Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

USC/UCLA Wants to Shut the Door

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

behind them. At least it’s been suggested they don’t want UW/UO to follow. That’s likely because they don’t want to recruit against them anymore. If UW/UO get left behind, then they will have a lesser platform on which to recruit in Cali and SC/UCLA can clean up in the West.

Sounds like this very thing is happening with the Gators not wanting Miami in the SEC.

https://caneswarning.com/2022/07/08/rumors-flying-florida-doesnt-want-miami-hurricanes-joining-sec/amp/

Of course they don’t. No one else in the B10 does either. Even if they wouldn’t get full share. It’s just 2 more mouths to feed with teams that their core base could gaf about.

The Big10 has never had an eyeball or attendance problem. Only a championship problem.

And Oregon and Washington don’t fix that.
    And @DerekJohnson, who is this sackless wonder who follows me all over the place here.

https://hardcorehusky.com/home/unauthorized
    Cuog being 100m in debt and rooting for UW to fail is so fucking cuog.

If the Pac sticks together I don't ever want to hear another Go Cuogsz ever again. Shut the fuck up forever. You only exist because of UW.
    Oh. Should have known it was you. Why you hide for so long?

WSU Vancouver stock gonna COUV stalk, I spose.

What the fuck?

Make it make sense.

Enjoy the mountain west. Unless the doogs save you. So ungrateful and yet so unsurprising.

100m in debt. That's no joke for a program that begs for money from the state.
    And you know they are all over that dim-witted Duke graduate's jock on this "keep it together for the families" bullshit.

I'm 100% done supporting Cuog!
    To Salem's point, cuog is the only school whose satellite campus is better than their main campus. Verified by faculty who have taught in both campuses.

At least for masters degrees (CS, EE in my experience)

Along with Harv, he's too stupid to understand that he's just ripping on his beloved cuog even more while he failingly screams that UW is nothing more than a mountain west school.

But Harv screams "I have a second house in Bend!!!! UW is trashhh!!!"
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    edited July 2022

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

behind them. At least it’s been suggested they don’t want UW/UO to follow. That’s likely because they don’t want to recruit against them anymore. If UW/UO get left behind, then they will have a lesser platform on which to recruit in Cali and SC/UCLA can clean up in the West.

Sounds like this very thing is happening with the Gators not wanting Miami in the SEC.

https://caneswarning.com/2022/07/08/rumors-flying-florida-doesnt-want-miami-hurricanes-joining-sec/amp/

Of course they don’t. No one else in the B10 does either. Even if they wouldn’t get full share. It’s just 2 more mouths to feed with teams that their core base could gaf about.

The Big10 has never had an eyeball or attendance problem. Only a championship problem.

And @DerekJohnson, who is this sackless wonder who follows me all over the place here.

If the Pac sticks together I don't ever want to hear another Go Cuogsz ever again. Shut the fuck up forever. You only exist because of UW.

What the fuck?

Make it make sense.

Enjoy the mountain west. Unless the doogs save you. So ungrateful and yet so unsurprising.

And you know they are all over that dim-witted Duke graduate's jock on this "keep it together for the families" bullshit.

This Coug is sad to see how things have went the last couple weeks. But I knew that this day would come eventually. It’s been a money game since forever.

But now it’s a show me the money game. And if you can’t either bring that and/or eyeballs, you’re gonna get relegated. I don’t support any legislation to keep WSU tied to UW. And I don’t support Cal keeping UCLA tied.

If UCLA wants to create they’re own disaster, they should be free to do so.

It’s gonna be a free for all once this regular season is over. And instead of trying to charm CEO’s that will smile and say “we’re here to stay”.

Kliakovv or however you spell the fuckers name should be offering Boise and SDSt a spot, now. And then make sure that they get Colorado St and work from there. Get back as many eyeballs as you can. And that’s low hanging fruit, if you do it now for 2023. Before the contract.

It’s 50/50 that the rest of the South
    Peaces out to the B12. But if you can bring in a SoCal school and a school that averaged over 600,000 eyeballs per game mostly on CBS Sports Network, you gotta do it.

All of this talk about Baylor or Ok St or even Texas Tech coming to the PAC is pure fantasy.

And this proposed alliance with the ACC might move the needle a little. But the Clemsons, FSUs and U’s of the world would never come out here. We’ll get Boston College and Syracuse instead.

With that said, the ACC alliance really can’t hurt, monetarily. So do that and get the best replacement schools that you can.

• 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967

46XiJCAB said:

USC and fans always bragged about how they clean up the SoCal talent. Now they are getting their asses kicked on the recruiting trail, they took their ball and went home. What a bunch of cunts...

USC and fans always bragged about how they clean up the SoCal talent. Now they are getting their asses kicked on the recruiting trail, they took their ball and went home. What a bunch of cunts...

Oregon about to jump SC and the great Lincoln Riley. B1G reject still kicking SC ass on and off the field.
    Kicking SC ass on the field?

If you say so
    Over the last 22 years Oregon leads the series. You Doogs can live in the last century all you want. CFB has moved on. It’s almost like believing UW owns Oregon. What idiot would think that.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

Oregon about to jump SC and the great Lincoln Riley. B1G reject still kicking SC ass on and off the field.

If you say so
    Over the last 22 years Oregon leads the series. You Doogs can live in the last century all you want. CFB has moved on. It’s almost like believing UW owns Oregon. What idiot would think that.
    College football was invented 22 years agoPOTD!
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,463 Swaye's Wigwam

I'll add this: I honestly, objectively, think UW is a better fit in the Big 10 than Oregon. Not so much just for the academics; the B10 has more than its share of academic middle weights. I probably have a bias because I grew up watching UW playing Michigan and Iowa in Rose Bowls, not Oregon. I have no scientific basis for the view. More of a feel and an optic kind of thing. The Big 10 is old and stodgy and probably were the first people to use the term "blue blood" to describe their programs. UW, too, takes itself VERY seriously and has a very high opinion of itself. It's in the culture. How else does an idiot like Lake (who went to fucking Eastern) pop off? I went to school there for UG and LS and grew up around Huskies. We?'re used to looking down on programs not named USC. Historically it's been a bit of a snotty school. When we're? not good at football, we switch to academis shit talk. I think part of that is because Cuog! is the ultimate little brother all around and they begrudgingly defer to us? (because they don't have much choice). IDK. UW just feels like it fits in with the old Midwestern powers like Michigan, who also likes itself quite a lot. Stanford is the school that won't ever say "we have really high level academics" because they know everybody knows it. They get to just sit there and smirk. UW is like Michigan in that they know not everyone knows where they stand academically, so they tell you. "Dude, people turn down Ivies to go to Ross!" I've literally heard that said. You would never hear a Stanford person say something like that. It's a given.

Oregon likes itself a lot too, but it's a different feel. They have a chip on their shoulder and they know they are new money. Part of what I like about their program is they said "fuck off" to the entrenchment crowd and said "we can fucking do it too" and went out and did it while UW people were snickering at them. That kind of story, which is not a bad story, fits better somewhere else. Like the Big 12. Somewhere with a "let's talk about today" crowd. That's not the Big 10.

Seattle is, or at least was before San Fran absorbed it as a northern neighborhood, the most Midwestern city west of the Rockies.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

What the fuck?

Make it make sense.

This Coug is sad to see how things have went the last couple weeks. But I knew that this day would come eventually. It’s been a money game since forever.

But now it’s a show me the money game. And if you can’t either bring that and/or eyeballs, you’re gonna get relegated. I don’t support any legislation to keep WSU tied to UW. And I don’t support Cal keeping UCLA tied.

If UCLA wants to create they’re own disaster, they should be free to do so.

It’s gonna be a free for all once this regular season is over. And instead of trying to charm CEO’s that will smile and say “we’re here to stay”.

Kliakovv or however you spell the fuckers name should be offering Boise and SDSt a spot, now. And then make sure that they get Colorado St and work from there. Get back as many eyeballs as you can. And that’s low hanging fruit, if you do it now for 2023. Before the contract.

It’s 50/50 that the rest of the South
    Peaces out to the B12. But if you can bring in a SoCal school and a school that averaged over 600,000 eyeballs per game mostly on CBS Sports Network, you gotta do it.

All of this talk about Baylor or Ok St or even Texas Tech coming to the PAC is pure fantasy.

And this proposed alliance with the ACC might move the needle a little. But the Clemsons, FSUs and U’s of the world would never come out here. We’ll get Boston College and Syracuse instead.

With that said, the ACC alliance really can’t hurt, monetarily. So do that and get the best replacement schools that you can.

tldr;
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

If you say so
    College football’s competitiveness changed drastically with the (near) full implementation of Title IX and the reduction of football scholarships to 85 in the mid-90’s.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,729 Founders Club
    Boise State is better than Oregon
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,685 Standard Supporter
    edited July 2022

I'll add this: I honestly, objectively, think UW is a better fit in the Big 10 than Oregon. Not so much just for the academics; the B10 has more than its share of academic middle weights. I probably have a bias because I grew up watching UW playing Michigan and Iowa in Rose Bowls, not Oregon. I have no scientific basis for the view. More of a feel and an optic kind of thing. The Big 10 is old and stodgy and probably were the first people to use the term "blue blood" to describe their programs. UW, too, takes itself VERY seriously and has a very high opinion of itself. It's in the culture. How else does an idiot like Lake (who went to fucking Eastern) pop off? I went to school there for UG and LS and grew up around Huskies. We?'re used to looking down on programs not named USC. Historically it's been a bit of a snotty school. When we're? not good at football, we switch to academis shit talk. I think part of that is because Cuog! is the ultimate little brother all around and they begrudgingly defer to us? (because they don't have much choice). IDK. UW just feels like it fits in with the old Midwestern powers like Michigan, who also likes itself quite a lot. Stanford is the school that won't ever say "we have really high level academics" because they know everybody knows it. They get to just sit there and smirk. UW is like Michigan in that they know not everyone knows where they stand academically, so they tell you. "Dude, people turn down Ivies to go to Ross!" I've literally heard that said. You would never hear a Stanford person say something like that. It's a given.

Oregon likes itself a lot too, but it's a different feel. They have a chip on their shoulder and they know they are new money. Part of what I like about their program is they said "fuck off" to the entrenchment crowd and said "we can fucking do it too" and went out and did it while UW people were snickering at them. That kind of story, which is not a bad story, fits better somewhere else. Like the Big 12. Somewhere with a "let's talk about today" crowd. That's not the Big 10.

Seattle is, or at least was before San Fran absorbed it as a northern neighborhood, the most Midwestern city west of the Rockies.
    Midwestern folk are nice and friendly and the females have squeezable boobies.

Nothing like Seattle at all.

Sincerely,

Spokane squeezable boobies.

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

Nah. Most Midwesterners have sensibility. No one could describe typical Seattleite with that trait.

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

If you say so

Strawman ass fuck POTD!

No, just the progression to the current system. NOC what happened in the 90's. No one.

In the last 22 years USC has 2 natties and a legendary loss for a third

The zeros remain at zero

That's nice but the comparison was head to head. Oregon leads there in those 22 years. They've also won the recruiting side. But Riley was going to change all of that. Oh well.
    46XiJCAB said:

In the last 22 years USC has 2 natties and a legendary loss for a third

The zeros remain at zero

That's nice but the comparison was head to head. Oregon leads there in those 22 years. They've also won the recruiting side. But Riley was going to change all of that. Oh well.
    So Boise State is better than Oregon

Got it

Boise State is better than Oregon

So it's,

1. BSU
    2. Oregon
    3. UW

I'm all about head to head. I've never shed tears over the BSU losses.

REAL fans want championships. Oregon fans invent timelines to show irrelevant stuff

Same old same old

USC

Stanford
    Oregon UW
    trublue said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

If you say so
    College football’s competitiveness changed drastically with the (near) full implementation of Title IX and the reduction of football scholarships to 85 in the mid-90’s.
    Just stop with the facts. I could have included the 7x SC and UO played in the 90's, the Trojans held a 4-3 advantage. But NOC about the 90's.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam
    46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

If you say so

Strawman ass fuck POTD!

No, just the progression to the current system. NOC what happened in the 90's. No one.

Not strawman. Any time any discussion about comparing football happens here, Ducks always have to establish their own timeline.

22 years ago...

Since 1994...

100% of the time, it happens every time.

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

46XiJCAB said:

If you say so

Strawman ass fuck POTD!

Not strawman. Any time any discussion about comparing football happens here, Ducks always have to establish their own timeline.

22 years ago...

Since 1994...

100% of the time, it happens every time.
    You guys had a nice run when you had 120 man rosters. Back in the "olden days." Which is why I don't go scoreboard on the 1939 Tall Firs, the very first NCAA BB champs. Because NOC. And that trophy isn't shared. I checked.

REAL fans want championships. Oregon fans invent timelines to show irrelevant stuff

Same old same old

USC

Stanford
    Oregon UW

I dream of the days of $1.29 gal gas too.