Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It’s done: UW/UO

creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
is an update post we’re all waiting on pins and needles to learn.

Side commentary: sad how we? don’t care about Cuog’s fate. I’m hearing that a lot lately.

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Side commentary: sad how we? don’t care about Cuog’s fate. I’m hearing that a lot lately.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    The creep! Lol
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

CREEPY STOp

I know Grundle. (He ded but that is beside the poont).. Creep is no Grundle.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

After attending the beavlet game and the apple cup this year they can both go play in the fucking big sky.
  • Options
    EwaDawg said:

CREEPY STOp

I know Grundle. (He ded but that is beside the poont).. Creep is no Grundle.
    You mean Grundle is no Creep. That’s what you mean.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022

I'm in the minority that I am sad to see the Coug's and Beav's fates even though I know the Cougs would love nothing more than to see anything bad happen to UW.

Especially because I think the Cougs have defied so many odds with what they've been able to do as a program since the early-80s and will have to slip out while a program that's fuck around the way UCLA has the past 20 plus years gets to an all of that random trash that's in the Big 10.

Fair. Especially, as I was saying in another thread, fucking Rutgers, which lower than trash. The idea that Stanford would be on the outside looking in at a conference that includes Rutgers is worse than an abortion.
    What this whole thing shows is that only the cream of the crop matter. The bottom half of the Big 10 is trash but it all comes down to Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State and to a lesser extent Michigan State, Wisconsin, and kind of Iowa doing their things.

The classic powers of the Pac-12 have mostly drug ass for a long, long time (I include UCLA in this. They should be more what they were in the 80s/90s than what they've been since 99) and the middle and bottom of the conference has been as good as any in the country, but who cares? A program with potential like ASU never becoming anything hasn't helped either.

I've been saying it for days but Nebraska, Minnesota, Illinois, Northwestern, Indiana, Purdue, Maryland and Rutgers would regularly be the worst teams in the Pac-12 in recent and future history and the only program in the Pac-12 I see long-term glued to the basement is Colorado.

Maybe the conference shouldn't have punished its own power 30 years ago and pushed for parity for a long time?
  • Options
    MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2022
    Going to be some shit for Creepy when Miami’s economy falls apart because crypto crashes and Russia runs out of money then his school gets stuck in the ACC because they can’t afford the buy out. Then the ACC and pac 10 join forces in some costal conference bullshit. See you in hell!
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Going to be some shit for Creepy when Miami’s economy falls apart because crypto crashes and Russia runs out of money then his school gets stuck in the ACC because they can’t afford the buy out. Then the ACC and pac 10 join forces in some costal conference bullshit. See you in hell!

Miami doesn’t have and has never had a lot of money. Miami’s primary asset is its location, both because a lot of people see it as a happening place and because recruiting grounds are fertile as fuck.

Miami having issues and challenges is nothing new and generally part of its charm. It’s what makes them fun to like when they’re good and beating teams that have other built-in advantages. It’s an otherwise small and decent, if not underwhelming, school.

There is an article floating around about Clemson, Miami and VTech joining the SEC. I’m trying to figure out whether that would be great or awful for them.
  • Options
    MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I don’t get the appeal of VT if the SEC already has Vanderbilt and Tenn. Dabo would retire before he went to the SEC. He’ll say it’s all changed too much blah blah when reality is he can’t recruit well if his teams are getting their shit pushed in 3-4 times a year.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm in the minority that I am sad to see the Coug's and Beav's fates even though I know the Cougs would love nothing more than to see anything bad happen to UW.

Especially because I think the Cougs have defied so many odds with what they've been able to do as a program since the early-80s and will have to slip out while a program that's fuck around the way UCLA has the past 20 plus years gets to an all of that random trash that's in the Big 10.

WSU and OSU will be fine, because they'll be entering the MW with much better facilities and bigger followings than most of those teams.

It could also wake up their fanbases a bit in terms of donations and things.

They'll still play their big brothers which is all they care about anyways.

So really who's getting fucked here is Boise and Utah State.
  • Options

Lolz that “fuck off” Firemarshallbill opened this thread.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rumors that the SEC wants UW, UO, Colorado, and ASU for the timezones and markets.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2022
    haie said:

Rumors that the SEC wants UW, UO, Colorado, and ASU for the timezones and markets.

Sounds like a dubious rumor to me but... honestly joining the SEC would be huge for us and Seattle would be a mostly net new set of eyeballs for them.

I remember in 2014 when Melvin Gordon mouthed off about Tanner McEvoy during halftime and got benched, leading to a massive Wisconsin collapse... there were no Geaux Tigers chants - it wa just S-E-C S-E-C. It'll be sad to have to swear allegiance to a greater power but I'll get on board for our salvation.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,116
    I bet that rumor came from some delusional quook source. 🤷‍♂️