Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

USC/UCLA Wants to Shut the Door

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,729 Founders Club
    You can go back to horse and buggy and Oregon still hasn't won shit
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,729 Founders Club
    46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

USC and fans always bragged about how they clean up the SoCal talent. Now they are getting their asses kicked on the recruiting trail, they took their ball and went home. What a bunch of cunts...

USC and fans always bragged about how they clean up the SoCal talent. Now they are getting their asses kicked on the recruiting trail, they took their ball and went home. What a bunch of cunts...

Oregon about to jump SC and the great Lincoln Riley. B1G reject still kicking SC ass on and off the field.
    Kicking SC ass on the field?

If you say so
    Over the last 22 years Oregon leads the series. You Doogs can live in the last century all you want. CFB has moved on. It’s almost like believing UW owns Oregon. What idiot would think that.
    College football was invented 22 years agoPOTD!

Strawman ass fuck POTD!

No, just the progression to the current system. NOC what happened in the 90's. No one.

Not strawman. Any time any discussion about comparing football happens here, Ducks always have to establish their own timeline.

22 years ago...

Since 1994...

100% of the time, it happens every time.
    You guys had a nice run when you had 120 man rosters. Back in the "olden days." Which is why I don't go scoreboard on the 1939 Tall Firs, the very first NCAA BB champs. Because NOC. And that trophy isn't shared. I checked.
    Scholarship limits started in 1973 but still

1973 brought about the first limitations on football scholarships in order to free up money for women's sports after Title IX was passed by Congress in 1972 as part of the Equal Opportunity in Education Act. This caused the NCAA schools' presidents and athletic directors to push through a limit of 105 football scholarships. Additional reductions were made in 1978 (95) and again in 1992 which brought the limit to its present number of 85 and 63 for Division I-AA.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

Oregon about to jump SC and the great Lincoln Riley. B1G reject still kicking SC ass on and off the field.
    Kicking SC ass on the field?

If you say so
    Over the last 22 years Oregon leads the series. You Doogs can live in the last century all you want. CFB has moved on. It’s almost like believing UW owns Oregon. What idiot would think that.
    College football was invented 22 years agoPOTD!

Strawman ass fuck POTD!

No, just the progression to the current system. NOC what happened in the 90's. No one.

Not strawman. Any time any discussion about comparing football happens here, Ducks always have to establish their own timeline.

22 years ago...

Since 1994...

100% of the time, it happens every time.
    You guys had a nice run when you had 120 man rosters. Back in the "olden days." Which is why I don't go scoreboard on the 1939 Tall Firs, the very first NCAA BB champs. Because NOC. And that trophy isn't shared. I checked.
    Scholarship limits started in 1973 but still

1973 brought about the first limitations on football scholarships in order to free up money for women's sports after Title IX was passed by Congress in 1972 as part of the Equal Opportunity in Education Act. This caused the NCAA schools' presidents and athletic directors to push through a limit of 105 football scholarships. Additional reductions were made in 1978 (95) and again in 1992 which brought the limit to its present number of 85 and 63 for Division I-AA.
    You know they stacked non-scholarship guys like cordwood. UW had dozens. SC did the same. But still.

1991 BC.

Before Cellphones.

A great team.

NOC about the 90’s.

Except grunge fans.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,463 Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

1991 BC.

Before Cellphones.

A great team.

NOC about the 90’s.

Except grunge fans.
    Still arguing you aren't short for a midget?
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

1991 BC.

Before Cellphones.

A great team.

NOC about the 90’s.

Except grunge fans.
    and Nebraska fans, Florida fans, Florida State fans, Miami fans, Notre Dame fans, Michigan fans, Bama fans, Tennessee fans, A&M fans, Colorado fans...

I wonder if there's a power 5 program who has a lower appreciation for the history of college football than ducks

46XiJCAB said:

1991 BC.

Before Cellphones.

A great team.

NOC about the 90’s.

Except grunge fans.
    and Nebraska fans, Florida fans, Florida State fans, Miami fans, Notre Dame fans, Michigan fans, Bama fans, Tennessee fans, A&M fans, Colorado fans...

I wonder if there's a power 5 program who has a lower appreciation for the history of college football than ducks
    I guess for fans of some of these schools being able to cuddle up with their glory days at bedtime is nice.

46XiJCAB said:

1991 BC.

Before Cellphones.

A great team.

NOC about the 90’s.

Except grunge fans.
    Still arguing you aren't short for a midget?
    No. Just the tallest midget in the Pac-12 over the last dozen years at least. Unless there's a schools that has had a better run in the conference that I'm unaware of?
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

1991 BC.

Before Cellphones.

A great team.

NOC about the 90’s.

Except grunge fans.

I guess for fans of some of these schools being able to cuddle up with their glory days at bedtime is nice.
    Yes, they have national championships
    46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

1991 BC.

Before Cellphones.

A great team.

NOC about the 90’s.

Except grunge fans.

You wouldn't know I suppose.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,621 Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

Big 10 culture is weird. Seeing the ads for Case IH to buy a combine when watching their network is so out of place for my global suburban country club self.

But It also has that old school stodgy holier than thou view.

But the key is being able to watch their network

What a concept

I like the history shows. Can't wait for Big 10 legend John McKay
    Such a brilliant move to wipe out most of the B1G's abominable Rose Bowel history by acquiring the primary culprit.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005
    whlinder said:

whlinder said:

Big 10 culture is weird. Seeing the ads for Case IH to buy a combine when watching their network is so out of place for my global suburban country club self.

But It also has that old school stodgy holier than thou view.

But the key is being able to watch their network

What a concept

I like the history shows. Can't wait for Big 10 legend John McKay
    Such a brilliant move to wipe out most of the B1G's abominable Rose Bowel history by acquiring the primary culprit.
    My whole perspective and bias on the Big 10 (and a lot of other things) was shaped by what I saw growing up. I was too young to have ever been in awe of Michigan ... all I saw Big 10 team after team come out west and underwhelm in the RB. I grew up thinking the Pac 10 owned that game. And based on my time in Miami and following the Orange Bowl, which was tied on end to the Big 8 and open on the other, I used to legit say out loud "why doesn't the Rose Bowl do the same thing as the Orange? Pac 10 champ vs. best team available?" Hubris, right? But fuck, it was true. That bias was so strong in me that it took me a while to really accept Buck as the real thing. They were OK but not elite for years, and belonging to the Big 10, again, was not going to impress me.

I know now it's a tough league. I get it. But it is not in the same galaxy as the SEC.

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

1991 BC.

Before Cellphones.

A great team.

NOC about the 90’s.

Except grunge fans.

One peaked 31 years ago. As I was saying.

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

1991 BC.

Before Cellphones.

A great team.

NOC about the 90’s.

Except grunge fans.

188-70 since 2000.

Best in the Conference

No need to climb into the way back machine either.

I know.

Still no 1/2 title to cuddle with.

Yet.

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

1991 BC.

Before Cellphones.

A great team.

NOC about the 90’s.

Except grunge fans.

You’re right, some have whole championships.
    46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

1991 BC.

Before Cellphones.

A great team.

NOC about the 90’s.

Except grunge fans.

188-70 since 2000.

Best in the Conference

No need to climb into the way back machine either.

I know.

Still no 1/2 title to cuddle with.

Yet.
    Lol truly a golden era to glory in.

Too easy quook.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    Look at the little quck go!
    46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

1991 BC.

Before Cellphones.

A great team.

NOC about the 90’s.

Except grunge fans.

We're working on getting our third whole championship.

Let us know when you get your first.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

1991 BC.

Before Cellphones.

A great team.

NOC about the 90’s.

Except grunge fans.

We're working on getting our third whole championship.

Let us know when you get your first.
    4th.

BYU can suck a dick.