Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

USC/UCLA Wants to Shut the Door

creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005
edited July 2022 in Hardcore Husky Board
behind them. At least it’s been suggested they don’t want UW/UO to follow. That’s likely because they don’t want to recruit against them anymore. If UW/UO get left behind, then they will have a lesser platform on which to recruit in Cali and SC/UCLA can clean up in the West.

Sounds like this very thing is happening with the Gators not wanting Miami in the SEC.

https://caneswarning.com/2022/07/08/rumors-flying-florida-doesnt-want-miami-hurricanes-joining-sec/amp/

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    SC UCLA and Florida are soft fucking losers.

SEC told Tamu to fuck off. Not sure that happens here though.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,621 Standard Supporter
    haie said:

TAMU wanting to block UT/OU is not the same as USC wanting to block UW/Quook

In other words, we fucked
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter
    whlinder said:

haie said:

TAMU wanting to block UT/OU is not the same as USC wanting to block UW/Quook

In other words, we fucked
    If the fox overlords want uw and uo it will happen. If they don’t, it won’t.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,789
    TXDawg said:

I don't see USC/UCLA having much sway in B1G politics. They're lucky to have gotten in a life raft. They're not ND.

They didn’t want equal revenue sharing but now are equals with Indiana. Makes sense.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,317 Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah I don't see USC/UCLA having that much weight in the conference, but I've been saying the whole time if USC can block Oregon from the Big Ten it would be good strategy. The Ducks have been raiding SoCal and the other western recruiting beds USC has traditionally dominated and they could really neuter their recruiting by keeping them out of a "power conference." The key could be if Ohio State and Michigan want to do the same thing.

Sadly, I would think they wouldn't be scared of UW's recruiting and having Seattle in the conference helps the Big 10 schools recruit in Washington. There's no recruiting to be done in the state of Oregon.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005

Yeah I don't see USC/UCLA having that much weight in the conference, but I've been saying the whole time if USC can block Oregon from the Big Ten it would be good strategy. The Ducks have been raiding SoCal and the other western recruiting beds USC has traditionally dominated and they could really neuter their recruiting by keeping them out of a "power conference." The key could be if Ohio State and Michigan want to do the same thing.

Sadly, I would think they wouldn't be scared of UW's recruiting and having Seattle in the conference helps the Big 10 schools recruit in Washington. There's no recruiting to be done in the state of Oregon.

The Cali schools have been bitch ass about any power in the NW since time immemorial, as we? all know. Nothing new I guess.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,414 Swaye's Wigwam
    I think it was the day USC and UCLA announced they were leaving was the last day they could leave (in two years) without a monetary penalty to the conference. So they left and made sure that if anyone else tried to leave right away their bank account got hit badly
  • DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,283

Why doesn’t Oregon just go independent and launch the Nike Network?

in a perfect world
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,054 Founders Club
    edited July 2022

The latest scuttle has it that SC and UCLA were on bended knee begging for the transfer. SMFH. Embarrassing. But then, now too are Oregon and Washington. Anyway, it seems as though which teams go where will vary depending on the situation. Some will be attractive based solely on where they are and local markets (UCLA), and some will be their own market (Notre Dame). There will be combinations, which implies that preserving well watched rivalries (like, arguably, UW/OR, which to me is hands down the best rivalry in the Pac) might be a factor.

Hard to say how much SC's brand, on its own, was the driver. I'm sure it factored in. But the big driver is getting Big 10 schools multiple trips to LA and grabbing that market by the balls.

I hate all this, but it's also intriguing as fuck. You can play this game of "what about ...?" all around the country. I'm still intrigued by a partnership between the two coast conferences, but only as long as they can stay in tact. What's left of the Pac and the current ACC lineup, particularly if Clemson holds form and at least two of Miami/FSU/Va. Tech can return to form, and Washington gets its shit together again and this new guy at Oregon proves good ... with all of that you'd really have something.

It goes with out saying @creepycoug you have philosopher king intellect. But the 2 coastal conferences being intriguing? Come on ese. This entire thing is FUBAR.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    I hope it's true that the remaining 10 schools have banded together to tell everyone to fuck off. It seems like that is what's happening and the AZ schools and Colorado are finding out that they're fine being the Pac 7.

At the end of the day Amazon and Apple want live college football and have no problem fucking fox and espn. So let them.
    edited July 2022
    haie said:

I hope it's true that the remaining 10 schools have banded together to tell everyone to fuck off. It seems like that is what's happening and the AZ schools and Colorado are finding out that they're fine being the Pac 7.

At the end of the day Amazon and Apple want live college football and have no problem fucking fox and espn. So let them.

And this is a huge point that hasn't been sufficiently discussed. These fucking cable and network companies are facing a fucking huge paradigm shift. When a old fucker like me completely changes, 180 degrees, one of his most entrenched behaviors, and all within a period of a couple of years, you know something is coming. Because I'm not the cutting edge guy. The women in my family go through four fucking phones before I get a new one, and even then it's only because the one I have is starting to fail or the operating software won't run my apps anymore. There are two reasons a cable runs into my house: (1) internet service and (2) sports. And I'm now bothering to study my options to get cut the cord entirely.

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,054 Founders Club
    haie said:

This is a noble goal and all but will anyone care ?
    edited July 2022

The latest scuttle has it that SC and UCLA were on bended knee begging for the transfer. SMFH. Embarrassing. But then, now too are Oregon and Washington. Anyway, it seems as though which teams go where will vary depending on the situation. Some will be attractive based solely on where they are and local markets (UCLA), and some will be their own market (Notre Dame). There will be combinations, which implies that preserving well watched rivalries (like, arguably, UW/OR, which to me is hands down the best rivalry in the Pac) might be a factor.

Hard to say how much SC's brand, on its own, was the driver. I'm sure it factored in. But the big driver is getting Big 10 schools multiple trips to LA and grabbing that market by the balls.

I hate all this, but it's also intriguing as fuck. You can play this game of "what about ...?" all around the country. I'm still intrigued by a partnership between the two coast conferences, but only as long as they can stay in tact. What's left of the Pac and the current ACC lineup, particularly if Clemson holds form and at least two of Miami/FSU/Va. Tech can return to form, and Washington gets its shit together again and this new guy at Oregon proves good ... with all of that you'd really have something.

It goes with out saying @creepycoug you have philosopher king intellect. But the 2 coastal conferences being intriguing? Come on ese. This entire thing is FUBAR.
    I'm not now, and have never been, as impressed with the Big 10 as others tend to be. The SEC is a whole other matter. Only retards like Bill fail to see what they are. Big 10? You have Buck and a bunch of teams that are generally underwhelming. I respect Wisconsin, the Michigans are fine but not powerhouse, Penn State has flashed a few years as of late ... I mean, tell me what's so great. I think Woolley made a good point about them the other day. There are more than a few teams that would represent dreck out here and struggle with Beav and Zona. Come on now. Go through the teams objectively and think about it.

It may not be the only way, but Ewa's sketch of it seemed like an idea, and it has some logic to it. Can't do anything about SC now, and IDGAF about UCLA and neither should anyone else. It's a basketball school and it would be a solid, but not elite, basketball school in the ACC. B10 can have them and their powder blue and has-been fatty coach.

There's a lot of money in that white powder those coastal TV markets.

haie said:

This is a noble goal and all but will anyone care ?
    Me.