Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My thoughts on the secondary

13»

Comments

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,430
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Anyone who doesn’t think UW got blown out by Ucla is fighting for the honor of poster child doog.

UW had no chance. The defense is abysmal.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

Anyone who doesn’t think UW got blown out by Ucla is fighting for the honor of poster child doog.

UW had no chance. The defense is abysmal.

8 points isn't a blowout!!!! All we needed was a stop!!!1!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Houhusky said:

People forget that I was the first to point out that the offense was good enough to win 9+ games and the defense bad enough to lose 6+ games right after OUR best win of the season, Kent State.

I remember when people were talking about the difference between having a good offense and having a good defense and being happy about it.

I'll take losing 40-32 at 4-0 UCLA in a sloppy ass effort

to losing 13-7 at dogshit ASU with Pete
    It was blowout. It not like it was tied and UCLA scored a late TD for the win. Garbage time TDs don’t make it a close game. That’s what I was hearing after the MSU game.
    UCLA got the ball with 4 minutes left in a one score game. It was a close game. Christ.
    Now do the MSU game. UW got blown out. Maybe it's too soon and we need wait until tell the truth Tuesday to face that fact.
    2 score win>1 score win

You've gotten so worked up you forgot basic math 🤡
    Did you watch the game 👩‍🦯
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

UW got blown out. We had two red zone stops and still got beat bad. I guess considering the safety, our goal line stand probably helped UCLA more than us. In any case, we got beat pretty easily.

Our DB’s are terrible. UCLA adjusted to our pressure. UCLA is tough to stop if DTR isn’t getting hit.

I hate to say so but it felt like a blowout to me. I was confident enough that UW wasn't going to get the key stops that I changed the channel halfway through the 4th.

It's funny because it was close enough in the fourth that a comeback win was well within reach just based on the clock. You could just sense that it wasn't happening.
    I've said it many times. How a game is won or lost matters more than the final school. I've used the Sark Az bounce off the foot pick six win as an example. That game was a mess and showed huge problems. But the "can't you just be happy with a win" crowd went nuts. Good and bad trends will eventually emerge and produce consistent results.

I can remember a loss that gave me a huge amount of optimism as to what was coming. UW vs Colorado. You could see that UW team was about to explode big time.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,667
    Founders Club

chuck said:

UW got blown out. We had two red zone stops and still got beat bad. I guess considering the safety, our goal line stand probably helped UCLA more than us. In any case, we got beat pretty easily.

Our DB’s are terrible. UCLA adjusted to our pressure. UCLA is tough to stop if DTR isn’t getting hit.

I hate to say so but it felt like a blowout to me. I was confident enough that UW wasn't going to get the key stops that I changed the channel halfway through the 4th.

It's funny because it was close enough in the fourth that a comeback win was well within reach just based on the clock. You could just sense that it wasn't happening.
    I've said it many times. How a game is won or lost matters more than the final school. I've used the Sark Az bounce off the foot pick six win as an example. That game was a mess and showed huge problems. But the "can't you just be happy with a win" crowd went nuts. Good and bad trends will eventually emerge and produce consistent results.

I can remember a loss that gave me a huge amount of optimism as to what was coming. UW vs Colorado. You could see that UW team was about to explode big time.
    While that is true, Washington had already thrashed Florida 34-7 in the previous year's Freedom Bowl and USC 31-0 in mid-Sept of 1990. So you could already see what was coming. But yes, playing the defending national champions to a 20-14 loss on the road was indicative.

Also of note, that 1990 Colorado game wasn't on TV. Hard to fathom these days.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Canadawg said:

Houhusky said:

People forget that I was the first to point out that the offense was good enough to win 9+ games and the defense bad enough to lose 6+ games right after OUR best win of the season, Kent State.

I remember when people were talking about the difference between having a good offense and having a good defense and being happy about it.

It was blowout. It not like it was tied and UCLA scored a late TD for the win. Garbage time TDs don’t make it a close game. That’s what I was hearing after the MSU game.
    UCLA got the ball with 4 minutes left in a one score game. It was a close game. Christ.
    Now do the MSU game. UW got blown out. Maybe it's too soon and we need wait until tell the truth Tuesday to face that fact.
    2 score win>1 score win

Wow I have a grandma who is blind from diabetes. Ever think about that asshole?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2022

chuck said:

While that is true, Washington had already thrashed Florida 34-7 in the previous year's Freedom Bowl and USC 31-0 in mid-Sept of 1990. So you could already see what was coming. But yes, playing the defending national champions to a 20-14 loss on the road was indicative.

My point about Colorado was that it was a scoreboard loss that gave me hope. That was truly an example of playing them close. Not going into the 4th quarter needed 3 TDs and 3 2 point conversions definition that we seem to have today.

I'm listened to it on the radio. A note about the 89 freedom bowl. Huskies were in ranked and we definitely underdogs to the Emmitt Smith lead gators 🐊. They after losing to all their ranked opponents that year they finished strong ranked 23 at 8-4. Don James sleeping in his office and drinking maxwell house was starting to pay off. Like I said, it's about trends.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,567
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Houhusky said:

2 score win>1 score win

Sounds like a real morale victory.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Houhusky said:

2 score win>1 score win

Need @GrandpaSankey to chime in here.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

chuck said:

Time to bash the kids. Effort some showed, not close to championship level. I’ll bash Jeremiah Martin. Too much loafing. Didn’t like the fumble and picks but more worrisome is the effort. Sure, one stop and things might have been different but the effort stands out. Not championship level.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Houhusky said:

2 score win>1 score win

Sounds like a real morale victory.
    Is Bama a bad team because they were lucky to beat an 8-4 Texas team? If you go look at good seasons in cfb all teams catch a break once or twice a year
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

chuck said:

Time to bash the kids. Effort some showed, not close to championship level. I’ll bash Jeremiah Martin. Too much loafing. Didn’t like the fumble and picks but more worrisome is the effort. Sure, one stop and things might have been different but the effort stands out. Not championship level.
    Our effort level seemed to deflate once we hit a rough patch, and that is worrisome.
  • Options
    Founders Club

chuck said:

My point about Colorado was that it was a scoreboard loss that gave me hope. That was truly an example of playing them close. Not going into the 4th quarter needed 3 TDs and 3 2 point conversions definition that we seem to have today.

I'm listened to it on the radio. A note about the 89 freedom bowl. Huskies were in ranked and we definitely underdogs to the Emmitt Smith lead gators 🐊. They after losing to all their ranked opponents that year they finished strong ranked 23 at 8-4. Don James sleeping in his office and drinking maxwell house was starting to pay off. Like I said, it's about trends.
    Yes I understood your overall point, which was valid.
  • Options
    GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Canadawg said:

Houhusky said:

2 score win>1 score win

Pics?
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,647
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

did you Google Native drinking bleach?? Of all the things to exist on the world wide web.