Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Question for the bored

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,519 Founders Club
    89ute said:

@Fire_Marshall_Bill 's old school, manually tallied, often unintentionally randomized college football pole with BOOBS.

I might have been drinking during some of that.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,519 Founders Club
    @89ute I remember you missing picks about 25 times...
  • LaZorisLaZoris Member Posts: 1,675 Standard Supporter
    A 5 reasons thread to K State this week could help...
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,132
    LaZoris said:

A 5 reasons thread to K State this week could help...

Kansas State, of course.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,351 Swaye's Wigwam
    I feel like there's a lot of smart guys around here that could contribute interesting thoughts on husky football but 99% of threads turn into the same nonsense that stifles legitimate football discussion. I get that there's alot of posters here that use this site as their facebook page because they don't know how to login to their actual fb but it's not what most people are looking for when they Google "husky football forum"
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,547 Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

I feel like there's a lot of smart guys around here that could contribute interesting thoughts on husky football but 99% of threads turn into the same nonsense that stifles legitimate football discussion. I get that there's alot of posters here that use this site as their facebook page because they don't know how to login to their actual fb but it's not what most people are looking for when they Google "husky football forum"

It’s AIDS season around here
    I get why there are vote buttons for posts but I would hazard a guess that if they were taken away there would be more comments in general and less pandering posts and comments
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,372 Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

I get why there are vote buttons for posts but I would hazard a guess that if they were taken away there would be more comments in general and less pandering posts and comments

Can you give me general examples of the pandering you're talking about? I don't see much pandering going on, except maybe in the Tug Tavern a little.

Canadawg said:

Can you give me general examples of the pandering you're talking about? I don't see much pandering going on, except maybe in the Tug Tavern a little.
    Hard to come up with examples but I meant jokes people know will get chins and likes. It's a quick high but doesn't add substance to the site and clogs up discussion. 81st time type jokes, pea patch complaints and nonsense puppy stories have a place I'm sure but would be nice to talk football sometimes. Maybe a "Serious Football Thread" of some type would be worth trying?
    Yeah I definitely recognize the malarkey keeps the machine running I just mean there could be an emphasis on not squashing legitimate discussion when it does come up and possibly give it a more established platform somehow. I guarantee there are people who have popped in here over the years looking for husky football talk get turned off by the ratio of nonsense.

For me it was noticeable a few years ago when some posters left for their own site because alot of them were bringing interesting football discussions and recruiting. Obviously their formula (and website itself) was a train wreck but now there's a discord channel funneling in people desperate for a cohesive husky football outlet and I just find it a shame that this site isn't where people are landing.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    UW just needs to win.

I stay interested even when they suck because I don't have a life. I focus on individual players that interest me. The board as a whole, though, needs some motivation in the form of winning before Xs and Os and individual players (aside from shitty ones) get much notice. The post quality goes up quickly then.