Can't see a CNN executive calling in Tucker and giving him a schedule of CNN morons they want him to prop up. No CNN streaming service like Tucker's show on Fox's subscription service.
  • Options
    I stopped watching Hannity long ago. I have a thing about listening to broken records. I don't. Same with Laura, just can't watch her show anymore.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,320
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

Five.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    46XiJCAB said:

I stopped watching Hannity long ago. I have a thing about listening to broken records. I don't. Same with Laura, just can't watch her show anymore.

I never watched Hannity. He is a NeverEnding War republican but did support Trump early. Hannity did a great job along with Levin on Russiagate. But it like his nose is stuck in Lindsey Graham's ass. Graham lives on Hannity and would never show up on Tucker and take it like a man.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,313
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

You nerds have got to give up on this abortion thing. We need more abortions not less

Uh, I support limited abortion and it's not in my top 10 priority list. You and the Margaret Sanger wing of the dem party are just as interested in abortion as Michelle Malkin. Speaking of which, what in the hell happened to her?
    You need to reassess your priorities. I’ve made this plainly clear. If you’re wrong on abortion, you are just wrong as a human being. The rest of your concerns are details by comparison. Seriously think about it.
    New book on the shelves, guysm! Get yours today!

Winning Hearts and Minds

- by Creepy da Cuog

Thinking this carpet bagger (for 15 or 20 years) clown is some kind of a moral authority on abortion is laughable. Nobody can agree on the definition of life. Most European countries don't allow it after 15 weeks. That's reasonable.
    Lolz. A trailer park assessment of the issue. Par for Bill I guess.

I have thoughts while I’m napping that are more profound than what Bill could ever assimilate with Plato as his tutor.

#butbutbuttheeuropeans!
    Same lame shtick from you as always

"You're stupid!"

Please, tell us how handsome and successful you are again. It's definitely not a sign of insecurity.

Where did CC say "you're stupid?" His approach seemed to be very heartfelt.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,313
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

pawz said:

You nerds have got to give up on this abortion thing. We need more abortions not less

Uh, I support limited abortion and it's not in my top 10 priority list. You and the Margaret Sanger wing of the dem party are just as interested in abortion as Michelle Malkin. Speaking of which, what in the hell happened to her?
    You need to reassess your priorities. I’ve made this plainly clear. If you’re wrong on abortion, you are just wrong as a human being. The rest of your concerns are details by comparison. Seriously think about it.
    New book on the shelves, guysm! Get yours today!

Winning Hearts and Minds

- by Creepy da Cuog

Thinking this carpet bagger (for 15 or 20 years) clown is some kind of a moral authority on abortion is laughable. Nobody can agree on the definition of life. Most European countries don't allow it after 15 weeks. That's reasonable.
    Lolz. A trailer park assessment of the issue. Par for Bill I guess.

I have thoughts while I’m napping that are more profound than what Bill could ever assimilate with Plato as his tutor.

#butbutbuttheeuropeans!
    Same lame shtick from you as always

"You're stupid!"

Please, tell us how handsome and successful you are again. It's definitely not a sign of insecurity.

Very very handsome and fairly successful.

Pay attention dummy.

It’s really too bad that either you are as stupid as you sound or can’t take this issue seriously and come back with a thoughtful response. Perhaps you agree with me. If so, would that be so terrible? JFC … get over your obsession with my schtick.
    I don't vote on abortion. That's what low info emotional types and psychos like you do, along with the fundies and leftist chicks who nobody wants to fuck. You're obsessed with it, and you're not interested in a real discussion, just some four minute internet conversion and making more flailing attempts to prove how great you are.
    That is entirely bullshit. Nothing at all emotional about my take. What a crock of shit and par for the course for a shit brain loud mouth like you. You’re just saying that because you know “emotional” plays well in the tug. As for low information, how about you put your money where your big mouth is and serve up. Because I’ve said plenty and you’ve yet to step in, other than your nothing sandwich “let’s be reasonable”. This isn’t schtick; this is you talking out of your asshole and me calling you out on it.

So go ahead shit mouth. Take a position, back it up, and you’ll get a no schtick response from me. Don't blame me because you have no game. You said you read my posts, so I’m assuming you’re ready with something.

I'm pretty sure I know what's coming.
    Sounds like you care.

A lot.

He should. All people should.
  • Options

46XiJCAB said:

Tucker would be hated at CNN by everyone except for any staff he brought over. Tucker at least can sort of stand Hannity and they can cross chat and have Tucker lead the audience into Hannity's show. Tucker can work with the other Fox reporters like Bill Melugin on the border. CNN has no national conservative infrastructure to support a conservative. Tucker spends a lot of time trashing the CNN and MSLSD reporters and commentators. Tucker's working environment would be hell at CNN. As it is he just has to tolerate Hannity or Brett Baier and just had to avoid Chrissie Wallace. Can't see a CNN executive calling in Tucker and giving him a schedule of CNN morons they want him to prop up. No CNN streaming service like Tucker's show on Fox's subscription service.
    If there is one guy who seems like he can handle being disliked, it's Tucker.

I think you're right in that he's probably burned too many bridges, but I think he'd great. When I think of Tucker, I don't automatically think conservative, though he certainly isn't a liberal in the today sense ... I tend to think of a guy who can look at issues in political isolation. He's also pretty courageous and willing to call out anybody. I like that about him.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    46XiJCAB said:

Although Hannity is significantly worse than Laura. She strikes me as someone I'd prefer to not have to debate. She has a soulless killing machine persona (which she's not), and you always get the feeling she's David Shaw smirking in her head at everybody she interviews. I've heard she was hell on wheels at Dartmouth.
  • Options

46XiJCAB said:

I never watched Hannity. He is a NeverEnding War republican but did support Trump early. Hannity did a great job along with Levin on Russiagate. But it like his nose is stuck in Lindsey Graham's ass. Graham lives on Hannity and would never show up on Tucker and take it like a man.
    This. The difference between Hannity and Tucker is that Hannity would not turn on Trump no matter the circumstances. He's a team guy. I think Tucker would turn on his mother if he thought she were full of shit. The guy is willing to hammer anybody. I think it helps that he comes from money. He doesn't need any of these gigs and could have walked away years ago. Truly GNFs.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

46XiJCAB said:

If there is one guy who seems like he can handle being disliked, it's Tucker.

I think you're right in that he's probably burned too many bridges, but I think he'd great. When I think of Tucker, I don't automatically think conservative, though he certainly isn't a liberal in the today sense ... I tend to think of a guy who can look at issues in political isolation. He's also pretty courageous and willing to call out anybody. I like that about him.
    I agree, but it's easy to be disliked if the people who dislike you are lying anti-America hating POS and not co-workers. If you define conservatives as open border and one-sided "free trade" at any cost capitalism then Tucker fails. I'd describe me as a pro-American conservative and thus fail that false litmus test.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,968
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2022

I'd tap that.

Ingraham, not Hannity.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,607
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I'd tap that.

Ingraham, not Hannity.

Gross lol