Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Question for the bored

124»

Comments

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,524 Swaye's Wigwam

Yes, the notification thing from the past two weeks has been irritating. I will put in a work order right now. If you truly think I don't give a shit, you are mistaken.

Also, I am 100% positive that when there is something substantive to talk about in regards to football, you will see it happening here. The problem is that there's not much to discuss when it comes to Husky football. Hardcore Husky has always been about keeping it real and not making waves when no wind is blowing, so to speak.

Personally, I think it's great if you make a little money off the site, and I appreciate you breaking down the numbers. I've Wam'd, I think, three years in a row now not because of tatted boobs (those are free literally EVERYWHERE online) but to support the site that I spend so much time at. And I don't know what I've ever said that would imply that I think you don't give a shit. Clearly you do.

As for football talk, it's offseason (for a few days longer), the team got blown out at home by Cuog in their last action, and college football as a whole is pointless for all but four teams. Why should there be substantive football talk?
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,789 Founders Club

I just hope once the season starts it will be more about football than malarkey. Likely wont' be though. I think Canadawg has a point - even the jaded guys here (and especially them) have a lot of football knowledge that would be cool to read, see their analysis. I'm not that guy - but those that are could make this board better I think. Tell us why Asa sucks (yeah I see he misses tackles, isn't physical, etc.); but I bet he's also out of position, doesn't react properly, is some of that coaching, are all DBs underperforming. Make a case and show off your football insights. I wouldn't even know whether you're right, but its fun to read people who at least present themselves as knowing their stuff. And points for mock ups, step by step explanations of how a play broke down, etc. I know that stuff is time consuming, but can really add value.

There was a whole breakdown of his shitty, weak play last year. Video evidence included. I'm not sure who did it but it was extensive and damning. Anyone who saw it has the plays burned into their brains and now we all just settle for, "Asa Turner is soft as fuck and sucks until he doesn't". Maybe if he dominates this year and uses his god given size and speed to destroy people we could see a side by side video breakdown of his unexpected growth. Alas, thats above my line as I'm no grind at the computer stuff and I pretty much hang out here for tits and tug anymore.
  • picalogestabopicalogestabo Member Posts: 651
    Web3 solves your problems. Think less like JC and more like Thibedeaux. Time to adapt as the landscape around college football changes. Keith Jackson is dead and there is nothing stopping us from going down the NIL route just like the others.

Make Hardcore Husky NFT's around HH specific NIL. It's not that hard.

Set initial mint of an NFT @ 125.00 USD which goes towards Vanilla hosting fees. NFT mint includes 1 year Wam Access so the NFT holds "real value". Every time an NFT is bought or sold, 5% of proceeds go into a DAO that pays the site. Set up a free DAO governance system with stakeholders so funds can be managed by a bored. Capitalizing off NIL created on this site is something that could easily be done (think Emterman, Von Nostrom, Lockner NFT's). NFT generators are free, DAO governance is free, just need the "art" to turn into an NFT for each release and people willing to manage the bored. Not much different than what you are doing now except you attach a tradable HH NFT that can generate perpetual revenue.

Also worth mentioning I'm sure Detlef would fund the site every year if you listed a BTC wallet address during fundraising. It also allows for an alternative payment method for those of us in different tax brackets that rely on dads to intervene on payments that require explanation of benefits if the purchase is made.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,955
    edited September 2022
    Canadawg said:

Yeah I definitely recognize the malarkey keeps the machine running I just mean there could be an emphasis on not squashing legitimate discussion when it does come up and possibly give it a more established platform somehow. I guarantee there are people who have popped in here over the years looking for husky football talk get turned off by the ratio of nonsense.

For me it was noticeable a few years ago when some posters left for their own site because alot of them were bringing interesting football discussions and recruiting. Obviously their formula (and website itself) was a train wreck but now there's a discord channel funneling in people desperate for a cohesive husky football outlet and I just find it a shame that this site isn't where people are landing.

I don’t mean to be a dick, but good and insightful football posts get traction. Make sure your shit is good b4 posting. Generally speaking, the purple glasses posts will be ignored or mocked, and there are plenty of homers around here.

There is not a lack of good fb discussion here. Either your fb takes are weak and yield what they deserve in this free market, or you just need to start learning to skip over the shit you don’t want to read. And you’re hearing this from the board’s most boring, ranting blowhard.

If you want constant reaffirmation that the Huskies are right around the corner of being elite again, the other board is probably a better place.

This forum needs no fixing. I can assure you if Stalin gave you what you seem to want, this place would be a ghost town.

Kim’s “board” is for fat, boring, serious and ugly people who want to be around other fat, boring, serious and ugly people. This is Thunder Dome bitch!
    EwaDawg said:

Canadawg said:

Yeah I definitely recognize the malarkey keeps the machine running I just mean there could be an emphasis on not squashing legitimate discussion when it does come up and possibly give it a more established platform somehow. I guarantee there are people who have popped in here over the years looking for husky football talk get turned off by the ratio of nonsense.

For me it was noticeable a few years ago when some posters left for their own site because alot of them were bringing interesting football discussions and recruiting. Obviously their formula (and website itself) was a train wreck but now there's a discord channel funneling in people desperate for a cohesive husky football outlet and I just find it a shame that this site isn't where people are landing.

Please to be providing examples of actual cause and effect. Sure people left but maybe because they could not take legitimate criticism.
    Yep.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited September 2022
    MelloDawg said:

A delete button. Would also be nice to block seeing shit posts from certain posters.

Amen to that, my brother.
    Nothing would be worse than allowing people to be such pussies that they could block posters.

But I'm not surprised some would want this. There is a group here that is ok with censorship
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,902 Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

I get why there are vote buttons for posts but I would hazard a guess that if they were taken away there would be more comments in general and less pandering posts and comments

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

I get why there are vote buttons for posts but I would hazard a guess that if they were taken away there would be more comments in general and less pandering posts and comments

Can you give me general examples of the pandering you're talking about? I don't see much pandering going on, except maybe in the Tug Tavern a little.
    Hard to come up with examples but I meant jokes people know will get chins and likes. It's a quick high but doesn't add substance to the site and clogs up discussion. 81st time type jokes, pea patch complaints and nonsense puppy stories have a place I'm sure but would be nice to talk football sometimes. Maybe a "Serious Football Thread" of some type would be worth trying?
    Huh?
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,902 Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

We can't have a good offense our program is built on DEFENSE!!

Keep malarkey and bolster legitimate football talk and the posters that bring it.

Sounds like a plea for abundance.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,524 Swaye's Wigwam

Hey, look! A new post in this thread!

Oh, that's just me...

BTW, they say they're aware of the issue and are working on it.

• LB_33LB_33 Member Posts: 323
    edited September 2022
    There was this story about engineers trying to figure out how best to protect bombers coming back from Europe. The engineers meticulously tallied every spot on the plane from the returning bombers, indicating where the damage was coming from. They said let’s put more armor on those locations. Well, a man much smarter said the armor doesn’t go where the bullet holes are. It goes where the bullet holes aren’t: on the engines. The damaged planes came back because they didn’t get shot in the engines. The missing evidence didn’t make it back.

TL;DR stop asking this group of fuck sticks, pussy footers, cock gobblers, and doog deniers their opinion on how to make this place better. You need to go ask the poasters who left why’d they leave. I’d start on 8chan.
    edited September 2022
    LB_33 said:

There was this story about engineers trying to figure out how best to protect bombers coming back from Europe. The engineers meticulously tallied every spot on the plane from the returning bombers, indicating where the damage was coming from. They said let’s put more armor on those locations. Well, a man much smarter said the armor doesn’t go where the bullet holes are. It goes where the bullet holes aren’t: on the engines. The damaged planes came back because they didn’t get shot in the engines. The missing evidence didn’t make it back.

TL;DR stop asking this group of fuck sticks, pussy footers, cock gobblers, and doog deniers their opinion on how to make this place better. You need to go ask the poasters who left why’d they leave. I’d start on 8chan.

They left because they were worthless and weak and didn’t have the stomach for it. I’m not sure who we’re talking about, but that’s my stance on the matter.